DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Was this on Raven/Dreamer?

Nope. Sami Callihan & Rich Swann. But they also said Johnny Impact & Taya had known Brian Cage for years.

• Like 1

By Mike Johnson on 2019-01-08 11:35:00
Ed Nordholm, the President of Impact Wrestling parent company Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC gave a speech to the Impact Wrestling roster backstage before last night's Impact Wrestling taping in Nashville, TN. 

According to several sources we spoke to, it was very much a positive speech with Nordholm noting the company accomplished what they wanted to set out to do in 2018.   Nordholm told the roster 2017 was a "learning year" after Anthem took over the company and that 2018 was about getting them in position for the future.  He said that everyone is optimistic and enthusiastic for what is to come in 2019. 

During his address to the roster, Nordholm put over there has been growth of the Fight Network (which Anthem owns) internationally and that Impact has and will continue to be a big part of that. 

Nordholm also addressed the company’s move to The Pursuit Channel, noting that one of the reasons Anthem took over the company was so that they could have it for their own assets and Pursuit is one of those assets.  With the deal at Pop ending, Impact now has the digital rights to the Impact Wrestling series again, which is why they can also simulcast it on Twitch on Fridays.

During the meeting, Nordholm took questions from the roster and specifically addressed that there were some rumblings last year that Anthem was looking to sell the company, assuring everyone that is not the case and that they shouldn’t be worried about anything along those lines.  

58868b511200001300ad9581.jpg?ops=scalefi

Jessie is an absolute talent in the ring! And his performance towards the end of his TNA run , was very impressive. I also believe he’s the complete package, Best body ever in wrestling and some very impressive drop kick among other talents. I don’t know if he has pissed off anyone, more then anything he probably is being somewhat picky. He’s seems to like the schedule that he had with impact towards the end (When they did a set of tapings a week ,once a month). He has a lot of fans in wrestling (Believe it or not) and they are definitely ready for him to come back. Let’s just hope he doesn’t continue to leave them hanging. 

Much love,

-Life long Wrestling fan 

jessie-godderz-86.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, Jesse was great in Impact (and indeed his dropkick is fantastic), but it's a small sample size for me. Is it that he's a super adaptable guy who is going to fit in perfectly everywhere, or is it that he just happened to be perfect for Impact, and mostly programmed with people who he had great chemistry with? So basically I really want to see him either return to Impact and work with someone fresh, or go somewhere else and see how he fits in there. But obviously, if Wrestling is not his main priority (or if it is his main priority, but it's not his best paying gig, so he does other TV shows instead) it makes sense he's made less of a mark on the Wrestling business than he potentially could have.

• Like 1

I thought Mr Pecwhatever I refuse to type outs nickname actually showed a lot more in the ring then say EC3 ever did but I don’t remember anytime Jesse ever had a mic in his hand or near his face speaking. 

• Like 1

The BroMans with DJZ was really great heel gimmick. I mean, who isn't going to hate a Jersey Shore gimmick? I mean, I probably hated it more than someone from the midwest since I'm from Jersey and Italian. It's not bad enough the show played up the Jersey guido stereotype, but most of them weren't from Jersey or Italian.

The only thing with the BroMans is, you've got Robbie who calls everyone Bro, and you've got Jesse who... doesn't call everyone Man. He calls everyone Dude. But you couldn't call them the BroDudes because it doesn't sound like Bromance, and it does sound like the name Tyrus was using in WWE at the same time.

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In the new WON - it is mentioned that McKenzie Mitchell quit this week

Aw, that's a shame.  I liked her on the show playing off some of the wackier characters.  And I guess we'll never see if she ever fell for Moose after all the sweettalking he was doing.

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Aw, that's a shame.  I liked her on the show playing off some of the wackier characters.  And I guess we'll never see if she ever fell for Moose after all the sweettalking he was doing.

Oh, she fell for Moose. Her eyes tell the whole story. She found out why he's called Moose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Impact on Twitch is a good idea.   I'd watch it live, but, well, Geek and Sundry runs a V:TM game Friday nights and well, priorities.  But they seem to be replaying Impact regularly over the weekend. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I always liked Melissa on Lucha Underground. 

Do you know what else I like about Impact threads?

How 16 years have passed so no one fantasy books WCW angles and how no one cares enough to argue over Meltzer minutiae.

But how about the punches?

On 1/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, pgi86 said:

Melissa Santos is the new backstage interviewer for Impact.

As long as they don't put her in any wrestling segments that is a great choice.  But dear god don't make her reenact the fight scene that she did with Katrina in Lucha Undergound.

• Like 1