DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

IPW UK announced that they will stop running shows at the end of the year (but that the brand isn't going away - whatever that means)

And CWF Mid-Atlantic has cancelled all their schedule live events

Sucks, they really lost momentum when they stopped doing the weekly shows on youtube and Trevor Lee (Cameron Grimes) left.

I left CWF back in February, and while I could go on for hours about how things didn't have to end up this way, right now all I feel is sadness. I really felt like I was part of something special there, and to quote Revolver Ocelot, it doesn't go out with a bang, but a whimper.  I spoke to the "office" today, and the burnout that was being felt a year ago was only getting worse, along with the houses.  I just really hate it for the boys, because for some of them, CWF was all they had.

Not sure, but this might be Kylie Rae's first booking outside of the Chicago area since her reemergence. Hyan is the current Shimmer interim champion. Rok-C is an 18 year old rookie. All three of these ladies were trained at Booker's school.

EDIT: Nevermind, she's on the BLP show in Indiana, tonight. That's not too far outside of Chicago, though.

Edited by mattdangerously

On 11/15/2019 at 2:12 PM, Technico Support said:

My worry over PWG not booking a show for a while in light of AEW's rise was unfounded, as they've announced a show for December 20, "The Makings of a Varsity Athlete."

I'm down for a 2019 Rick Steiner/Mike Rotunda tag team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2019 at 6:38 PM, RIPPA said:

IPW UK announced that they will stop running shows at the end of the year (but that the brand isn't going away - whatever that means)

And CWF Mid-Atlantic has cancelled all their schedule live events

IPW were the guys who flew half their roster to America in April to hold a show in front of 10 people. They also stopped running the immensely popular Tuesday Night Graps shows (that have basically been the template for the even more popular Schadenfreude & Friends shows) because they didn't "fit the brand". What I'm trying to say is that they may not have been the smartest business people.

After the last USA Pro show, I thought I wouldn't return, but they are booking the Hart Foundation vs. the Rock 'n' Roll Express and Scott Steiner vs. Joey Ryan so I'm definitely going to their next show.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There is nothing weird about booking old episodes of Worldwide

I am currently planning on skipping Wrestlemania weekend this year due to financial concerns but if The Collective does "GCW Worldwide" as a tribute show with matches like this I may need to reconsider.

And if they pull the trigger on "GCW Prime" hosted by Chris Cruise I will straight up sell a kidney to make the trip happen. If might not be MY kidney, but it will be A kidney.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

He also booked a date on 12/1 with AWE

As noted in the main thread - it is looking like he got his release

That's great and all but I'm still waiting to read about the idiot who designed that shirt in the first place.  And considering all that's gone on  I would bet nothing happens which sucks.  But good for ACH to GTFO and I may have to check out the eventual shoot interview he does.

Edited by NikoBaltimore