DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling is official

Brian Fowler

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

These same people probably think Haku could be a great agent/producer, though.

He may or may not be. We don't know since he's never been in that position before, but I wouldn't want to be the one to tell him his performance isn't up to snuff and he's being fired.

This person is not a journalist and I couldn't find any corroborating stories, but Fulham did get ousted from the FA Cup by a 2nd division team (a 4th tier league in actuality). Tony Khan, the rare analytics nerd with a short temper. I eagerly await him having pull apart brawls with WWE trolls at AEW shows.

I'm guessing this is a response to people suggesting she's unqualified. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Omega said in a presser that he’s either going to WWE or AEW.

No he didn't. He said fans would be pleased if he went to either of those places but he said he wants to be happy. His interview is more vague than it initially seems. Buddy is staying and there's nothing anybody can say to convince me otherwise.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

No he didn't. He said fans would be pleased if he went to either of those places but he said he wants to be happy. His interview is more vague than it initially seems. Buddy is staying and there's nothing anybody can say to convince me otherwise.

Oh shit really? Reading the recaps I thought he basically said he was going to one of the two. 

2 hours ago, Thibs said:

Oh shit really? Reading the recaps I thought he basically said he was going to one of the two. 

It was weird kayfabe interview that people are now picking apart to prove whatever they want to be proven. I think he is staying, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually leaving and this was his way of saying "fuck you Tanahashi!!!!!".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Interesting time in wrestling. So that's Omega, Bucks and Cody gone.

And Page. Who isn't a huge deal, but is someone they put a fair amount of time into.

• Like 1

If the American promotions are going to start picking up more Joshi wrestlers, presumably at least one would decide signing ASUKA (not Kana from WWE, the other one) might get them some mainstream publicity, from the curiosity factor, and the contentious issue factor . Like when TNA had that Sergeant who'd lost his leg in the war. Except ASUKA would be able to stick around for more than a couple of matches because she can actually work. I think Sarge was more a guy who had a dream of having a wrestling match on television, but didn't really want a wrestling career.

11 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Is this the wellspring of another boom do you think? How does that even look in 2019 compared to 1998? 

I think it definitely could be. You’re already seeing it with the bidding war over talent.

They key is television. Despite the “traditional TV is dying” narrative, you still need a serious TV deal to become legitimized.

If this company can get on a serious channel (TNT/TBS) and draw numbers that are comparable to Smackdown, for example, they’ll be seen as a equal to WWE. 

And I think that’s when serious competition can begin. Competition = boom. 

21 hours ago, Thibs said:

I mean you can definitely have the creative mind but not everyone can translate to a producer/creative/management role. I dont think Dustin has done anything like that before. 

But he does have the pedigree so who knows.

Like Bobby Eaton couldn't be a trainer because he was too much of a natural worker.  It happens that those who can, can't teach.  

They call him the Natural.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:10 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope it works out this way.

Why?  Like one of the issues they need to work through is that they can't be ROH2 and New Japan Jr. otherwise why would they bother to separate?  If its up to me (it's not), I would be quickly working to differentiate from other companies and focus on what makes you unique.  The more they can make their roster unique, the better off they would be.

I have no idea how credible prowrestlingsheet is, but they are reporting SCU signed. Which obviously wouldn't be surprising given they got the countdown texts and are on the rally poster.

4 hours ago, Goodear said:

Why?  Like one of the issues they need to work through is that they can't be ROH2 and New Japan Jr. otherwise why would they bother to separate?  If its up to me (it's not), I would be quickly working to differentiate from other companies and focus on what makes you unique.  The more they can make their roster unique, the better off they would be.

Can they make their roster more unique or will they be fighting over the same guys along with ROH, MLW, and Impact?

I was perfectly happy with All In being a collaborative effort. I'd rather see working arrangements rather than another ROH vs. Gabe battle, which hurt everybody involved. 

• Like 1