DVDVR Message Board

2019 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

15 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I tried playing Wind Waker yesterday and I wanted to break my god damned controller after doing that stupid pirate test at the start of the game. The camera may be the worst thing ever. The n64 games weren't like this, were they?! 

ha, ha, hahaha N64 games without wonky cameras...

I've probably asked this before, but - Is this a complete list of Japanese wrestling companies (or individual wrestlers) that put out games for the SNES? I grabbed some of it from Wiki, but their page also didn't have things like Saikyou or Hybrid Wrestler.

And, yes, I know Astral Bout is technically a RINGS video game but that's not the point.

• All Japan Pro Wrestling
  • AJPW Dash: World's Strongest Tag Team
  • AJPW 2: 3-4 Budokan
  • NJPW: Chou Senshi in Tokyo Dome
  • NJPW 1994
  • NJPW 1994: Battlefield in Tokyo Dome
  • NJPW 1995: Battle 7
  • Queen's Special
  • Onita Atsushi FMW
  • Tenryu Genichiro no Pro Wrestling Revolution
  • Funaki Masakatsu: Hybrid Wrestler
  • Super Fire Pro Wrestling
  • Super Fire Pro Wrestling 2
  • Super Fire Pro Wrestling 3 Final Bout
  • Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special
  • Super Fire Pro Wrestling X
  • Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium
  • Astral Bout
  • Astral Bout 2
  • Astral Bout 3
  • Saikyou: Takada Nobuhiko

I left off Dream Slam because I already own it, FYI.

• Like 1

Here is some more

Women

JWP Pure Wrestling Queens.
Shiroi Ring He: Twinkle Little Star.
Super Wrestle Angels.
Stardust suplex.

Men

Burning Pro. really good.
Jikkyou Power Pro Wrestling '96.
Superfirepro 3 easy type.

• Like 2

Is there any real reason to keep a lot of space free on the PS4 hard drive?  I typically just keep a few games installed at once, but I noticed this morning that I've been letting the installed games pile up and about 750 mb out of 872 is being used (1 tb drive; the console reserves the other 128 mb for systems operations).

I deleted a few games that I know I won't play anytime soon and took it back down to 670 mb approx., but I'm wondering if I should free up more space?  I don't really need to keep a lot of games installed since I basically only play physical editions of games.  Installation times from disc for most games are short, so it's not really that big a deal.  I hardly ever use the PS4 for anything except PS4 games (no surfing the web, watching dvds, using apps etc.) and I rarely download digital games or play online.  Mostly, I just download system updates and game patches, plus the occasional paid dlc.

Only real issue is performance.  Haven't noticed anything that makes me thing the console is running slower due to using a lot of space , but I'd prefer to avoid that.

Anything think they would be a benefit to emptying out the hard drive?  I'd prefer to keep my favorite 30 or 40 installed, but since I have the discs in the same room, it's not a necessity.  Probably will buy an external hard drive for the PS4, but unless it becomes a priority, it won't be for a month or two.

Thanks.

Edited by Whodathunkit

Pretty much finished up with Horizon Zero Dawn's main game, so I'm starting in on Frozen Wilds. Seems like resources are more scarce in thus bit of the map. How embarrassing it would be to get stuck because you ran out of arrows in a big fight and couldn't craft any more because there's not as much Ridge-Wood around. There's also the factor that, having done everything on the main map, you're overpowered to be there and there's nothing you haven't killed a few of already. Then you start the DLC and suddenly the fame is not hard exactly, but it's challenging where it had been comfortable. You finish the final quest, save the planet and it becomes open world, but officially you've time travelled back to before the climax and the world is still imperilled. But you're wondering around a map that is level 30 at its toughest spot, and you're already level 54. The world may be permanently in peril, but nothing in it is a threat to you any more.

• Like 1

So my brother in law got an Xbox One for Christmas just so he can play Call of Duty. Which is great except he's 51 and last remembers playing Atari. You should have seen him incredulously explain how long it took just to set it up and install the game. He ended up leaving it overnight and is having fun with it at least. But now comes the fun part of finding games he'll like. But hey, there's always the streaming apps for him to use. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Pretty much finished up with Horizon Zero Dawn's main game, so I'm starting in on Frozen Wilds. Seems like resources are more scarce in thus bit of the map. How embarrassing it would be to get stuck because you ran out of arrows in a big fight and couldn't craft any more because there's not as much Ridge-Wood around. There's also the factor that, having done everything on the main map, you're overpowered to be there and there's nothing you haven't killed a few of already. Then you start the DLC and suddenly the fame is not hard exactly, but it's challenging where it had been comfortable. You finish the final quest, save the planet and it becomes open world, but officially you've time travelled back to before the climax and the world is still imperilled. But you're wondering around a map that is level 30 at its toughest spot, and you're already level 54. The world may be permanently in peril, but nothing in it is a threat to you any more.

Yeah it's just weird all the way around, I don't get why you couldn't just end the game right there and then give me the map back minus the main quest after the final boss battle and stuff. I guess that would remove the corrupted zones after the final boss, though? And the machines should go back to being docile after all of that, right?

Who knows. Still a great game, I'm looking forward to the sequel comic in the spring.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic