DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Artemis Spencer is BOLA entrant #3

I've known Arty since he started, as he was the ringer in my training class 17 years ago; he had just graduated as I was starting. For years he was "too small" and never got a chance; I'm thrilled he's getting an opportunity to shine in the U.S. and abroad as he's easily one of the 3-4 best workers in all of Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest.

• Like 2

This GCW Backyard Wrestling show is everything I thought I would be and about 50 times more 

Cornette is going to get about 100 tweets today based on this show. 

If you remember the Jay vs Mark Briscoe match in Delaware many years ago that was basically a drunken backyard death match then you are going to love Logan Stunt vs Marko Stunt 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, hammerva said:

This GCW Backyard Wrestling show is everything I thought I would be and about 50 times more 

If you remember the Jay vs Mark Briscoe match in Delaware many years ago that was basically a drunken backyard death match then you are going to love Logan Stunt vs Marko Stunt 

Watching this now and cannot agree more. Loved Nick Gage being obviously drunk or high as hell and just rambling, hating on the ref all throughout the first match. I've skipped around a bit and watched the Janela/Ruckus match and it was everything I wanted. Favorite bit of commentary so far: "I was on a show with Joey Janela last night and he said he was going to drink the White Claw today and he is drinking the White Claw today. Man of his word." Nick Gage is a treasure. If I was still in college, I could see my friends and I getting drunk and spending the day watching this in a heart beat.

GCW is easily becoming what CZW was to me as a young teen. I also think I saw Necro Butcher in the crowd at one point. 

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, hammerva said:

Ugh, I wish people would stop giving him material.

Considering the Bucks and others made their name in PWG I never doubted for a bit that they'd be friendly.  And I can see some other AEW signees do BOLA which would be one last hurrah for them before the TV show starts.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Darby Allin has been announced for BOLA so that should clear up on if AEW and PWG are still gonna be friendly

First clue to that would probably have been Excalibur.

• Like 2

More interesting will be, if and for how much longer PWG will be able to use ROH talent.

The only reason they were allowed to do so (again) was, because the Young Bucks demanded it. Now they're gone and on top of that Excalibur is working for AEW.

Guest Edwin
3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ugh, I wish people would stop giving him material.

So you wish the likes of Joey Janela, Lio Rush, Joey Ryan, Priscilla Kelly among others retired?

Guest Edwin
2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No, I wish whomever shows this stuff to Cornette would stop. 

Why? Everyone has a right to voice their opinion even if we don't agree with it.

If you don't agree with it -- WNBB offers a good solution.

58 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Cornette's going to have a bug up his ass regardless of who shows him what. Doesn't take much to set off that hair trigger. Instead of wishing for his silence, just do yourself a favour and ignore it. 

I do it ignore it; I don't listen to his podcast.

Catching up on Uncharted Territory from Beyond Wrestling and man, Thomas Santell fucking rocks. I don't even recall his cup of coffee with WWE, but his current "George McFly meets Stu Hart" gimmick is great. 

Also Josh Briggs' injury was a blessing - dude developed a personality while on commentary and also learned to sell when back in the ring. So much better now.

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No, I wish whomever shows this stuff to Cornette would stop. 

Man is Review of DoN was some of the funniest shit I heard in a long time. I dont agree with everything he said but I feel like he's pretty much got to stick to the gimmick of ripping on the new school. Plus I feel like if he hated the new school so much, he wouldn't be working will MLW. It's not like he dont make valid points

26 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Man is Review of DoN was some of the funniest shit I heard in a long time. I dont agree with everything he said but I feel like he's pretty much got to stick to the gimmick of ripping on the new school. Plus I feel like if he hated the new school so much, he wouldn't be working will MLW. It's not like he dont make valid points

He's a fucking carny. Part of his gimmick is fake and was exposed by the Bucks years ago. Also when he shat on Lucha Underground without even watching a show, he watched a highlight package instead and faked it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Z said:

More interesting will be, if and for how much longer PWG will be able to use ROH talent.

What talent???

Also anyone know where I can find a list of shows taking place SS weekend in Toronto, particularly Friday night? I really don't feel like paying $40 US to see ROH unless they bring in someone special from Japan or Mexico.

Edited by sabremike

Dragon Lee vs Laredo Kid was really fun and the crowd was hot. Dragon won with a roll up in about 12 minutes. After they exchanged heated promos in Spanish, dude next to me said they pretty much said let’s have a rematch in the same place (plus profanities). Fun stuff. 

Edited by matt925

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

What talent???

Well, at the moment they still have four talents in my opinion, Bandido, Jeff Cobb, Marty Scurll and Mark Haskins.

Of course I expect all of them to be gone sooner rather than later.