DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

It's been over Twitter, but breifly touched apon in the NWA Thread.  At the end of Sha Samuals and Josh Bodom vs. Aussie Open at Rev Pro's Summer Sizzler, Sha took a liberty without an ok after a botched finish to the match, but Bodom shot on the ref afterwards and fucked him up so bad he had to retire from both Wrestling and his day job.  After a long shit storm, Rev Pro finally put this out:

Short form, they're opening a path to report incidents, Sha is on thin ice and Bodom's been (rightfully) terminated, and please Aaron don't sue us.

Mox is out of Bloodsport, Dickinson steps in against Barnett. I like it.

BUT, in more important news -- MINOWAMAN vs. THATCHER and DBS JR. vs. TOM LAWLOR ?

Hideki Suzuki vs. Thatcher from WM Bloodsport is still my pick for MOTY.

Bloodsport is the best thing in wrestling.

That Daniel Makabe dude is really talented. Caught him match against Thatcher at AMBITION 11 and he made me pop with the Dortmund kit as Thatcher is a fan of Schalke. Great detail from him.

They finally completed the line-up for this year's wXw World Tag Team Festival. They changed the tournament from an 8-team round robin tournament (2 blocks of 4) to a 12-team single elimination tournament this year.

1. Mexablood (Bandido & Flamita)
  2. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch
  3. WRSTLING (David Starr & Eddie Kingston)
  4. Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher)
  5. WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry & JD Drake)
  6. Anti-Fun Police (Chief Deputy Dunne & Los Federales Santos Jr.)
  7. Timothy Thatcher & Veit Müller
  8. The Crown (Jurn Simmons & Alexander James)
  9. Arrows of Hungary (Icarus & Dover)
  10. Jay-AA (Absolute Andy & Jay Skillet)
  11. RISE (Ivan Kiev & Pete Bouncer)
  12. Vollgasteren (Julian Pace & Leon van Gasteren)

The finals will be a four-way with the current tag team champions WALTER & Ilja Dragunov gong directly to the finals. The reason this is happening is because WWE are having NXT:UK tapings on the same days as Day 1 and 2 of the tournament. 

I don't like the change to the single elimination format and especially not the four-way as the final and overall I don't think the line-up is as strong as last year, but there's still plenty to love here.

They also released the line-ups for the Ambition Wildcard and Femmes Fatales tournaments, which are happening as matinee events on Saturday and Sunday.

Femmes Fatales: Lufisto, Faye Jackson, Sweet Saraya, Lana Austin, Session Moth Martina, Leyla Hirsch, Sammii Jayne, Amale, Wesna, Baby Allison

Ambition: Daniel Makabe, Dominic Garrini, Scotty Davis, Damon Moser, Alexander Dean, Rust Taylor, Kevin Lloyd, James Runyan.

Also Timothy Thatcher vs. Oney Lorcan is happening as a superfight on Ambition. Should be a fun weekend.

8 minutes ago, The Z said:

Also Timothy Thatcher vs. Oney Lorcan is happening as a superfight on Ambition. Should be a fun weekend.

Well this is one way to get my attention.  I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

MAKABE! GARRINI! and THATCHER/LORCAN in AMBITION!

Also love them booking 1-2 in the tag team festival.

wXw is truly an under the radar promotion worth following. Been loving them the past 2 years.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:57 AM, Edwin said:

Mox is out of Bloodsport, Dickinson steps in against Barnett. I like it.

BUT, in more important news -- MINOWAMAN vs. THATCHER and DBS JR. vs. TOM LAWLOR ?

Hideki Suzuki vs. Thatcher from WM Bloodsport is still my pick for MOTY.

Bloodsport is the best thing in wrestling.

The final match announced is Killer Kross vs Nick Gage.  Probably not as good as his WM match against Davey Boy Smith Jr but a very interesting match against Gage. 

Edited by hammerva

15 hours ago, hammerva said:

The final match announced is Killer Kross vs Nick Gage.  Probably not as good as his WM match against Davey Boy Smith Jr but a very interesting match against Gage.

Not sure how to feel about this. Gage isn't this great worker the GCW faithful makes him out to be and that entire MDK gimmick is Shane McMahon punches level of cringe. I wasn't blown away by Kross performance at the last Bloodsport either as I felt he held back and was timid against DBS Jr.

Busy weekend of shows in the St. Louis area with two tonight and two tomorrow night.

Tonight Dynamo Pro is in Grafton, IL with the one-night eight-man Riot On The River Tournament. Also St. Louis Anarchy is in Alton, IL with Jeremy Wyatt vs. Thomas Shire, Nick Gage vs. Warhorse Jake Parnell, and Gary Jay vs. Chris Dickinson.

On Saturday, World League Wrestling has a show in Troy, MO and the Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance runs in downtown St. Louis.

Does anyone aside from @The Z here follow wXw? Been following for a while now and I'll say it's one of the funnest under the radar companies in the world. wXw NOW is worth every penny. Some great classic stuff on there with pretty much every big name in he world right now and they currently have one of the funnest rosters in the world that always deliver.

23 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Does anyone aside from @The Z here follow wXw? Been following for a while now and I'll say it's one of the funnest under the radar companies in the world. wXw NOW is worth every penny. Some great classic stuff on there with pretty much every big name in he world right now and they currently have one of the funnest rosters in the world that always deliver.

I personally don't but World Tag Festival is coming up and if that leads me to liking what they offer then they may get me to watch them more.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

So that Tetsujin shootstyle promotion I was digging is running another tournament on November 22nd. Seems to be in Liverpool. They've announced the tournament matches:

• Jay Joshua vs Veit Miller
  • Michael May vs Jordon Breaks
  • Danny Jones vs Scotty Davis
  • Luke Jacobs vs Ethan Allen

And the Superfights:

• A-Kid vs David Starr
  • Chris Brookes vs Jonathon Gresham

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

So that Tetsujin shootstyle promotion I was digging is running another tournament on November 22nd. Seems to be in Liverpool. They've announced the tournament matches:

• Jay Joshua vs Veit Miller
  • Michael May vs Jordon Breaks
  • Danny Jones vs Scotty Davis
  • Luke Jacobs vs Ethan Allen

And the Superfights:

• A-Kid vs David Starr
  • Chris Brookes vs Jonathon Gresham

Whoa, are they on a streaming service?  I really need to see all of that.

• Like 1

Every show they've done so far (nb: Two shows, plus one guest match on someone else's show) is on YouTube. So this will almost certainly be ending up there as well... probably not live though. The archive is here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRNoM9kK2cPky46pIqyQGzw

• Thanks 3