DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q1 TV GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I knew right away that they were going to a Borg thing on The Orville when Issac mentioned his report being almost done. And then I forgot about it after the sweet romance episode with Issac and the Doctor. And then it all tied together with this one. The Orville is so fucking good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I know, for whatever reason, it's not everyone's cup of tea but the 2nd series of The Wire is one of my favourite series of all time and Chris Bauer as Frank Sobokta is pretty much my favourite one series run of any character ever.

I went through it again two weeks back just because (the conversation on here helped) and it's incredible. Not like it wasn't always, of course. Rewatching just makes you pick up so many little things about the particular characters, even the ones that are in for the proverbial cup of coffee in the series like Vondas, while laying foundation for ones that would have a whole lot more to do with the series later like Prop Joe. Shit, Cheese AND Brother Mouzone are introduced in this season, and people still complain about it? 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:51 AM, RIPPA said:

And Justin Smollett has been "suspended" from Empire with his role "removed" from the final two episodes of this season

Well, this shit got interesting again.

TMZ is now reporting that the $3500 that Smolette paid to the two Nigerian brothers may have been a consultation fee for physical training and nutritional advice.

The memo line of the check reads "5 week Nutrition/Workout program Don't Go."  "Don't Go" refers to a song where Jussie wanted to go shirtless in the video and needed to cut weight quickly.

There are also corroborating texts between Smolllete and the Osundairo brothers about his diet and fitness regimen.

Abel Osundairo also has several fitness and died videos posted to YouTube, one of which is under the header of Fat To Fit In 2 Months.

My Conclusion:  EVERYONE IS LYING~!

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, this shit got interesting again.

TMZ is now reporting that the $3500 that Smolette paid to the two Nigerian brothers may have been a consultation fee for physical training and nutritional advice.

The memo line of the check reads "5 week Nutrition/Workout program Don't Go."  "Don't Go" refers to a song where Jussie wanted to go shirtless in the video and needed to cut weight quickly.

There are also corroborating texts between Smolllete and the Osundairo brothers about his diet and fitness regimen.

Abel Osundairo also has several fitness and died videos posted to YouTube, one of which is under the header of Fat To Fit In 2 Months.

My Conclusion:  EVERYONE IS LYING~!

I'd like to reference my previous post where I stated that as soon as this scam involved 2 Nigerian brothers that all bets were off.  When Nigerians decide to involve themselves in a scam...they go all the way.  Exhibit A: http://www.informationng.com/2017/07/nigerian-fraudster-sold-fake-airport-never-existed-242m-photos.html

On 2/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Of likely interest to some of you:

• Brief footage from The Righteous Gemstones (televangelist comedy starring Danny McBride and John Goodman)
  • Brief footage from GOT
  • Brief footage from Watchman
  • Brief footage from Deadwood movie

I hope that short clip is a sign of how the dialogue for this movie will be. I like Deadwood, but I can’t stand that Shakespearean dialogue, and acting that takes over in season 2 & 3. Also, it seems they’re letting Olyphant’s charisma peak through this go around.

Well you know, I was just thinking about that scene with Keone Young and Ian McShane saying "COCKSUCKER" over and over and louder and louder, as though being louder makes it easier to understand, and I said to myself, "You know what's wrong with this?  Too Shakespearean."

• Haha 1

THE LAST DRIVE-IN: THE SERIES STARTS MARCH 29

Joe Bob’s hosting a weekly series of double features starting March 29 at 9pm ET/6pmPT. It’ll stream live every Friday for nine weeks and includes classics to obscurities to foreign cult films, ranging over five decades. Check it out…only on SHUDDER!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1