DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

16 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

It worked for Maven all those years later. 

Did it tho? Those chairshots he took in retaliation were disgusting and it didn't exactly launch his career. In hindsight, I may have chosen doing the IRS but jumping over the top.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Did it tho? Those chairshots he took in retaliation were disgusting and it didn't exactly launch his career. In hindsight, I may have chosen doing the IRS but jumping over the top.

Why expend the extra energy and jump over the top? Either way, IRS would have had to get back in the ring unless he took a countout loss, which would have been the smartest thing to do. 

It still chaps my ass to this day.  But when they did the recap on Superstars the following weekend after RR92.  They changed to audio of the crowd reaction to cheer Hogan when it was clear to anyone who saw it live knew they shit on him.  Monsoon even re-recorded his commentary to try and steer Hogan towards sympathetic.  I was furious. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, Edwin said:

B4yF0hE.gif

Jacobs always did die for the Shellshock. Shelley hasn't used it since 2008, so him passing it on to Jay White in theory is a good storyline. Also, the whole being retired thing.

47 minutes ago, D.Z said:

8JM9Bfy.gif

That's actually incredibly well worked. I forgot about that match and had visions of him just outright punching him in the cheek, not sliding his forearm across it.

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Insert your own storyline here

I assume the joke has another level because of Sonya being an out Lesbian. And now all this does is remind me Dana's significant other, Dallas McCarver, died in 2017.

On 1/27/2019 at 8:42 AM, Brandon Bones said:

It still chaps my ass to this day.  But when they did the recap on Superstars the following weekend after RR92.  They changed to audio of the crowd reaction to cheer Hogan when it was clear to anyone who saw it live knew they shit on him.  Monsoon even re-recorded his commentary to try and steer Hogan towards sympathetic.  I was furious. 

Me too. I was the BIGGEST Hulkamaniac at the time (I was 10), and was looking forward to a potential Hogan/Flair WrestleMania main event.
I don't even have to go to YouTube and jog my memory...even then I thought Hulk looked terrible at the Rumble. 
Monsoon said (on the redubbed commentary), "Like a THIEF in the night, Sid Justice..."

• Like 1