DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling is official

Brian Fowler

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

Like anyone with half a brain seriously thought for a second that he would skip a chance to be in on the ground floor of a company with his best buddies in order to go to McMahonland where he'd wind up mopping the ring before matches because he's "the cleaner" and trading wins with Dolph Ziggler. 

Vince: "The Cleaner"? What's he clean, floors? Give him Saturn's old mop gimmick.

HHH: No, "cleaner" is mob kayfabe for a hitman, see...

Vince: Another greasy-haired Canadian Hitman? Is his gear pink too? No thanks pal. Tell ya what, how about we call him Kenny O'Mega and package him with Hornswoggle. He's still on the payroll, right?

HHH: Sigh...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Someone on Twitter claimed he said that.  I don't have the membership anymore so wondering if he would say something so stupid.   According to others the emphasis was on "Even" as if these guys are so straight laced and dull that a wellness policy isn't necessary.    Which makes the statement even dumber

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Someone on Twitter claimed he said that.  I don't have the membership anymore so wondering if he would say something so stupid.   According to others the emphasis was on "Even" as if these guys are so straight laced and dull that a wellness policy isn't necessary.    Which makes the statement even dumber

That’s unbelievable.

If you pay attention though, he says some pretty outlandish things on a regular basis.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thibs said:

That’s unbelievable.

If you pay attention though, he says some pretty outlandish things on a regular basis.

The way he said it was just his own opinion as an aside, but not necessarily a reason why not to have one. I don't think he implied they shouldn't have one. What he said was he had not heard of there being one in place, then talked about his personal knowledge of most of those guys not drinking or doing whatever, but if they develop problems at some point (i.e. being on the road), it could be a possibility. The person on Twitter probably just ran that all together because of Dave's stream of consciousness.

So no, he didn't say that or at least in that fashion.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CSC said:

There's really no point in a cruiser title when practically the entire roster is a junior heavyweight.  

I agree. It doesn’t stand out when that style permeates the rest of the roster. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Ok tv belt.

What about an Iron Man Title? Is there anything like that out there?

The title is defended under Iron Man Rules.... 30 minutes most of the time, 60 minutes for special occasions.

They could save most of the title matches for PPV and have a 30 minute match on TV once a month. Then the other 3 weeks of the month, they can do angles and interviews around the division. 

Just a thought. Could be a cool element that would set them apart. 

18 minutes ago, Thibs said:

The title is defended under Iron Man Rules.... 30 minutes most of the time, 60 minutes for special occasions.

They could save most of the title matches for PPV and have a 30 minute match on TV once a month. Then the other 3 weeks of the month, they can do angles and interviews around the division. 

Depends on who wrestling for it. Maybe having a hardcore championship might work out better.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Depends on who wrestling for it. Maybe having a hardcore championship might work out better.

2 hours ago, Thibs said:

FCW did it right before they became NXT it was the Jack Brisco Memorial, it was a metal. I enjoyed it, it had people like Richie Steamboat,  Rollins and Ambrose competing for it, alot of the bouts were 15mins but it was really enjoyable to me

• Like 1

They should do a modern twist of the tv title rule that WCW for a bit but instead of letting a time limit draw go to three judges, they should let a 15 minute draw go to an audience vote for the winner. Let there be a social media/app vote ... push live events, encourage crowd interaction, and give a good reason for all the flips also, win/win...

• Like 3