DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

Godderz would be a VinnyMac wet dream if he was six inches taller. Where did he go? And Robbie E, they just vanished.

Agreed on Godderz having untapped potential, he showed a lot of fire in his last Impact run as a babyface. He would tweet a lot of "where should I make my return" type posts last year then ended up as mentioned showing up in Lucha Underground briefly for a couple matches.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:19 PM, AxB said:

And Robbie E, they just vanished.

Robbie E is a fucking weirdo. Like, he pesters promoters on Facebook to the point they never want to talk to him again, and most of his promos for indies are him in his bed...and not in a sexy way, or like it's staged well. It's just his lazy ass, half asleep, lying in bed mumbling about an upcoming show. And when he does work shows, he doesn't want to do anything.  He spends most of his time on the mic, fucking around.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So according to my Twitter feed, they just announced that Impact will be simulcast on Twitch with the Pursuit move

Cool, now the “creative team” can continue to put on a lackluster TV product without any accountability regarding how many people watch it. 

It is a smart move, though, and basically all they could do.

They’ll be stable but they’re not gonna grow. 

Something I was thinking while watching Impact, they were talking about two guys having history, but they couldn't show any clips because their shared history happened in a different company... who is Impact's longest active onscreen character? Because outside of Josh Matthews, with Trevor Lee gone, it looks like the entire roster (except part time Abyss) was only signed in the last two years or so.

Eli Drake? He's been there like 4 years.

Sonjay Dutt if you want to count him. He's been in and out once or twice, but he was there in the Asylum days.

The OGs/Original LAX guys also go way back, but, again, they were gone for years in between.

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So according to my Twitter feed, they just announced that Impact will be simulcast on Twitch with the Pursuit move

Well given that as of this weekend I still didn't see Impact listed on my channel guide for Pursuit this is a really good thing.

I would think the longest run is Abyss unless you consider Gail Kim not really retired since she was at the PPV last night as a ref

35 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I would think the longest run is Abyss unless you consider Gail Kim not really retired since she was at the PPV last night as a ref

Abyss is still longer - he has been with them continuously since 2003

Kim started in 2005 and of course had the break when she went to the WWE

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That's a smart move and everything and I expected this to happen anyway.  The only problem is trying to get people to watch it live at 10pm on Fridays.  I am rarely if ever home at that time and am not changing things for a show.  I can maybe see watching it if they play it again at 12 (assuming I'm home by then)  Hopefully they'll have replays available because right now it's just random clips and two podcast-type things they have under Events.  Put the episodes under there and I'm sure that will get people to catch the replays on-demand.

9 hours ago, AxB said:

Something I was thinking while watching Impact, they were talking about two guys having history, but they couldn't show any clips because their shared history happened in a different company... who is Impact's longest active onscreen character? Because outside of Josh Matthews, with Trevor Lee gone, it looks like the entire roster (except part time Abyss) was only signed in the last two years or so.

Was this on Raven/Dreamer? They did work each other at Impact's ECW tribute Hardcore Justice 2010 and had a tag match before that, if they wanted to show just a little bit of clips.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Eli Drake? He's been there like 4 years.

Sonjay Dutt if you want to count him. He's been in and out once or twice, but he was there in the Asylum days.

The OGs/Original LAX guys also go way back, but, again, they were gone for years in between.

I think the OGz run is done, or at least Homicide posted last month that all three were free agents.

Of the active main roster talents outside Abyss, I think it's Eddie Edwards (Feb 2014), with Eli in second (Apr 2015)