DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling is official

Brian Fowler

The crowd would lose their minds if Goldberg destroyed Marko Stunt in 90 seconds like a 1998 squash match and you know the clips would make the rounds on TV plus youtube. 

17 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It would be awesome for everybody but his opponent. But you'd get shit like this:

Image result for goldberg glacier

Image result for goldberg glacier

If you ran this match in the south in 2019 it will sell tickets and the crowd would  be going nuts. 

Goldberg squashing Bryan Alvarez! I love the guy, however silly he can be, but that would be so fucking great. Or Enzo.

God damn, I didn't mean for this to become a Goldberg squash wish list, but it's fun to visualize Goldberg obliterating fools.

58 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Thoughts on signing RVD? At least for the startup. He’s a name, he can still go in the ring, and mainstream fans know who he is. 

Plus it would be fun to see him go with guys like the Bucks. 

BTE is Drug Free.

• Like 2

I am listening to the WOR with Dave and Garrett right now. Dave says there's a meeting between AEW, NJPW, and ROH tomorrow. "My strong impression is that everyone wants to work together, but I don't know how politically it's going to work out."

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I am listening to the WOR with Dave and Garrett right now. Dave says there's a meeting between AEW, NJPW, and ROH tomorrow. "My strong impression is that everyone wants to work together, but I don't know how politically it's going to work out."

My understanding is Dave also remarked on Kenny’s WWE offer. What was the gist of that? 

10 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I hope it works out this way.

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

My understanding is Dave also remarked on Kenny’s WWE offer. What was the gist of that? 

Not there yet but he said the AEW boys aren't wanting to make enemies.

I did lol @ Garrett 'n' Dave saying the conference next week being the same day/location as SD was a coincidence (Jacksonville I get, but the date?! "They're all coming back from Japan, they would've done it this week if they weren't." Right.)

I did my best. It's not verbatim but close enough. He talked about Kenny getting a fantastic offer from WWE but unless I missed something there weren't specifics.

He's got a big decision to make obviously... There really isn't a bad decision for him, there's only the better good decision for him (DAVE-isms!). I don't think everybody will think that way  but when I look at it with the idea of Kenny Omega being a New Japan guy full time who works all the big shows for All Elite is not a bad thing from the All Elite standpoint and I know that for a fact. I know that if he goes with All Elite, New Japan will still want him. Now obviously if he goes with WWE that's a completely different thing. His offer is really strong.

As for Double or Nothing, it could be T-Mobile in Vegas but because of the NHL playoffs it may not be a good idea. Mandalay Bay may be another option. This'll be the debut show of All Elite. Garrett notes that T-Mobile is a significant step up in attendance from the Sears Center. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not that this really matters, despite some of the odd posts in this thread -- this is the best and most level headed discussion about this company I've read anywhere.

Elsewhere it's either extremely negative or way to over the top pro claiming it will close down WWE in 2 years with AJ, Nakamura, Rollins, Bàlor, the Good Brothers, etc. jumping ship immediately.

Edit: Just read WWE will be monitoring the AEW rally... Them replicating the D-X invasion angle would be a lame way to kick things off.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I have hard time believing that RoH wants to become third (fourth? fifth?) wheel in this "alliance".