DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

The first match between them did a lot to get both men over (on this board). So honestly it's surprising it's taken this long for someone to book a rematch. Nice high profile for it though.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2019 at 12:22 AM, AxB said:

Rampage vs David Starr! And Visage is in the Tag Title match (at 1 hr 25 minutes) as well:

The reason I said Visage would be a good pickup was, whilst they (one person; Non-binary) are pretty green, they are a 6'4" 230 lb'er doing a Drag Queen gimmick (that isn't a gimmick). So therefore, whilst they have lot of potential, the one veteran that would really be the ideal mentor would be Dustin Rhodes.

I was with you on Rampage, but hiring Visage when you've already got Sonny Kiss would be a bad move. Not only would it make Sonny less unique, but Sonny is better than Visage on every level - more glamorous, more graceful, a substantially better wrestler (because Visage is pretty terrible) and probably costs less to fly in. It'd like the WWE forming a new Shield with Kona Reeves, Caleb Konley and Ian Rotten's kid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:44 PM, Edwin said:

Timothy Thatcher maybe the best unsigned talent available. If I was booking a promotion I'd throw a lot of money at that guy.

Seriously, I'm a big fan of the guy. He's turned into one of my favorites ever.

MLW had him in for at least a one-off.  Had a really good match with DBS Jr.

• Like 1

Thatcher is far more than just an excellent grappler. He's had multiple great matches against a diverse set of opponents.

Edited by Edwin

Saw Thatcher battle Ishikawa here live a week ago Friday.  It was a thing of meditative beauty.  Dug the DBSJr match as well.  I'd like to see more. 

Say, is anybody up on the Montreal or Quebec scene?  I'm curious who's who and what's what over there.   

3 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Saw Thatcher battle Ishikawa here live a week ago Friday.  It was a thing of meditative beauty.  Dug the DBSJr match as well.  I'd like to see more. 

Say, is anybody up on the Montreal or Quebec scene?  I'm curious who's who and what's what over there.   

You definitely need to see his series of matches with Gulak and Busick, the WALTER match from Progress last year and his match against Hideki Suzuki from Bloodsport this year.

5 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

IWS and FLQ are the Quebec feds I'm aware of. IWSHardcore and FLQWrestling on Twitter.

• Like 1

FLQ uses some of the same talent as Smash Wrestling. I've enjoyed what I've seen of FLQ on the Fite Network. It's fun watching French Canadian workers work heel in Smash and face in FLQ and the Toronto/Buffalo guys work as heels in FLQ while faces in Smash.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

IWS and FLQ are the Quebec feds I'm aware of. IWSHardcore and FLQWrestling on Twitter.

I'm aware of these company names, but wondering about the talent.  Anybody in particular (excluding guys on there way to AEW) to keep an eye out for?  

6 minutes ago, bobholly138 said:

When Taven won he got the loudest pop of the night so far. I was surprised. While I don't hate Taven I know most of the fans appear to.

So only Mox and Penta got bigger pops?

From what I remember he used to wrestler there a lot in his early years so maybe local people still remember him.

5 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'm aware of these company names, but wondering about the talent.  Anybody in particular (excluding guys on there way to AEW) to keep an eye out for?  

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=1932&page=16

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

9 hours ago, Archibald said:

So only Mox and Penta got bigger pops?

From what I remember he used to wrestler there a lot in his early years so maybe local people still remember him.

Pretty much. When Taven came out as a surprise he got a decent reaction. But once he won the crowd went nuts. I was surprised by it. 

2 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Pretty much. When Taven came out as a surprise he got a decent reaction. But once he won the crowd went nuts. I was surprised by it. 

NEW was the main Northeast indie he worked before he was in ROH and was where he made his name. Think of an NFL player who gets crapped on by his team's fans but when he goes back to his old college gets treated like a rock star.

Also replay is up on Highspots Network (a freaking bargain for $10 a month if you ask me) and the Private Party/Insanely Rude/Boy & His Dinosaur opener tore the house down.

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 1