DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

I am more excited than I probably should be that the next Crab Wrestling show at the Ox Old Brewery in August will have Cheeseburger on it.    Another sign that ROH is in trouble when guys like Cheeseburger are doing indies shows now

Really fun show tonight at the brewery.  Logan Easton Laroux beat Isiah Frazier for the CRAB heavyweight title.  Between this and the Prime Time Pro shows in DC, the DMV is in good shape when it goes to indie wrestling

So I finally got around to catching Orange Cassidy's match against David Starr.  And wouldn't you know it he's actually pretty darn good.  He's still a one-dimensional gimmick but being able to see he has the ability to kick it into gear when it counts does help a lot.  I still won't say he's one of my favorites but I do feel more compelled to find similar matches to this.

• Like 1

On June 7, 2019 at 7:08 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So well done and that goes for the video and this epic story these two have told over time. I am a complete sucker for this kind of thing.

I also enjoyed Zack Gibson taking the piss out of OTT's videos when he, Sha Samuals and Charlie Sterling proceeded to tag in and out doing nothing but chinlocks. "Go on Ryan put this in the pouring rain with some music behind it!" 

• Haha 2

If the AEW guys are supposed to be full time there after the TV starts in Autumn, how does that affect Janela's Spring Break series? Does it continue on as normal with GCW, or become and AEW show? Or disappear (hopefully not)?

Here's the card for PWG's 16th anniversary show on July 26th. This looks like a show I need to see.

PWG Tag Team Champions The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz) defending against LAX (Santana & Ortiz) in a ladder match

Brody King vs. David Starr

Jungle Boy vs. Joey Janela

Black Taurus, Laredo Kid & Puma King vs. Bandido, Flamita & Rey Horus

MJF vs. Darby Allin

The Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson) vs. Best Friends (Trent Barreta & Chuck Taylor)

Flip Gordon vs. Trey Miguel

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1

Just a heads up to UK folks, but Showcase (Sky channel 192) has teamed up with Fight Network so is regularly showing a ton of random indie promotions including Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, PCW, Capitol and a whole lot more.

Only stumbled across it last night so don't know how long its been running

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm definitely not sitting through a normal SWF show just to see Joey Janela against a 75 year old man.

You don’t want to see the two geniuses that came up with the tag team “Smokin Budz”? 

Although “psycho medic” intrigues me I already know it is none of the terrible shit I fantasy book in my head when I hear the name. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Zartan said:

You don’t want to see the two geniuses that came up with the tag team “Smokin Budz”? 

Although “psycho medic” intrigues me I already know it is none of the terrible shit I fantasy book in my head when I hear the name. 

The promotion GCW is presumably partnering with is SWF - one of their top guys is a dude named Larry Cooter.

Allie Kat announced on Twitter that after she finishes up her remaining bookings, she is stepping away from wrestling at least for the short term as she said she needs to "focus on getting my life settled and together and put myself first."

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Allie Kat announced on Twitter that after she finishes up her remaining bookings, she is stepping away from wrestling at least for the short term as she said she needs to "focus on getting my life settled and together and put myself first."

I really like this trend of indy wrestlers looking out for themselves when it comes to their personal lives and mental health. I like what I've seen out of her and hope it's nothing serious, and I'm glad she's prioritizing her non-wrestling life.

19 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

How tall is the Beyond ring? I understand that some Indie wrestlers are very undersized. But dammit, those ropes tower these guys. The AEW ring doesn’t look this tall, and WCW’s Cruiserweights never looked this short in their rings.

Watching Uncharted Territory right now and having been to a couple of their shows, I've never really noticed their ropes being especially high. Definitely a lot of short dudes though. I'm 5'7 on a good day and have had nearly eye-to-eye chit chat with a LOT of wrestlers. 

Speak of Beyond and UT, man does Josh Briggs actually show personality on commentary, goes totally against his I'M SO SERIOUS AND INTENSE ring persona.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wish it could have been Nana, Jimmy Rave, and Alex Shelley.

Don't blame Nana: he raised taxes but it just didn't bring in enough revenue to get Shelley. 

• Haha 1