DVDVR Message Board

2019 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's not even the best meme game of the last two weeks.

I feel like I hard disagree, but I'd like to hear what you have to say first.

My wife and I are cracking up together trying to devise the best methods of fuckery in Goose Game, though, so I admit to being hard to convince here.

I bought Darius Gaiden in like 1999 from a Toys R Us discount bin, along with WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game, for five bucks apiece.

That's one of the better deals that I've ever gotten, in retrospect. The Saturn going down in flames in the U.S., combined with some canny shopping, got me some games that are excellent for almost nothing, some of which are now worth a lot of cash when sold complete. Burning Rangers is probably my best get; that cost me eight U.S. dollars at the time that I bought it new. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I bought Darius Gaiden in like 1999 from a Toys R Us discount bin, along with WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game, for five bucks apiece.

That's one of the better deals that I've ever gotten, in retrospect. The Saturn going down in flames in the U.S., combined with some canny shopping, got me some games that are excellent for almost nothing, some of which are now worth a lot of cash when sold complete. Burning Rangers is probably my best get; that cost me eight U.S. dollars at the time that I bought it new. 

I wish I kept my Burning Rangers.  That game ruled, and I had no idea that it was so rare until around a month ago when I was looking for info to show a friend that never heard of it

• Like 1

Playstation Now has undergone a price cut to $10/month or $60/year. Additionally, it looks like they'll be focusing more on getting rotating AAA games that are only available for a few months and then leave the service instead of building out the library of indies and oddities.  Kind of a mixed bag imo, not helped by the fact that I already own this month's entire crop of additions (Uncharted 4, GTA5, God of War 2018  and Infamous Second Son)

I was skeptical that Arnold would cost that much when I thought he's been slumming it as of late relatively speaking, so I went to look at his imdb only to find that there is something called THE LEGEND OF CONAN. I just watched the two originals this week again and noticed that they did the same "but that's another story" bit at the end of Destroyer that they did at the end of Barbarian. Finally. The only thing holding it back is the rights to Conan or something? I need 70 year old Conan cutting people in half with an axe dammit.

• Haha 1

The company that owns the rights split kind of pro wrestling Noah style a couple years ago (but friendlier because they're all super super nice Scandinavian people) while my friend was interning there and it fucked a lot of that stuff up, I think.  They were even still working out of adjoining offices, but completely different companies doing stuff.  

The intros have Conan and Predator references everywhere.  He even calls Baraka an ugly motherfucker.

The Arnold voice is pretty bad.  They should have got Josh Robert Thompson

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

Random, and probably obvious to everyone but I don't play video games that much - but it's super annoying that the challenge tombs in Shadow of the Tomb Raider are pay to play. I mean, I get that stuff like DLC story content like The Nightmare would cost money, but I thought a glorified puzzle like the tombs would be free. Goddamnit.

Other than that - man, I love these Tomb Raider games. So much fun. But, uh, fuck the Yaaxil. Terrifying shit.