DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling is official

Brian Fowler

Just now, Raziel said:

So much for the "I won't work the US without Vince's approval." for Jericho.

I think he realized A) there’s a lot more money outside WWE than he thought, and B) Vince has forgiven far worse and his spot will be there when this money dries up.

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Not at all. The picture low quality.  With how fuzzy it the stream got, I could barely see him behind the pyro and smoke. 

It looked like a minor league playing like it was major. 

Eh disagree. It made the statement they needed to.

1 minute ago, just drew said:

Jericho and PAC being there seems big, bc they’re guys with an axe to grind over how they were treated by Wwe. 

I don't listen to his pod much anymore, but Jericho doesn't strike me as bitter. I just think he's having a lot of fun on the outside and it's changed his priorities. 

1 minute ago, EVA said:

I think he realized A) there’s a lot more money outside WWE than he thought, and B) Vince has forgiven far worse and his spot will be there when this money dries up.

Eh does he really need the money?

He night legit want to prop up a major #2 promotion. 

1 minute ago, just drew said:

The WWE isn’t taking this seriously yet. But Blockbuster didn’t take Netflix seriously either. Jericho and PAC being there seems big, bc they’re guys with an axe to grind over how they were treated by Wwe. All Wwe had to do was send a couple midcarders to wrestle on jerichos cruise. A working vacation for Hawkins & Ryder. Now this is happening.

Um, right now it's all Cody and the Bucks friends getting a payday.  They got 2 shows, no TV, and their big program is Page/PAC, possibly for another company that doesn't like the company they partnered with's Belt.  Let's be real, Vince isn't losing sleep yet and it's too early to call this the beginning of the end.

• Like 1

Yeah - let's have a little transparency on the "Women get paid as much as the men" thing first

I highly doubt Britt Baker is getting the same money as Jericho or the Young Bucks

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - let's have a little transparency on the "Women get paid as much as the men" thing first

I highly doubt Britt Baker is getting the same money as Jericho or the Young Bucks

When Tessa’s contract is up, I hope they throw as much money as they can to get her.

Some very smart moves, especially signing Jericho; people in the mainstream know who Chris Jericho is and there are few people with a better creative mind for wrestling. Comparing what looks to be a well-thought-out start-up to a billion-dollar enterprise that has been around for fifty years is silly. However, there's no doubt which one I'd rather watch, and I'm not a huge fan of the Bucks nor do I think much of Cody, but it's going to be light-years better than Impact or WWE's nonsense. I'm still a NJPW fanboy, but I watch to see wrestlers wrestle, and thankfully the silly shit that NJPW does doesn't make it on to my tv. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well, the Bucks at least are Executive Vice Presidents, so I'm sure they don't "count"

2 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

If not for nothing they set two programs up for the Double or Nothing; MJF vs Joey Janela and Hangman Page vs Pac for one or two or no Championships

I don't remember clearly, but I think that MJF and Janela already feuded in MLW?