DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling is official

Brian Fowler

Christ, this thread...

Two things. One, WWE had to throw Mauro the NXT gig just to keep him working. The dude has serious bipolar and was about to lose it. Unless he could work a comparable schedule, it ain't happening.

And two, jeez Oyaji, doesn't DZ post enough Kana pics for you already? ?

On 1/3/2019 at 12:26 AM, Casey said:

Can we talk about what their women's division could (should?) look like? You've already got Britt Baker, who else could they realistically get? I'm assuming people from Impact are on contracts, and not per appearance deals, so someone like Tessa or Taya are out of reach (that's not even mentioning Taya's LU contract either).

I'm personally hoping for Madison Eagles and Kimber Lee, maybe Ashley Vox.

Kris Wolf, Delilah Doom, Lufisto. Cheerleader Melissa (once her LU contract ends), Jazzy Gabert, Nicole Savoy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Christ, this thread...

Two things. One, WWE had to throw Mauro the NXT gig just to keep him working. The dude has serious bipolar and was about to lose it. Unless he could work a comparable schedule, it ain't happening.

... I think I'm missing context here. WWE isn't even Mauro's #1 job priority. It's second to Showtime Boxing.

• Like 1

Rumors going around that AEW is in a bidding war with Impact for Pentagon and Fenix. Not sure how accurate the source is. Supposedly AEW tripled Impact’s offer ?.

Also, this was probably done tongue and cheek, but Conrad Thompson teased being AEW’s booker on Schiavone’s podcast.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he did get a job with the company, even if not the booker. 

Court definitely tweeted something about them being there through the end of 2019, but I have no idea if MLW has any restrictions or what. I mean, they've been in Impact, MLW and LU all at once already.

Well it was explained to me that MLW's contracts give them priority if they are double booked. So I'm not sure what Impact or AEW would get here. Post on reddit said that Impact wants to control their outside bookings and that AEW wants exclusive. And well it doesn't make sense if MLW contracts are real.

MLW didn't sign the Lucha Bros. Court's tweet was more of an indication they had agreed to work with MLW through 2019 than them being signed.

I'm sure Impact isn't paying them that much more than they get from their indy bookings, so tripling isn't probably that much.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, Archibald said:

I'm not sure who deserves what. I don't know much about their actual skills and as I said maybe they are good at multiple things and it will work out. Like, I'm not sure if Bucks should really be the bookers either. Its just when almost everyone from the gang is getting backstage roles then I get sceptical.

And its true that this is the nature of this business, but it doesn't mean that we should accept it.

It's just like a million start-up family businesses, some succeed, some fail... Thus far I don't see anyone promoted to a level of incompetence that could be a liability. These folks are starting a business that they've loads of experience in watching what has worked and what hasn't, they seem to have been carefully taking notes over the last decade and are making some pretty smart moves. The Bucks and Cody aren't my particular cup of tea, but good on 'em, I say.

• Like 2

Also they shouldn’t be afraid to give away tickets to these early shows to make these shows look full. Vince, and company might’ve jumped on that little fact(Even though Vince has been papering his shows for years) about WCW back in the day, but Turner’s promotion eventually came out on top because of it. Also doing that produced great crowds in 95/96(The 4 weeks of Nitro in Disney proved that). Maybe even created new fans because of it. 

10 hours ago, Ace said:

Kris Wolf, Delilah Doom, Lufisto. Cheerleader Melissa (once her LU contract ends), Jazzy Gabert, Nicole Savoy

Only one I would consider is Savoy, and from what little I've seen she's regressed significantly since her injury.

I'd say Allisyn Kay and Kylie Rae are no brainers, Jordynne Grace too if she isn't under contract with Impact. Don't see them signing more than 4 or 5 regulars in total, so I'd look to add some lower profile talents as part timers. Someone like Samantha Heights, Willow Nightingale and AQA.

3 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Only one I would consider is Savoy, and from what little I've seen she's regressed significantly since her injury.

I'd say Allisyn Kay and Kylie Rae are no brainers, Jordynne Grace too if she isn't under contract with Impact. Don't see them signing more than 4 or 5 regulars in total, so I'd look to add some lower profile talents as part timers. Someone like Samantha Heights, Willow Nightingale and AQA.

Santana Garrett would be someone I’d look at. Although she might be signed to WOW.... Wait a minute. Maybe they can do a talent exchange with WOW. Beat WWE to the punch by bringing the best women’s  Tag Team back into the national spotlight.

1*MxIfaJ-cnfRKhYVD45PE6g.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

MLW didn't sign the Lucha Bros. Court's tweet was more of an indication they had agreed to work with MLW through 2019 than them being signed.

I'm sure Impact isn't paying them that much more than they get from their indy bookings, so tripling isn't probably that much.

Well, according to the report, and again, idk the credibility of the source, but I guess AEW made an offer, Impact countered in the low 6 figures, and then that was the offer that AEW supposedly tripled. Again, grain of salt. 

On 1/2/2019 at 1:41 PM, Edwin said:

They need to stay away from the Lucha Bros, namely Penta. The dude has the same match always on the US indys, unless it's a bloody brawl like the match against Callihan which is a rarity.

So do the Young Bucks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CookieMueller said:

Too bad Nicole Matthews can't work in America. I'd love to have seen her in a major promotion.

Also, maybe Goldust can get involved behind the scenes whenever he is available. It's criminal not to have his creative mind being put to use.

Goldust was obviously a great performer but since when does he have a “creative mind”?

7 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Goldust was obviously a great performer but since when does he have a “creative mind”?

In theory we believe he has a great mind for the business like his brother, and father. But then we might be wrong, and he has a horrible mind for the business like saaaaaay... Tom Thibodeau.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, EVA said:

Um, I feel like having a creative mind is essential to being a good performer, especially one that has remained relevant for over 2 decades.

I mean you can definitely have the creative mind but not everyone can translate to a producer/creative/management role. I dont think Dustin has done anything like that before. 

But he does have the pedigree so who knows.