DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Guest Edwin
On 3/20/2019 at 3:10 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My answer is always root against Teddy Hart.

Don't listen to NGE. Always (ALWAYS) root for Teddy. HE DOES IT FOR THE FANS!

4 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I was thinking the same thing. Is Jungle Boy still their Junior Heavyweight champ?

Yes. That said he didn't wrestle at the most recent Revolution lucha show (the one with Jun Akiyama) that he was previously announced for. Presuming that was something he un-booked himself for due to his father's passing. 

Yes, he's the Jr Champ, yes he's announced vs. Alverez, but with his father's passing, who knows. 

Last week's ep of MLW is up.

• The Teddy Hart arrest vignette is fucking hilarious.  I'M NOT RESISTING, OFFICER~!
  • I like Gringo Loco, but I still cannot get down with a guy from Chicago coming out to West Coast hip hop.  Rep where you're from, man. 
  • Myron Reed vs. GL was a perfectly fine indy match, but it did feel like a match where seven to eight minutes would've been ideal and ten minutes was just too long.  Myron Reed beating down the ref at the end of the match telegraphs the Rich Swann / Myron Reed tag team that is bound to form up soon.
  • Since I am an Army employee, I dig that CONTRA is an acronysm albeit a silly one.  YOU CANNOT BURN A KINGDOM MADE OF FIRE~!!!  Jacob Fatu is a fucking star on the rise.
  • The Dynasty vs. NHF really is a battle of who is the more loathsome stable.  The Dynasty's entitled rick kid gimmick reeks of cheap heat so I will pull for NHF, although it does feel unnatural to seer Pillman Jr. work as a fiery baby face.  I am not terribly fond of Hammestone as a worker, but he's a good addition to the Dynasty as he's obviously there as the power guy to counter NHF's power guy, Davey Boy Smith Jr.
  • LA Park vs. Mance Warner was a fun garbage match.  One of the replays cuts away from a heavy spot, so production crew needs to get their shit together,.
Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Last week's ep of MLW is up.

• The Teddy Hart arrest vignette is fucking hilarious.  I'M NOT RESISTING, OFFICER~!
  • I like Gringo Loco, but I still cannot get down with a guy from Chicago coming out to West Coast hip hop.  Rep where you're from, man. 
  • Myron Reed vs. GL was a perfectly fine indy match, but it did feel like a match where seven to eight minutes would've been ideal and ten minutes was just too long.  Myron Reed beating down the ref at the end of the match telegraphs the Rich Swann / Myron Reed tag team that is bound to form up soon.
  • Since I am an Army employee, I dig that CONTRA is an acronysm albeit a silly one.  YOU CANNOT BURN A KINGDOM MADE OF FIRE~!!!  Jacob Fatu is a fucking star on the rise.
  • The Dynasty vs. NHF really is a battle of who is the more loathsome stable.  The Dynasty's entitled rick kid gimmick reeks of cheap heat so I will pull for NHF, although it does feel unnatural to seer Pillman Jr. work as a fiery baby face.  I am not terribly fond of Hammestone as a worker, but he's a good addition to the Dynasty as he's obviously there as the power guy to counter NHF's power guy, Davey Boy Smith Jr.
  • LA Park vs. Mance Warner was a fun garbage match.  One of the replays cuts away from a heavy spot, so production crew needs to get their shit together,.

Reed came out with tape over his mouth that said Free Swann, and it was acknowledged by Cornette and Rich Boccini, so that pretty much told us we were going to get a Swann/Reed alliance. 

I like watching Swann as a face in Impact and a heel in MLW.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Reed came out with tape over his mouth that said Free Swann, and it was acknowledged by Cornette and Rich Boccini, so that pretty much told us we were going to get a Swann/Reed alliance. 

I like watching Swann as a face in Impact and a heel in MLW.

Shane Strickland was working the same THE MAN IS HOLDING ME DOWN~! gimmick right before he bounced from MLW following his title challenge to Low-Ki.

I am not sure how much traction the team will get though. I think they will get lost in the sauce as there are at least two teams (Almighty Sheik / Jacob Fatu or LA Park & Son) that I'd rather see with the MLW tag belts and the tag belts are tied up in the Dynasty / NHF feud right now. 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Shane Strickland was working the same THE MAN IS HOLDING ME DOWN~! gimmick right before he bounced from MLW following his title challenge to Low-Ki.

I am not sure how much traction the team will get though. I think they will get lost in the sauce as there are at least two teams (Almighty Sheik / Jacob Fatu or LA Park & Son) that I'd rather see with the MLW tag belts and the tag belts are tied up in the Dynasty / NHF feud right now.

Plus, you have to figure Penta and Fenix will be back in the tag title picture sooner than later.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Plus, you have to figure Penta and Fenix will be back in the tag title picture sooner than later.

If MLW expects me to keep watching, it'd better be sooner.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

That Teddy Hart segment was glorious. Run a poll right now for GOAT and I'll vote for Teddy and sign up with different accounts and continue to vote for Teddy. What a legend!

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, mattdangerously said:

Pillman was funny as hell. "Teddy! Teddy! Why is he being arrested!?" Um, because he's Teddy Hart, dude.

The best part is when Teddy openly threatens MJF in front of the offscreen cops.  Uh, if you needed a real reason to arrest him,. there it is.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

I don't know who would want to attack a salt of the earth person like MJF anyway.

Since MLW has a working relationship with AAA, I'd like to see Jack Evans brought into the Hart Foundation to give them the numbers edge, given Evans relationship with the Hart family.

Evans being on the card was a factor in me deciding to get a ticket for United We Stand.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't know who would want to attack a salt of the earth person like MJF anyway.

I was also thinking that even if Teddy was being framed, his fucking fingerprints are still there on the brick used to break the window on MJF's car and how in the fuck did the brick end up in his hands in the first place?

I guess the rumors of workers having a thing for true crime shows and being fascinated with ID Channel was not true, since Teddy is not smart enough to avoid tampering with the evidence chain.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I was also thinking that even if Teddy was being framed. his fucking fingerprints are still there on the brick used to break the window on MJF's car and how in the fuck did the brick end up in his hands in the first place?

I guess the rumors of workers having a thing for true crime shows and being fascinated with ID Channel was not true, since Teddy is not smart enough to avoid tampering with the evidence chain.

I think Teddy was hoping it was a brick of coke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Teddy was hoping it was a brick of coke.

That's the funny thing.  That brick had a shit ton of dust on it.  It really did look like a gigantic amount of cocaine.

No lie.  When I first watched the vignette, it looked like Teddy was trying to get Davey Boy Jr. to hide his weekend kilo and drug buy money from the cops before he surrendered to the police.

"I can't get caught with this, Davey.  You know I got warrants, man..."

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Amazing Red announced he is retiring (due to the usual litany of injuries)

Take with a grain of salt just because a) the date and b) wrestling but his fellow wrestlers are treating it as real

He says he will still be teaching at the HOG school

When he started by saying he intended to share this earlier but something came up I saw that as being real.  Really enjoyed his stuff in TNA and the other few times I've seen him outside of it.  But if he's got a good thing going with the school then he's thankfully got that to fall back on.

• Like 1

Hasn't Red had several retirements already? He was one of the people that got me re-interested in wrestling after WCW and ECW went kaput. The most recent matches of his I've seen have been pretty decent. Wasn't he rumored to have been on the list for potential CWC participants?

6 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Hasn't Red had several retirements already? He was one of the people that got me re-interested in wrestling after WCW and ECW went kaput. The most recent matches of his I've seen have been pretty decent. Wasn't he rumored to have been on the list for potential CWC participants?

Ironically at the start of the video he says "I was going to wait till after the CWC"

So I am wondering if he accidentally let slip that they are doing a CWC this year