DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

9 hours ago, sabremike said:

NEW was the main Northeast indie he worked before he was in ROH and was where he made his name. Think of an NFL player who gets crapped on by his team's fans but when he goes back to his old college gets treated like a rock star.

Also replay is up on Highspots Network (a freaking bargain for $10 a month if you ask me) and the Private Party/Insanely Rude/Boy & His Dinosaur opener tore the house down.

I watched the show on Highspots. Need to see the first half of the card.

Indie wrestling is my jam lately. I just go and have a good time, regardless of any other factors. My area has a great variety of shows ranging from old-school to super-indie and everything in between. I went to 80 total live events last year (including an NXT house show) and I'm at about 40 so far this year.

• Like 4

Can't wait for the DEFY show on Friday. Lyger, Pillman Jr, Dragon Lee, Rocky Romero, Juice Robinson, Matt Cross, Jacob Fatu and Josef Samael are all on it. Should be a hell of a show. 

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

The Lance Archer renaissance is legit my favorite thing about wrestling this year.

Amen. It’s crazy at his age, I really hope he holds up physically and in match quality and just goes on a tear for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Custos said:

Amen. It’s crazy at his age, I really hope he holds up physically and in match quality and just goes on a tear for the next 5 years.

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

The Lance Archer renaissance is legit my favorite thing about wrestling this year.

Double agreed! This run is what I hoped for 10 years ago when he announced his WWE signing.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, hammerva said:

is he really having a renaissance though?  I mean he has been really good in New Japan for years.   Hasn't been used much in the US except I thought he worked ROH a few times.  Hopefully someone books an Archer vs Erick Stevens match

True, more of an 'everyone finally taking notice' renaissance. 

10 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

berlyn.jpg

In english, PLEASE!

I have this strange feeling that the Angelfire logo made your point better than whatever the actual picture you were linking would.

• Like 2