DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Just caught up with MLW Battle Riot 2, worth it just to see Dan Severn on TV.  Was a well booked match right up until the end, the winner done nothing for me. 

Contra Unit are easily the best thing on MLW at the moment, closely followed by Mance Warner.  Pretty great stuff all around.

I also loved Cornette having to commentate on a Jimmy Havoc deathmatch!

• Like 2

Cornette losing his mind was great. You could feel pieces of him dying inside.

To echo @Ultimo Necro's sentiment, Contra Unit and Mance Warner are the best things going in MLW with MJF not too far behind.

Jacob Fatu really should have won Battle Riot to further the Contra vs. Tom Lawlor angle.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Yeah I was a little underwhelmed by the winner as well. Still it was a pretty fun match. Contra Unit stole the show. If MLW is smart they've alreqdy got all 3 of those guys locked up to exclusive contracts. 

I assume Lance Anoa'i is related to Roman somehow? Cousins?

19 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Yeah I was a little underwhelmed by the winner as well. Still it was a pretty fun match. Contra Unit stole the show. If MLW is smart they've alreqdy got all 3 of those guys locked up to exclusive contracts. 

I assume Lance Anoa'i is related to Roman somehow? Cousins?

Lance and Roman are cousins. I just looked up the Anoa'i family tree.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:59 PM, RIPPA said:

Hey @Nice Guy Eddie - Great Sasuke is gonna be in Atlantic City

I'm guessing this is a deathmatch tournament? Not my ideal way to see Sasuke but I gotta take my opportunity when it comes up, provided there are still tickets next payday. If anyone else from the board is going, let me know! 

33 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I'm guessing this is a deathmatch tournament? Not my ideal way to see Sasuke but I gotta take my opportunity when it comes up, provided there are still tickets next payday. If anyone else from the board is going, let me know! 

I'll take any opportunity I can get to see Sasuke, be it a deathmatch or not. June 1st? I don't see any reason not to go.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 7:25 PM, mattdangerously said:

Just go ahead and inject Ohno vs Jacob Fatu right into my fucking veins, Book.

I'm sad to report that there was very little Ohno vs Fatu violence in the No Limits match, though they did do quite a bit of double-teaming. I highly recommend checking this show out when the iPPV hits Fite. 

WrestleCircus announced their comeback show ("Encore").

• Sammy Guevara v Joey Janela

• Scorpio Sky v Dezmond Xavier

• Sami Callihan v JT Dunn

• Puma King v Jake Atlas

• Gentleman Jervis v Orange Cassidy

• Devilz (c) v Rascalz v Riegels

• McKenzie v Bates v Jaynes v Gracia

• Hoyt v Avalon v Delaney

OMG-OMG-OMG_c74c0.gif

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 11:31 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'll take any opportunity I can get to see Sasuke, be it a deathmatch or not. June 1st? I don't see any reason not to go.

I give you another reason to go

• Like 1

Since it is being done by former NOVA Pro folks (Coach Gator is the owner based on that article I posted) I assume a lot of familiar names will show up

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since we have talked about it on and off

Josh Alexander just announced on Twitter that he is accepting US bookings - so he apparently got a visa

And his bookings blew up like a mofo in less than 24 hours. Booked up solid until the fall, it seems.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since we have talked about it on and off

Josh Alexander just announced on Twitter that he is accepting US bookings - so he apparently got a visa

Good for Josh. I got to see him and Pete Dunne have one hell of a match and he more than held his own. 

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Meltzing Pot said:

What's a good entry point into watching the MLW reboot? Starting from the beginning feels daunting. 

I'd start with last year's Battle Riot. You get Tom Lawlor's road to the title. You get PCO matches before he left for ROH. Same with Brody King. You get War Games. You get some Shane Strickland. You get Sami Callihan, the birth of the new Hart Foundation, the Lucha Bros.

They're doing so much good stuff now with Contra Unit, Mance Warner, Hart Foundation/Dynasty feud, Tom Lawlor, Promociones Dorado, etc.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1