DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

All this time Rosemary was trying to fix Allie and all she had to do was leave Impact?  Damn, that's some next-level healing powers.

The healing powers don't work in every case. 

Ex. EC3, Bobby Lashley

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guarantee you that most of these "concerned group of fans" don't even know where Ashburn is much less enough to do "damage" at a bar.  Like seriously it one show that maybe 50 people will end up going to because of his reputation (and it was a small building).   This isn't 1996 for fuck sakes

And of course the first response was he is lying to garner sympathy (Casey who runs Squared Circle Sirens was another voice in the "its legit camp" citing that Mike had received a letter from the VA commission about it)

Side note - I ended up not buying a ticket for exactly this sort of reason as I figured it was gonna end up a super awkward show.

They had sold out but I think some of the might have been people looking to get attention for themselves

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

I guarantee you that most of these "concerned group of fans" don't even know where Ashburn is much less enough to do "damage" at a bar.  Like seriously it one show that maybe 50 people will end up going to because of his reputation (and it was a small building).   This isn't 1996 for fuck sakes

Whatever the original Tweet graphic was seems to have been taken down or set private. Is this another Nova Pro thing?

10 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Whatever the original Tweet graphic was seems to have been taken down or set private. Is this another Nova Pro thing?

Yeah he has been on a make my accounts private thing for a while.  Or he took it down

Edited by hammerva

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And of course the first response was he is lying to garner sympathy (Casey who runs Squared Circle Sirens was another voice in the "its legit camp" citing that Mike had received a letter from the VA commission about it)

Side note - I ended up not buying a ticket for exactly this sort of reason as I figured it was gonna end up a super awkward show.

They had sold out but I think some of the might have been people looking to get attention for themselves

I'm trying to find what's going on with this and whatever the tweet was without much luck.  What happened?

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm trying to find what's going on with this and whatever the tweet was without much luck.  What happened?

Poking around, it seems that the final Nova Pro show scheduled for March 30th is cancelled now too. They apparently put up a post claiming that the venue hosting the show received threatening phone calls and vandalism threats. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Poking around, it seems that the final Nova Pro show scheduled for March 30th is cancelled now too. They apparently put up a post claiming that the venue hosting the show received threatening phone calls and vandalism threats. 

That's a shame.  Even with all the shit that went down I was curious about going to see a show inside a brewery (assuming that's where it was supposed to be).  But I'm not fully buying that claim unless the venue confirmed that's what happened.

And what's bad is this would almost seem salvageable if they got new management.  It seems like the shows themselves did well all things considered and if they had somebody worthwhile to run it then they'll be alright.  If not then that sucks for folks like Rippa who seemed to have a helluva time at their shows.

The Nova Pro situation is messed up, but since it looks like the GCW replacement show is shaping up to be mostly folks that already work GCW shows, I do honestly feel bad for the wrestlers that were booked to work that Mania weekend show that are losing a booking, especially one that might have seen them perform in front of new fans since the Otani/Gresham match was booked for that show. The folks that were already higher-profile indie names will be fine, but it would really be a class act gesture on the part of other promoters running that weekend to try to make room for the more fledgling talent scheduled to work that show. 

5 hours ago, BNosanchuk said:

What are the chances that some version of The Elite surprise shows up at the next APW Daly City/SF show that has SCU, Jungleboy, Shane Strictland, Brian Alverez and Filthy Tom on 3/30? 

I was thinking the same thing. Is Jungle Boy still their Junior Heavyweight champ?