DVDVR Message Board

2019 Q1 TV GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well,

Hide contents

Having your back "cracked" in that manner is not necessarily bad for you when done in moderation.  Sometimes a back walker is able to apply more pressure than normal hand massage can and that stimulates blood flow to sore muscles and can relieve pressure in spinal joints.

The problem is that back walking loosens all of the joints in your back; not just the problem ones that are causing you discomfort.  Regular popping of joints can lead to premature wear.  This is why people sometimes develop arthritis in their hands and knees due to excessive wear and tear on their joints thanks to excessive "cracking" or "popping" of these joints.

The proper term for back walking is ashiatsu.  Literally "foot pressure."

J.T. It wasn't the back cracking, it was that

she did it in heels that put holes in his back which were bleeding.

That is what made me cringe.

6 hours ago, driver said:

J.T. It wasn't the back cracking, it was that

Reveal hidden contents

she did it in heels that put holes in his back which were bleeding.

That is what made me cringe.

I think I mentally blocked that part out.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, Craig H said:

I thought about the Bad Boys 3 thing, but as much as I want that movie, I wonder if everyone else has moved on. And it would probably be for the best if they downplayed the connection.

I have not moved on! BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

On 2/11/2019 at 1:42 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Shameless continues to kill it and I have no idea how they're gonna deal with the blow of Emmy Rossum leaving. Her character's arc this season has been cutting particularly close to the bone and though they're not going to kill her off, whatever they do to send her packing is going to be traumatic. It's crazy watching the intro to the show and realizing just how long the show's been on the air; most of the cast were literally kids when they shot it. Luis Guzman showing up tonight was particularly inspired casting. 

Great episode. I loved the little nod to "Married With Children".

Since you guys were talking about it. Those two Nigerian brothers were let go without being charged.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlieDeMar/status/1096610764931117056?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1096610764931117056&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231096610764931117056

While this isn’t over, here is what I’m gathering in my mind what really happened... Smollett staged his attack for publicity. He hired those Nigerian brothers to help stage it similar to how Bobby Baccalieri helped stage that rappers shooting on the Sopranos. He reported the incident to the police, showing the injuries of the attack, and gave them the story of a hate crime attack. The cops check the CCTV tapes, ask “Are these the guys”. *Smollet internally screaming because he didn’t expect them to be found on tape* “Yes”. Instead of keeping a low profile he goes on a media tour to talk about the “incident” hoping the “attackers” won’t get caught. They did, and might have told the police the whole truth. Apparently after they were caught, Smollett retained a high profile defense attorney.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:48 PM, RIPPA said:

As a dangerous person, I would like my apology. 

This why I don't fuck with Ebony, Essence, Blavity, The Root, and Vibe. The straight/cishet black men are trash movement is so blatant and bizarre in this time and day.

If you come from a family with like a dozen siblings involved in the same industry, this would be a good time to blame one of them.

23 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

This is why everybody should have just waited for this to play out. It had a Morton Downey jr vibe written all over it. Be interesting to see if he keeps the job they said was never in danger.

Chicago is pretty segregated and the neighborhood he stays in is mixed with black and/or gay people. To be strolling around in a red hat (according to the Chicago PD, one of the Nigerians allegedly bought it from a beauty supply store lol) in a ski mask w/ a noose at 2 am in below freezing weather, I would say you would attract a lot of attention in that neighborhood. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

God this story is just fucking weird.

It was strange initially, but it took a hell of a turn at Gay Tupac.

Either Jussie is telling the truth (somehow) or we've found someone whose two biggest inspirations are HBK's Syracuse I Got Attacked By 39 Soldiers story and J.T. Walsh's part in the film House of Games.

I kinda came in late to it. I've never watched Empire, so it didn't immediately cross my radar, then all of a sudden I'm seeing "fake attack" "no it was real" "he hired them"

Then you have Danny Strong and Fox both completely blowing up the alleged motive and.. what in the fuck is going on?

Edit: for all the bullshit, at least HBK really did his ass kicked by somebody.

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I kinda came in late to it. I've never watched Empire, so it didn't immediately cross my radar, then all of a sudden I'm seeing "fake attack" "no it was real" "he hired them"

Then you have Danny Strong and Fox both completely blowing up the alleged motive and.. what in the fuck is going on?

Edit: for all the bullshit, at least HBK really did his ass kicked by somebody.

I haven't seen an episode of Empire either, but I doubt they would outright say he was being written out. You know the backlash that would come if you said otherwise after a possible hate crime? Looking at how this is being covered though...

For example

Now Danny Strong, creator of “Empire,” has weighed in on Twitter. He writes: “There is 0% truth that @JussieSmollett was going to be written off of Empire. This rumor is totally false. He is the third lead and one of the most beloved characters on the show. Writing him off the show has NEVER even been discussed.”

Fox TV also chimed in, reminding readers Smollett is a “core” character. “The idea that Jussie Smollett has been, or would be, written off of Empire is patently ridiculous,” said 20th Century Fox TV and Fox Entertainment today. “He remains a core player on this very successful series and we continue to stand behind him.”

It’s funny that no one wants to believe Smollett. Something DID happen to him, obviously. Time and patience will bear that out.

Now Fox TV has a no comment the last time someone tried to reach out to them. I don't take that as a positive sign.

There are so many holes in the story (apparently someone knows when this guy makes his 2 am Subway run and willing to wait in the Polar Vortex) in addition to no footage of the attack existing. Best case scenario: He's telling the truth, the attack happened in a blindspot, and these former persons of interest/suspects that know him (one also being his personal trainer) panicked and spouted out nonsense to put the heat back on Jussie.

15 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Either Jussie is telling the truth (somehow) or we've found someone whose two biggest inspirations are HBK's Syracuse I Got Attacked By 39 Soldiers story and J.T. Walsh's part in the film House of Games.

I don't trust anything after, 2 Nigerian dudes.  If there is a scam that includes 2 Nigerian dudes, I can't rule out any possibilities.  Is it possible that Jussie Smollet hired them to fake this attack?  Absolutely.  Could the real attackers have hired them to claim that he hired them to do the attack? Yep.  Could this be some elaborate scheme that somehow ends up with those 2 Nigerian dudes getting an airport or some shit?  Sure.  Once a scheme includes Nigerians, all bets are 100% off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1