DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This week's has The Dynasty vs. the Hart Foundation in a six man elimination tables match.

I'll be watching that tomorrow night if the exercise continues to be nice and boring.  Task Org night always gives me time to catch up on my reading and YouTubing.

All hell breaks lose once Soldiers start pounding on keyboards in the sim after training goes live..

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I'll be watching that tomorrow night if the exercise continues to be nice and boring.  Task Org night always gives me time to catch up on my reading and YouTubing.

All hell breaks lose once Soldiers start pounding on keyboards in the sim after training goes live..

Better than the TARP training I am doing tonight. 

• Haha 1

• I take back the bad things I have said about Richard Holiday.  He is the MVP of that opening segment.
  • MLW is creating an Openweight Title for their mid card.  NEVER and X-Division both say, "Hello!"  I have an Idea, why don't you make Teddy Hart defend the Middleweight championship more often instead of cluttering your fed with title belts... oh... right... the feud with The Dynasty or something.
  • I think I weighed more than Jordan Oliver when I was his age.  Could I bump like a freak for Kotto Brazil?  Probably not.  I certainly did not have his bird chest, though.  Boy, he is scrawny, but I'll bet he eats like a horse..  Who worked their injury gimmick longer?  Kotto Brazil or Iron Mike Sharpe?  Only in pro wrestling can you reason a way to clear a man to compete in a match despite only having one good eye.  Oh, here comes Selina and Ricky Martinez.  Will Kotto Brazil be in the mix with Warner / Callahan vs. Promociones Dorado given the finish of this match?
  • Robert Dreissker is the #1 German pro wrassler?  I thought that was WALTER.  Dudes aren't even German.  They're both from Austria.  Same thing, I guess.
  • It is telling that the Dynasty ambush Pillman Jr. backstage and try to cripple him yet none of the baby faces in the area lifts a finger to help.  Fucking Ace Romero is right THERE~!  No one buys Pillman Jr. as a face, not even the guys in the back.
  • Hey, it's Ace Austin from IMPACT rocking the Gambler 2.0 gimmick as always!  He's working Rey Horus so this should be pretty fast paced.... or not, but I am still digging the mental chess game going on here and both guys are getting their spots in.  Austin earns cheap heat by going after Horus's mask.  Holy shit, Horus's finisher is fucking nasty.  RIP Ace Austin's neck vertebrae.
  • So Dynasty vs. Hart Foundation is two on three for this main event and it's a Tables Match.  Fuck...  For a Tables Match, this fucking thing is shockingly devoid of tables.  DUELING DELAYED VERTICAL SUPLEXES~!  FUCK YEAH~!  Teddy Hart is not my favorite dude, but that dislocated shoulder looks legit... Well, here comes Pillman and now we have a six-man consisting of three guys with arm and / or shoulder injuries vs. three guys getting their asses beat by three guys with arm and / or shoulder injuries.  MJF eats the super assisted Doomsday Destroyer and there are two guys in that mix who shouldn't even be able to lift more than five pounds.  What the fuck, MLW?  Pillman and Hart have obviously abandoned all selling here at the go home moment in this contest.... White Tape Is Magical And Heals All Wounds....   This is becoming indyriffic in the worst kind of way. But, a reversal of fortune and finally someone has the good taste to put someone through a table and end my suffering.  Dynasty wins.  In the name of the feud going forward quid pro quo to a PPV blow-off match, the right team went over, but MJF, Holliday and Hammerstone can't really be happy with booking that saw them getting clowned for a large part of that match.   Yeah..  Last week's main event shits on this one from a great height. 
  • Overall, a decent show but the main event was hella overbooked on nearly all fronts save the gimmick stipulation.  How the fuck can you have a Tables Match and only use one fucking table?.  At the end of the match, no less.. You should at least tease several tables even though you're only going to break one or at least have the faces put one of the heels through a table out of sight of the ref for the sake of driving the crowd bonkers with rage.  See?  And all this time you thought that hardcore matches and garbage brawls had zero psychology... 
  • I cannot say I am looking forward to the Selina De La Renta booking next week, but I will check it out to see what gives with the Low Ki diss angle.
Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want to see a one on one HOSS FIGHT between Alexander Hammerstone and Davey Boy Smith, Jr.

I also want to see this match-up.  I'm surprised it hasn't been booked yet. 

Pillman Jr. is taking most of the HF assbeatings in this feud, not that I'm complaining....

Edited by J.T.

Just now, J.T. said:

I also want to see this match-up.  I'm surprised it hasn't been booked yet. 

Pillman Jr. is taking most of the HF assbeatings in this feud, not that I'm complaining....

I feel like Teddy isn't taking enough ass beatings. I get it, he's a double champion, so you have to protect him.

You know who I'd like to see in MLW? Lance Archer. He'd be great as a secret weapon for the Hart Foundation to give them the edge over the Dynasty. With DBS, Jr. being in the States right now, Archer hasn't been on any shows since the New Japan Cup. You'd think he would have at least made it into the Honor Rumble at the G1. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel like Teddy isn't taking enough ass beatings. I get it, he's a double champion, so you have to protect him.

You know who I'd like to see in MLW? Lance Archer. He'd be great as a secret weapon for the Hart Foundation to give them the edge over the Dynasty. With DBS, Jr. being in the States right now, Archer hasn't been on any shows since the New Japan Cup. You'd think he would have at least made it into the Honor Rumble at the G1. 

Either Lance, Jack Evans, or "M-Dogg 20" Matt Cross / Son of Havoc would be decent stealth additions to the stable as they all have ties to current members.

Thinking about potentially new HF members just makes me sad because it reminds me that Tyson Kidd is permanently on the shelf.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Either Lance, Jack Evans, or "M-Dogg 20" Matt Cross / Son of Havoc would be decent stealth additions to the stable as they all have ties to current members.

Thinking about potentially new HF members just makes me sad because it reminds me that Tyson Kidd is permanently on the shelf.

I was so disappointed Jack Evans wasn't at United We Stand, like advertised. He was one of the main reasons I went. He wasn't on any of the Mania weekend shows, not even the Greatest Clusterfuck on JJSB night 2.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:
  • I think I weighed more than Jordan Oliver when I was his age.  Could I bump like a freak for Kotto Brazil?  Probably not.  I certainly did not have his bird chest, though.  Boy, he is scrawny, but I'll bet he eats like a horse..  Who worked their injury gimmick longer?  Kotto Brazil or Iron Mike Sharpe?  Only in pro wrestling can you reason a way to clear a man to compete in a match despite only having one good eye.  Oh, here comes Selina and Ricky Martinez.  Will Kotto Brazil be in the mix with Warner / Callahan vs. Promociones Dorado given the finish of this match?

This guy has the most punchable face in professional wrestling today and it's not even close.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Vince and Shane McMahon say, "Don't forget about us.".

I don't look at the McMahons and imagine what it would be like to hit them in the face repeatedly with a sock full of nickels like I do with this Oliver kid. 

Enzo? Perhaps. But I still give the edge to Oliver.

20 minutes ago, Peck said:

I don't look at the McMahons and imagine what it would be like to hit them in the face repeatedly with a sock full of nickels like I do with this Oliver kid. 

Enzo? Perhaps. But I still give the edge to Oliver.

I have a soft spot for Oliver because he reminds me of Jack Evans.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Neil1113 said:

Definitely understandable haha. I was under the impression you were the booker for BigWestWrestling, that's why I said that. ? But you're absolutely correct, and that's actually a really smart way to look at it!

I do run Big West Wrestling: Thrash Wrestling is the company that brought in Silas. They basically run all around me in the Okanagan, while I'm down in King's Landing...erm, I mean, Kelowna, all by myself.

The dueling stalling suplex spot on MLW was my favorite thing in wrestling this week.  

WWF missed a trick by not having Davey Boy Sr & Warlord do this with 2 jobbers for like a whole episode of Superstars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

The dueling stalling suplex spot on MLW was my favorite thing in wrestling this week.  

WWF missed a trick by not having Davey Boy Sr & Warlord do this with 2 jobbers for like a whole episode of Superstars.

There was plenty of time to fit that in since they feuded for about a year.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 7:18 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Archer's busy hawking tickets for NJPW's TX show.

• MLW is a Muy Especial Promocionas Dorado edition complete with reggaeton opening theme!  So far, so good.
  • The table is set for the Low-Ki face turn tease.  Salina continues to brush off Ki who in the usual manner, is taking himself far too seriously.
  • Salina De La Renta flubs a lot of her lines, but at least she has the good taste not to improvise.  Stick the script, my dear.
  • Low-Ki vs. Daga is the curtain jerker?  Alas how the mighty have fallen.  Sami is barred from the venue?  What?  Anyway, Daga has nice worked punches and I am pretty impressed by the amount of offense that Low-Ki eats in the opening part of this match.  He is actually bothering to halfway sell someone else's strikes for a change.  I normally love Low-Ki's heel moves 4 u, but if he is concerned about Daga's mobility why doesn't he continue to work on the leg?  Daga counters with a pair of Dragon Screw Leg Whips so at least someone is concerned about someone's mobility in this match..  A couple of teased Warrior's Ways and then Low-Ki steals it at the end.  Daga could've used that win, but I can see the logic in putting Low-Ki over since he's already dropped two high-profile matches in a row to Tom Lawlor.
  • MLW National Openweight Championship bracketology.  I smell yet another Dynasty vs. Hart Foundation showdown that will probably result in yet another title being embedded in a stable that haven't really defended any of the gold in their possession.
  • Sami strikes!  Too bad that Kotto Brazil couldn't get a piece of the Ricky Martinez beat down.
  • I will pull for PARK Jr. over the drill rap-less Chi native, Gringo Loco, who still cannot properly rep his hood, but given the NO Title bracketology, it is probably a hope in vain.  I can't believe Gringo Loco will drop one in the middle of a push towards a championship tournament... Starts off slow but evolves into spirited contest.  And well fuck. I was wrong.  El Hijo del LA PARK wins legit.  Very surprising.
  • I love Jacob Fatu.  CONRA is selling the shit out of his pending match against Barrington Hughes.  Will Jacob be able to carry Hughes's blubbery frame to a decent match?  These questions need excellent answers.
  • Main Event is LA PARK vs Pentagon Jr.  LA PARK makes the veteran move of meeting Pentagoncito on the fucking ramp to deliver an assbeating.  Preemptive strikes, daddy.  I like how the announce team brings up the notion that PARK Sr. has taken the angry elder statesman route that Jushin Liger did.  The offense doesn't have as many Phoenix Splashes as it used to thanks to old man knees, but PARK the Elder is still putting dudes in the dirt.  I joke about  LA PARK's degraded flight ability too soon as he breaks out the sweetest fat luchadore tope I have seen in ages! These guys are really beating the shit out of each other for Cinco Del Mayo weekend!   Will Promocionas Dorado go three for three tonight?  Well, fuck.  They sure did.  Nothing much comes of the Sami Stalks Backstage angle as Mance Warner is in the Abdullah The Butcher gift box at ringside.  Salina needs to do a better job at rehearsing her dialogue if she going to insist on talking for more than two minutes at a time.
  • Not a bad show overall.  I thought I would hate the PD shameless self promotion show, but I did not.
Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2