DVDVR Message Board

2019 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

On 1/22/2019 at 12:18 PM, J.T. said:

Promociones Dorado (Low Ki / LA Park / Ricky Martinez) vs. Hart Foundation would be awesome if all of those guys weren't working heel.

Given Teddy's history against the Rottweilers, the heel/face dynamic wouldn't really matter as long as they bring the chaos they usually do to their matches.

19 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Will the NXT guys' matches be aired on WXW Now?

I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I would assume so. Unless this long-rumored move of wXw, PROGRESS and ICW to the WWE Network happens before then.

Ambition last year wasn't much fun. Matches were way too short and guys really struggled to mix pro wrestling with the worked shoot stuff though it wasn't all bad. Thatcher and Ishikawa won't have that issue, obviously.

I have the same issue as you with Ambition. I like the shoot style generally, but the Ambition matches are always only around 4-5 minutes long, so they never venture into anything special. Since Ishikawa/Thatcher is happening as a superfight and not as part of the tournament, I hope they are given a bit more time, though. I'm curious about Ambition anyways, they haven't announced any participants for the tournament at all so far.

I’m going to a McAloon productions show in Atlanta Friday. They’re having a couple shows here to coincide with super bowl weekend, but the headliners are Mil Muertes, the SCU guys, Lucha brothers, mjf, ken shamrock. Sounds like it’s gonna be awesome. Wifey got me tix as an early birthday present. 

• Like 1

Took a short break from my more aggressive video-editing schedule this year; I'm also wrestling nearly every weekend so far in this early part of 2019 (and working long-ass days at my new job), so finding the time has been a bit of a stretch....

WOW 4.05
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: January 28, 2019

On this episode:
** FOR THE BIG WEST TELEVISION TITLE: Shreddz (c) vs. Don Hellion (July 14, 2017)
** INTERGENDER TAG MATCH: Angelica & Sydney Steele vs. Marty Sugar & Scarlett Black (March 9, 2018)
** Matt XStatic vs. Sean Gaston (March 16, 2018)

• Like 2

PWG's Card for Two Hundred

Jeff Cobb vs. Bandido for the PWG title
LAX vs. Lucha Brothers vs. The Rascalz for the PWG tag team titles
Jonathan Gresham vs. David Starr
Brody King vs. Darby Allin
Aussie Open vs. Best Friends
Laredo Kid vs. Puma King
Trey Miguel vs. Jake Atlas vs. Jungle Boy

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:46 AM, Hail Sabin said:

Man that finish to Sami vs. LA Park from MLW this week had to suck with those hard ass chairs. 

Yeah, kudos to Sami for taking that bump.  I wouldn't have done that shit.

There is not enough love for the possible formation of the super-heavyweight tag-team of Barrington Hughes and Ace Romero.

If they become a unit, the smaller man of that team will weigh four hundred mother fucking pounds.

I am thinking that if they book The Hart Foundation to beat the Lucha Brothers for the MLW tag belts at Superfight, Hughes / Romero will be hot shot into an angle with the Hart Foundation.

Here is the vid with the entire card for MLW: Superfight. 

BeIN Sports will show the card for free on Saturday, Feb 2 starting @ 8:00PM EDT / 5:00PM PDT.

12 hours ago, just drew said:

I’m going to a McAloon productions show in Atlanta Friday. They’re having a couple shows here to coincide with super bowl weekend, but the headliners are Mil Muertes, the SCU guys, Lucha brothers, mjf, ken shamrock. Sounds like it’s gonna be awesome. Wifey got me tix as an early birthday present. 

Cody was tweeting asking about where exactly one of those shows is, so you might possibly be getting the next Elite surprise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:11 AM, just drew said:

Also,

Spoiler

DyAzeTmU8AEF1To.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The Beyond twitter account replied saying it was a simple leg drop gone wrong.

Thanks for the correction. Had seen a few posts early after the I injury announcement, but missed Beyond clarifying. 

Either way, that sounds like an incredibly painful set of injuries to suffer and I wish him a speedy recovery.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I might be the only person who cares about Faye Jackson is getting a shot in WXW

And even better - the match is Faye vs. Toni Storm vs Killer Kelly

Damn, last I saw from Faye was when she was in ROH for a short while.  Not sure how she's been recently though.  I'm hoping she's improved enough to hold her own against Toni and Kelly though.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:46 PM, BEN! said:

Also,

Hide contents

DyAzeTmU8AEF1To.jpg

So, the show was LIT. But, one of my favorite parts was Tony Schiavone doing guest ring announcing for one match. I'll give you a wild guess who was involved in it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, just drew said:

So, the show was LIT. But, one of my favorite parts was Tony Schiavone doing guest ring announcing for one match. I'll give you a wild guess who was involved in it...

SCU?

58 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

SCU?

They were there too. But hearing Tony Schiavone yell "The Yet-Tay!" live was oddly fulfilling. It was a hell of a show, too. Thunder Rosa is very, very good. Joey Ryan has his schtick down to a science. Lucha Bros were breathtaking live. Got to meet them, Mil Muertes and Ken Shamrock. Mil was cool as fuck. Could not have been cooler. The Elite did their run-in. Adam Page is not 6'4, because I'm not 6'4 and I'm easily taller than him. 

• Like 2

MLW: Superfight is tonight.

Unfortunately I'm at my 'rents with my kid and looking after my mom and they have Xfinity and beIN Sports fell out with Comcast last year over some fee bullshit..