DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q1 TV GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

For anyone that watches the channel, or has a significant other that religiously watches the channel, especially from November to After Valentine's Day, Hallmark has terminated the contract of Lori Laughlin, unsuprisingly.

Meredith Salenger has volunteered to replace her:

Soooooo...I wound up getting quickly addicted to Letterkenny.

It is quite possibly the most Canadian TV show of all time. It's really adorable hearing all of their accents. I have also started to say "pitter patter" when it's time to go get something done. 

If you have Hulu, I'd suggest watching it. 

• Like 2

Meredith Salenger has volunteered to replace her:

Has Meredith Salenger and Laurie Laughlin ever been up for the same role?  Laurie Laughlin doesn't have a snarky bone in her body...Meredith Salenger is all snark all the time.  The only person more different than Laurie Laughlin in my mind is Nell Carter.

Has Meredith Salenger and Laurie Laughlin ever been up for the same role?  Laurie Laughlin doesn't have a snarky bone in her body...Meredith Salenger is all snark all the time.  The only person more different than Laurie Laughlin in my mind is Nell Carter.

I doubt it. Salenger mostly does voice work, I believe. That being said, it's called ACTING. Also, it was literally a joke.

Edited by Ace

I doubt it. Salenger mostly does voice work, I believe. That being said, it's called ACTING. Also, it was literally a joke.

Honestly, my response was just an excuse to produce the funny visual of Laurie Laughlin being replaced by Nell Carter.  

Honestly, my response was just an excuse to produce the funny visual of Laurie Laughlin being replaced by Nell Carter.  

Yes, but who's Laurie Laughlin, and would her being replaced by a zombie of someone who's been dead for 6 years be funny?

Edited by Raziel

Yes, but who's Laurie Laughlin, and would her being replaced by a zombie of someone who's been dead for 6 years be funny?

If Jon Stamos was dating Nell Carter on Full House instead of Laurie Laughlin the world would be a better place.  

Apparently the Deadwood movie trailer has dropped. Not sure if anyone's posted it on the board or not yet ?

• Thanks 1

The Connors/Roseanne v.2 has officially been cancelled by ABC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Clarified below

Edited by Dolfan in NYC
I have no reading comprehension.

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Connors/Roseanne v.2 has officially been cancelled by ABC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's interesting since it had the second highest ratings on the network.  

Alright, I misread the article.  Roseanne Barr, the actor, blamed the cancellation of the Roseanne reboot on a Sara Gilbert tweet on the Rabbi Schmuli Boteach podcast. (Which is a sentence that is extremely 2019.)  

The Connors is according to Deadline close to renewal for a second season. 

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Alright, I misread the article.  Roseanne Barr, the actor, blamed the cancellation of the Roseanne reboot on a Sara Gilbert tweet on the Rabbi Schmuli Boteach podcast. (Which is a sentence that is extremely 2019.)  

The Connors is according to Deadline close to renewal for a second season. 

The McPaper said it best.

Since then, however, she has variously blamed Ambien, her support for President Donald Trump, co-stars Gilbert (whom she then forgave) and Michael Fishman (who plays son D.J.), 'antisemitism,' ex-network ABC and former first lady Michelle Obama

The restart of Roseanne doesn't happen without Gilbert & Goodman stoking interest, which is why she gets blame.

Edited by Ace

The watching of Dallas continues!

How the hell did Linda Gray not win an Emmy in those first 4 seasons?
I mean I love Barbara Bel Geddes as Miss Ellie but Gray killed it as Sue Ellen in every episode once they got past season 1

.I know Charlene Tilton used to get quite a bit of spite back in the day from the critics but she wasn't bad and season 2 sees her character evolved a bit (though they really rushed her storyline about getting married to Kit, that could've beren at least 3-5 episodes of material). I think Victoria Principal is way worse as Pam than Tilton was as Lucy.

As I said before, Jock remains my favorite Ewing for just being an all around old badass

As to me watching Dynasty... outside of the Pamela Sue Martin factor, its rewatchability doesn't hold up as well in season 1. I'm just waiting for Joan Collins to show up sso the bitchiness factor can be cranked up

James

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Raziel said:

I read this as "Yes, but Hugh Laurie would be replaced by a zombie of someone who's been dead for 6 years."