DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling is official

Brian Fowler

11 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

If you can't get Cornette involved, then another obvious heel manager is Enzo. Not without his problems obviously (& you clearly don't want him to 'wrestle'), but he's draw nuclear heat and probably put eyes on the product.

I'm mentioning heel managers, because obviously that can be used as a crux for using lesser known guys to start with whilst they look to peel off disgruntled guys from other promotions.

Chris Masters is unsigned right? I wonder if he's still any good?

I think it's more likely you see Alex Jebailey in AEW than Corny.  Especially since I think Kenny and the Bucks are going to try and grow an adjacent audience to the traditional indie wrestling audience through geek culture in general.  (Jebailey runs one of the biggest gaming events in the US, and organized a lot of Kenny's CEO show, and wrestled a match with a torn Achilles there)

For those wondering why Kenny hasn't talked about AEW, my simple guess is he's still under contract to NJPW for a few more days, so he doesn't think it's a good idea until after 1/6 or whenever his contract expires.   The Bucks/Page were under ROH contract and my guess is they're doing WK as a one-off.

God no on Cornette. 

The last thing they need is that relic on national TV in 2019.

Enzo would be a great. Would give them even more buzz and draw eyeballs from WWE fans which is what it seems that they’re going for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

WWE has done two things in recent years that really hurts the success of a new major promotion. First, they signed everybody. Second, they stopped releasing people and gave performers financial stability.  Your average mid-carder does not have a history of drawing and is already making a lot of money.  How much are they even worth to a new promotion? Why would someone throw mid-six figures at a Cesaro without any way to recoup it?

I don't see where the talent pool is coming from unless there is another shoe to drop. (Talent share with New Japan? CM Punk sighting?) It's not a coincidence that what we know so far resembles a reshuffling of the ROH roster.

That being said, all of this speculation about rosters is way more fun than discussing Cena's hair. 

This is 100% speculating on my part, but my gut feeling is that he may not wrestle, but CM Punk will be a part of this is some way. At bare minimum, he makes an appearance at Double or Nothing.

6 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Didn’t Dash Wilder tweet something about wrestling the Young Bucks in 2019? The Revival managed by Jim Cornette would easily be the #1 heel act in AEW. 

I didn't know how much I wanted this until right now

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Tama has it all except for being good in the ring, man. What a shame.

He's such a good athlete too. There's just something missing in his work though.

Second best corner splash only to pre-injured Staaang. Has a cool look, has the presence of a star, promos are hit and miss but if given some editing and focus could be really good, super athlete, but can't tell a compelling story for the life of him. Oh, and Super Saiyan level twitter game. Guy is out of control and I love it.

Enzo has a great on screen persona to be a top heel character & manager, but he’s a total fucking head case. If Chris Daniels is going to be a behind scenes guy, then you can totally get him to be a heel manager. I mean we already know Daniels is great on screen as a sleazy scumbag, isn’t mental in real-life, and also the all-time best managers had a hand in the booking committee.

Also, the account for AEW follows the obvious people (basically everyone in the video and a few others) and a whole bunch of major arenas. Like Little Cesar's here in Michigan, TMobile in Vegas, etc.

So they at least seem to be aiming real big.

6 hours ago, Thibs said:

Cornette would immediately get into a fight with someone, threaten to kill them, and promptly get fired. 

Sounds like a good storyline for weekly TV show :D that eventually leads to No DQ PPV main event Cornette vs Kenny Omega vs random little girl. Girl obviously pins Cornette.

I don't like the idea of them picking up Enzo. He's too much of a constant screw up and there's a good chance he will spend more time crapping on his time in WWE than putting over whoever it is he's managing.