DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

On 9/26/2019 at 10:35 AM, Edwin said:

There's an indy show in Orlando Sunday -- Nerd Street Wrestling.

Tessa Blanchard, Erick Stevens and Fred Yehi will be there so I'm going. It's after 3 so that will be a fun Sunday afternoon after church.

EVOLVE stopped booking Yehi and he's just been flopping around indys for a while. What happened there? Why isn't AEW, IMPACT or MLW after him?

This show ruled. Tessa vs Big Swole was really good and I now get the hype with Tessa. She might be the best woman wrestler around today. The complete package. First time seeing Erick Stevens and he was really impressive vs Saieve Al Sabah. Yehi vs Effy was different but a fun match.

• Like 3

Yeah, that was pretty a charismatic

That Yehi match vs. Effy was much better than I was expecting it to be. I had no idea what to expect from Effy as I had never seen him before, but I thought he did fine and Yehi is still really good.

First time seeing Erick Stevens live and he is still the best. I'm sooooo happy he decided to return for one last run. Hope he makes his way to that upcoming MLW card in Orlando next month.

I thought Tessa vs. Big Swole was fun. Tessa, Curt Stallion and Yehi worked as heels against locals.

Dug Stallion vs. Treehouse Lee. I wasn't sure what to make of Treehouse, but he's a charismatic and agile dude who can pop out some impressive stuff.

First time seeing the Ugly Ducklings and I thought they were fantastic. Colby Corino subbed in for one of them for some reason, but he was fun. They went up against the Dirty Blondes who I'm familiar with and like from MLW.

Entertaining show and a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Would definitely go again. 

He's not exaggerating. This is the first time I've left a venue with a headache due to the noise the ring made on every bump.

That's the only negative. Aside from that, great show as I said before.

Edited by Edwin

Thought this board would love to know: Davey Richards showed up at a Prestige event last weekend in Portland, OR, and attacked Prestige Champion, Tom Lawlor, after Lawlor defeated Chris Dickinson in the Main Event. Richards has been out of action for 2 years now and is...back, it seems.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hammerva said:

From tonight's Chikara King of Trios Night 2

Surprised it wasn't filled more  

I was at this. The whole place erupted once Jordynne pulled the jar out, and when he said sorry on the mic, he got a huge “WE FORGIVE YOU” chant.

Trios has been such a fun time.

• Like 1

I haven't watched a lot of Chikara but did watch Night 2 last night.  I don't know if he is a full time character but I am all in on Freddie Mercurial.   I mean when they did the 2 count gimmick and it sounds like the opening of "We Will Rock You" thanks the crowd clapping I lost it.  ?

We got Thatcher vs. Ishikawa this year, I'd be down for Thatcher vs. Ikeda and Thatcher & WALTER vs. Ishikawa & Ikeda next year.

Got MLW and USA Pro running shows on November 9 with MLW starting at 4 PM and USA Pro starting at 7 PM and a 15 minutes drive in between venues. I think I may hit up both shows.

MLW so far has announced Ki vs. Thatcher and Lawlor vs. DBS Jr., plus they have a staked roster with Teddy Hart, MJF, Dominic Garrini, Jacob Fatu and Brian Pillman Jr. and USA Pro has announced Vordell Walker vs. Chris Dickinson and a ton of vets I'd like to see like Big Poppa Pump, Stephan Bonnar, Gangrel, Haku, Kevin Sullivan and Manny Fernandez.

Just when you thought wrestling couldn't get weirder, apparently Master P has bought House of Glory Wrestling. 

I hope that they are still doing that awful CZW vs HOG inter promtional feud because I think all of us have waiting for that DJ Hyde & Master P confrontation  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, hammerva said:

Just when you thought wrestling couldn't get weirder, apparently Master P has bought House of Glory Wrestling. 

I hope that they are still doing that awful CZW vs HOG inter promtional feud because I think all of us have waiting for that DJ Hyde & Master P confrontation  ?

I'm wondering if that's part of why Red pretty much stopped associating with them. 

Well, that's a motherfucker of a booking if ever I saw one. Brookes and Gresham both had to cancel, and they replace it with this. Also the show is in Manchester now, not Liverpool. So actually easier to get to. Venue right close to the train station.

• Like 1