DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

WALTER vs Daisuke Sekimoto for WXW in Toronto on Summerslam weekend - August 9th 

and Thatcher vs. Ishikawa II on the same show. I'm honestly surprised RIPPA has been completely sleeping on this. We don't even get line-ups like this at home outside of 16 Carat.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

@DEAN @J.T. @ all other people who still live in the Richmond area

I see we've come a long way since the days of Johnny Ringo.

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well isn't Suzuki like the 1st one but damn

How hasn’t AEW tried to convince Nick Mondo(If this was him) to work for them full-time? Regardless I wouldn’t be shocked if that man had a future in Hollywood one day as a big budget cinematographer, or editor. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Ok, we are a little more than a week out, so who all is going to be at SCI this year?  I'm excited to be the lead announcer this year since Dan "The Dragon" Wilson retired, and this is always the most fun wrestling weekend of the year for me.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 1:13 PM, ChesterCopperpot said:

WALTER vs Daisuke Sekimoto for WXW in Toronto on Summerslam weekend - August 9th 

On 7/22/2019 at 3:09 PM, The Z said:

and Thatcher vs. Ishikawa II on the same show. I'm honestly surprised RIPPA has been completely sleeping on this. We don't even get line-ups like this at home outside of 16 Carat.

Where r u guys going for the line-ups and info?  And thanks for posting - planning to be there for this.  I'm also curious about the line-up for the other shows.  Lots to choose from.  

5 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Where r u guys going for the line-ups and info?  And thanks for posting - planning to be there for this.  I'm also curious about the line-up for the other shows.  Lots to choose from.  

Twitter mostly, but wXw has all of their line-ups on their website, too. The line-up for Ambition 11 the day before looks great, too.

http://www.wxw-wrestling.com/pages/posts/ambition-11-6114.php

http://www.wxw-wrestling.com/pages/posts/wxw-toronto-6113.php

• Like 1

Smash also has a show on August 9 that has WALTER and Sekimoto teaming against Tarik and Brent Banks (also has Lufisto/Jordynne Grace which should be fun). That's the show I was going to hit up as WXW's 4 pm bell time is a little tough for me to get to but will WALTER and Daisuke even make it to the second show intact? I might have to go to both.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Like 1

The Scenic City Intervational is next Friday and saturday in Chattanooga. The field this year is pretty good mix of local guys and bigger names:

B-Boy

JD Drake

Anthony Henry

Slim J

Tony deppen

Marko Stunt

Jaden Newman

O'shay Edwards

Nick Iggy

Daniel Makabe

AC Mack

Matt Tremont

Kevin Ku

Brett Ison

Billy Buck

Plus an appearance by Mike Quackenbush. For the first time this year, all the shows will be streamed live on IWTV. It should be a good weekend of shows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Smash also has a show on August 9 that has WALTER and Sekimoto teaming against Tarik and Brent Banks (also has Lufisto/Jordynne Grace which should be fun). That's the show I was going to hit up as WXW's 4 pm bell time is a little tough for me to get to but will WALTER and Daisuke even make it to the second show intact? I might have to go to both.

So, wait which show has the WALTER-Sekimoto match?  Is that the evening show on the 9th?  That Friday 4pm bell time sounded perfect.  

2 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Wait, is Destroyer 666 NSBM?

"I'm not ashamed to be white" from "Australian and Anti-Christ" and the (removed from the lyric sheet) "can you see the swastikas turning" in "Unchain the Wolves" would still be mighty questionable even if KK Warslut hadn't walked directly up to the guys from Blasphemy and asked them "what's up with the n***er" (which earned him a well-deserved punch). So if they aren't explicitly Nazis they're racist assholes, which sucks because they are probably still one of the best metal bands going. I wouldn't know, unfortunately...

10 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

So, wait which show has the WALTER-Sekimoto match?  Is that the evening show on the 9th?  That Friday 4pm bell time sounded perfect.  

They face each other on the 4 pm show and tag up on the 8 pm show.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

The Scenic City Intervational is next Friday and saturday in Chattanooga. The field this year is pretty good mix of local guys and bigger names:

Hide contents

B-Boy

JD Drake

Anthony Henry

Slim J

Tony deppen

Marko Stunt

Jaden Newman

O'shay Edwards

Nick Iggy

Daniel Makabe

AC Mack

Matt Tremont

Kevin Ku

Brett Ison

Billy Buck

Plus an appearance by Mike Quackenbush. For the first time this year, all the shows will be streamed live on IWTV. It should be a good weekend of shows.

Nice to see O'Shay got out of Pro Wrestling EGO. It's an ok fed but O"shay is too good to be stuck working in front of 70 people every month.

8 hours ago, Godfrey said:

They face each other on the 4 pm show and tag up on the 8 pm show.

So stoked for afterwork Friday afternoon wrestling, and a pretty stellar card at that.  Anybody got any info on the other Smash co-promoted shows?  Most interested in that OWE mid-week show, but I'm really not up on Progress or much of any of these promotions.  

18 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Nice to see O'Shay got out of Pro Wrestling EGO. It's an ok fed but O"shay is too good to be stuck working in front of 70 people every month.

O'Shay actually relocated to Baltimore recently, and though I'm sad I don't get to work with him as much, I'm glad he took a chance to better his career.  You are right in that he is way too talented to be working outlaw mudshows.  One of my big regrets upon my exit from CWF is that I never got the footage of his match with Trevor Lee before I left.

Edited by RandomAct

3 hours ago, RandomAct said:

O'Shay actually relocated to Baltimore recently, and though I'm sad I don't get to work with him as much, I'm glad he took a chance to better his career.  You are right in that he is way too talented to be working outlaw mudshows.  One of my big regrets upon my exit from CWF is that I never got the footage of his match with Trevor Lee before I left.

Yea I had heard O'Shay moved. But it has been at least 16 months since he worked for EGO. Kept hearing O'Shay was in the ROH Dojo.