DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

I liked Mackenzie but Melissa is one helluva upgrade.  But instead of being backstage I'd rather they have her as the ring announcer.

I checked over the weekend and while they have a lot of past events on Twitch there isn't one for last Friday's Impact.  I tried live but it was always the old stuff which means my only option was watching via Kodi.  It's pretty sad that Impact's gone from a channel that was at least on more people's cable systems to this.  They deserve better.

As I understand it, the weekly Impact on twitch won't be available on demand (I work Friday nights so there went that option) and it looks like it'll still have the ten day delay on GWN for some reason.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

As I understand it, the weekly Impact on twitch won't be available on demand (I work Friday nights so there went that option) and it looks like it'll still have the ten day delay on GWN for some reason.

I assume the ten day delay is to encourage you to catch it on Twitch or Pursuit (is that the name of the new place?), same as the delay for Raw and SmackDown on the Network is meant to encourage you to catch it on USA or Hulu or where-evs. 

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I assume the ten day delay is to encourage you to catch it on Twitch or Pursuit (is that the name of the new place?), same as the delay for Raw and SmackDown on the Network is meant to encourage you to catch it on USA or Hulu or where-evs. 

It's weird though. They only have the delay in the US, and they specifically blamed it on Pop when they launched the network.

I mean, it's easy enough to get around with a VPN, but there's no delay even in Canada where Anthem's Fight Network actually is.

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's weird though. They only have the delay in the US, and they specifically blamed it on Pop when they launched the network.

I mean, it's easy enough to get around with a VPN, but there's no delay even in Canada where Anthem's Fight Network actually is.

I'm in Canada and the most recent episode available on GWN is from January 3. :blink:

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm in Canada and the most recent episode available on GWN is from January 3. :blink:

I stand corrected then. They may have changed things, or maybe I'm wrong about what country by vpn bounced my signal through.

Guess I'll have to see what the Twitch numbers are. 

Edit: So Twitch tracker, which is pretty accurate, says Impact hit 10.6K max during the live stream.  The high water mark came during the Calihan/Mack match.

EDIT EDIT: For comparison to the closest thing I could think of, AAA.  Triplemania did 41k on the spanish stream, the english stream did 5600.  The regular monthly cards for AAA they stream run an average of 5k on the Spanish stream, no english stream on them.

Well, I'm not calling it a success or fail based on one week.  AAA's seen a steady decline, but holds around 100 viewers for it's rerun stuff.  WrestleCircus did the Twitch thing and it didn't help, although I'm pretty sure there were lots of other reasons WC died.  

On the plus side, House of Hardcore never cracked Impact's first show, even on the 4 hour stream.

It'll be interesting following it.  but I don't think Twitch is going to offset whatever it lost going to a network no one has.

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well we are a jinx

Per PWI - Abyss and Sonjay Dutt have both left and are WWE bound

Konnan and Tommy Dreamer have been added on the creative side

Thank god. That show was unbearable with Sonjay writing it. Should’ve been fired long ago. 

Its really improved the last few weeks. You could feel that there was some kind of creative change. 

Great to see Sonjay get one WWE chance.  Maybe it is more of a backstage deal like Jimmy Jacobs but he did a lot for TNA and GFW backstage as well.  Given that he is one of Jeff Jarrett's best friends has to tell you something about how they view

Abyss is going to weird.  Physically he has been shot for a long time and you can argue he was a rather average wrestler to begin with.  He would make a great Royal Rumble surprise entrant but other than that I don't really know

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Great to see Sonjay get one WWE chance.  Maybe it is more of a backstage deal like Jimmy Jacobs but he did a lot for TNA and GFW backstage as well.  Given that he is one of Jeff Jarrett's best friends has to tell you something about how they view

Abyss is going to weird.  Physically he has been shot for a long time and you can argue he was a rather average wrestler to begin with.  He would make a great Royal Rumble surprise entrant but other than that I don't really know

It seems even worse with those considering the fact of those two people doing it.

Abyss being the person who risked his career to put his stock in with TNA all of this time and now, finally getting his chance with WWE is kind of bittersweet. He should have been the first good "Vince could get anyone, but he JUST COULDN'T GET THIS GUY" of the Monopoly Era, and now he's finally in the fold in WWE.

And even then, Sonjay Dutt may even be worse there- at least TNA gave Abyss a TNA World Title reign and a HOF entrance, so his loyalty was eventually rewarded. Dutt, on the other hand, started with TNA in 2003 and did not taste a championship, at any level,  in the company until 2017...so HIM being loyal to TNA without any reward was almost more romantic than Abyss's loyalty was. 

1 minute ago, SorceressKnight said:

It seems even worse with those considering the fact of those two people doing it.

Abyss being the person who risked his career to put his stock in with TNA all of this time and now, finally getting his chance with WWE is kind of bittersweet. He should have been the first good "Vince could get anyone, but he JUST COULDN'T GET THIS GUY" of the Monopoly Era, and now he's finally in the fold in WWE.

And even then, Sonjay Dutt may even be worse there- at least TNA gave Abyss a TNA World Title reign and a HOF entrance, so his loyalty was eventually rewarded. Dutt, on the other hand, started with TNA in 2003 and did not taste a championship, at any level,  in the company until 2017...so HIM being loyal to TNA without any reward was almost more romantic than Abyss's loyalty was. 

Sonjay was average at best and didn’t deserve any kind of sustained push let alone championship reign. 

Pushing people out of “loyalty” rather than talent is one of the problems in wrestling. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thibs said:

Sonjay was average at best and didn’t deserve any kind of sustained push let alone championship reign. 

Pushing people out of “loyalty” rather than talent is one of the problems in wrestling. 

Normally, this would be the case.

This is TNA we're talking about.

If someone was willing to give 10 years of their life to TNA, they DESERVE to call themselves a World Champion in exchange for staying with a dumpster fire like TNA was at their worst for that long.

1 minute ago, SorceressKnight said:

Normally, this would be the case.

This is TNA we're talking about.

If someone was willing to give 10 years of their life to TNA, they DESERVE to call themselves a World Champion in exchange for staying with a dumpster fire like TNA was at their worst for that long.

Meh I see your point but I hate Sonjay so I can’t agree ?

• Haha 1

Before his body really started falling apart, Abyss was a solid worker, and he's one of the best garbage match workers of his generation. 

But his body is shot and WWE doesn't do that kind of match anymore, so I'm curious how he fits in. But I hope it works out for him, he's given his life and body to the business, and if nothing else I hope this gets him a nice retirement nest egg.

17 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Before his body really started falling apart, Abyss was a solid worker, and he's one of the best garbage match workers of his generation. 

But his body is shot and WWE doesn't do that kind of match anymore, so I'm curious how he fits in. But I hope it works out for him, he's given his life and body to the business, and if nothing else I hope this gets him a nice retirement nest egg.

He wasn’t just a great garbage wrestler. He could have great regular matches with the right opponent as well. Angle vs. Abyss from Turning Point 2009 comes to mind. 

He knew how to tell a story and his facial expressions/mannerisms were phenomenal.