DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, Marty Sugar said:

Jeff Jarrett tried that in Kelowna during the GFW era...but forgot to tell the kid they were going to sign and he didn't attend the seminar because the cost was $100 and he refused to pay it.

As for @RIPPA's comment about why I put up with it as a promoter...I'm almost done, TBH. Too much hassle for too little reward. I've busted my ass for 16 years in the ring, and over 10 years as a promoter, for minimal thanks...quite the opposite, sometimes. There has to be an end in sight, I'm just not sure exactly when that is. As a performer, I'm already looking at taking the entire summer off. As a promoter, my venue shuts down next week (lease taken over by a grow-op), and I've made no effort to find a new one yet.

We still love you, Marty.

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin
On 3/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

MLW Fusion is a must watch this week. Jacob Fatu and Josef Samael nearly started a riot. Think WCW-level of garbage throwing in the ring in a building that probably holds 4,000-5,000 people.

This is incredible.

MLW Fusion is a must watch this week. Jacob Fatu and Josef Samael nearly started a riot. Think WCW-level of garbage throwing in the ring in a building that probably holds 4,000-5,000 people.

Here is the episode in question.

I am digging the MCU Mandarin vibe I am getting from the CONTRA entrance package.  Nice theft and recycling of the Ten Rings emblem for their team logo.

Fatu is a star on the rise and that riot is the best carny thing I've seen in YEARS~!  Josef Samael channeling The Sheik by setting dudes on fire and jabbing them in the head with international objects is The Best!

CONTRA Unit is my new favorite heel stable by a million miles.  They are like The Embassy only much scarier.

Oh, and much love to the New Hart Foundation by invoking Freebird Rules for all of their Tag-Title defenses. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this Dynasty / NHF feud, though.  NHF feels more like a heel stable than they do a group of tweeners and the various members of newly formed Dynasty have either always worked heel or have recently gone rule breaker. 

Who do you pull for when bad guys fight each other?  You should want to see all of them get their asses beat.,

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I am digging the MCU Mandarin vibe I am getting from the CONTRA entrance package.  Nice theft and recycling of the Ten Rings emblem for their team logo.

Fatu is a star on the rise and that riot is the best carny thing I've seen in YEARS~!  Josef Samael channeling The Sheik by setting dudes on fire and jabbing them in the head with international objects is The Best!

CONTRA Unit is my new favorite heel stable by a million miles.  They are like The Embassy only much scarier.

Oh, and much love to the New Hart Foundation by invoking Freebird Rules for all of their Tag-Title defenses. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this Dynasty / NHF feud, though.  NHF feels more like a heel stable than they do a group of tweeners and the various members of newly formed Dynasty have either always worked heel or have recently gone rule breaker. 

Who do you pull for when bad guys fight each other?  You should want to see all of them get their asses beat.,

Oh wow, that’s how we get fans to throw stuff again at wrestlers.

• Like 1

Orange Cassidy: Man, Myth, or Legend?

Funny interviews with Chuck, Dan Barry, and Bryce Remsburg including this beaut' from Barry on how he first meet OC:

“It was Beyond wrestling. I saw this adorable man sitting in a chair. I walked over to introduce myself. I went to shake his hand and he didn’t move. He just sat there. I waved in front of his face, said hello, but nothing. So I said, “he must be sleeping” so I took his sunglasses off. His eyes were wide open. He had been staring at me the entire time.” — Dan Barry, one half of Team Tremendous and the pride of OTT.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My answer is always root against Teddy Hart.

• Like 1

Its looking like Impact is gonna let folks work AEW (or vice versa)

Like Austin Aries is supposed to be at these tapings and I know he was announced for the Battle Royal

• Like 1

Fans of bad wordplay, AEW has something for you!

Nice job protecting the gimmick, lads. She still has no soul and is possessed by evil spirits right now. She won't be smiling in pictures and dressing like an Easter egg for at least another few weeks.

• Like 2