DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

Just now, Archibald said:

Which PPV was that? One with Aries/Moose main event? Or the one where Aries no sold the finish and walked away?

The one that had Penta/Sami so Aries/Moose????

And just to clarify - the reason for me saying that was they had the PPV were getting all the good buzz but for whatever reason the ratings tanked so then they got moved to the worse time slot... which tanked the ratings more and now they somehow have a worse TV Deal

It was weird. They were doing between 300,000-400,000 viewers a week, the NBA playoffs started, ratings understandably dipped. Playoffs ended, Slamboree was praised all over the place, and the ratings... Continued to slide.

44 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

DJ Z is gone too, if I was AEW i'd sign him or ROH. Whichev

I never understood why they didn’t make a big deal about his injury and ensuring comeback.   Decent wrestler, crowd was into him, built-in comeback story and they just kind offhandedly mentioned the injury and didn’t really make a big deal.  Were I in charge, I probably would have thrown him right into the main events when he came back

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It was weird. They were doing between 300,000-400,000 viewers a week, the NBA playoffs started, ratings understandably dipped. Playoffs ended, Slamboree was praised all over the place, and the ratings... Continued to slide.

Its not weird at all. It was a simplistic, uninspired, uncreativd boring TV show that had zero suspense to it. They focused on pleasing the hardcore fans and providing good wrestling and as has been proven, good wrestling is not enough to get people to watch

3 hours ago, caley said:

I never understood why they didn’t make a big deal about his injury and ensuring comeback.   Decent wrestler, crowd was into him, built-in comeback story and they just kind offhandedly mentioned the injury and didn’t really make a big deal.  Were I in charge, I probably would have thrown him right into the main events when he came back

Agreed, he had a real solid year before that. His all too brief comeback with Andrew Everett produced some excellent tags for as short as it lasted.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2019 at 7:29 PM, caley said:

Because he is terrible. 

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:23 AM, RIPPA said:

There is definitely some irony in that the company took (another) nose dive after one of their best received PPVs ever

The irony is that they put enough shows in the can to make it through the end of 2018, so now no one can tell jokes about them being "still around in 2019" since November of 2018.

3 hours ago, Zartan said:

Because he is terrible. 

He's not that bad. But he did nearly kill that Jesse Sorenson lad, and the last thing this company wants is anyone bringing him up again. Dixie promised him a job for life and then fired him after a few years.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

He's not that bad. But he did nearly kill that Jesse Sorenson lad, and the last thing this company wants is anyone bringing him up again. Dixie promised him a job for life and then fired him after a few years.

God, the fact that we never got the eventual rematch is criminal. Sorenson's promo the following year at Destination X 2012 was fire, would've been gold to have Z winning the title a year after the Sorenson injury then holding it until Jesse came back to take it. I did think DJ Z wasn't very good back then in 2011 but he improved leaps and bounds after just a year to where he was a solid heel all around, but now days I think he's one of the very best X Division/high flyers around. His last X Title run was a lot of fun and I loved when he got to mix it up with Lashley a bit in 2016, felt like he could fit in the top mix.

1 minute ago, ComingToAmerica said:

At this point, I don't really see what the upside of a guy like DJ Z is. He was a passable Scotty 2 Hotty tribute act at best - presumably Regal or someone else disagrees but he's the last BroMan I would have signed.

I acuslly think Godderz has much more of an upside and is a great untapped talent. AEW should look into him. 

• Like 1