DVDVR Message Board

2019 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know how you have avoided XBOX constantly telling you that you really should be streaming on Mixer!

Well all of this helps: 

I don't watch TV outside of live sports, and haven't watched anything except Australian Rules Football since February.  Fox only ever shows the same three commercials during AFL broadcasts, so that rules out exposure via TV

The only radio I get to listen to is the horrible Kidz Bop or however they spell it that my four year old insists on listening to.

This place is the closest I get to social media.

My xbox account is linked to an email that I haven't had access to since 2017

As for whatever shows up on the Xbox home screen - I don't even notice it.  The one thing I've become certain of after nearly 25 years of working as an engineer is that engineers can't read.  I am not an exception to that rule.

Microsoft, instead of actually having games people want on Xbox that aren't sequels, moneyhats a dude to stream on their service. Yet the same boneheads cancel Scalebound because it wasn't meeting their expectations fast enough (and remember that trailer for the stealth looking game The Coalition worked on before they became Gears of War only studio?). All their acquisitions for studios won't yield results like Xbox Scarlet is out a year or so.

23 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Microsoft, instead of actually having games people want on Xbox that aren't sequels, moneyhats a dude to stream on their service. Yet the same boneheads cancel Scalebound because it wasn't meeting their expectations fast enough (and remember that trailer for the stealth looking game The Coalition worked on before they became Gears of War only studio?). All their acquisitions for studios won't yield results like Xbox Scarlet is out a year or so.

I don't think Microsoft cares about games being ready for Scarlett. I think they just want as many exclusives as possible to put on Game Pass, and if you play those games on a Scarlett, fine, and if you play them on PC, that's fine too, and if they can find a way to get Game Pass onto Nintendo console going forward, you can play them there as well. 

That strategy crystallized for them AFTER they canceled Scalebound, I think, and now Nadella is all in on just getting Game Pass everywhere to get as many subs as possible, damn the point of entry.

Which is totally divorced from this boneheaded fucking plan to attack Twitch and YouTube Gaming by having some lameass streamer with a bunch of weirdo toxic fans stream only on Mixer. It's the Microsoft-in-video-games way of doing something dumb as hell and spending a lot of cash to do it before finally figuring out a cogent strategy like eight or ten years later.

Either that, or Mixer goes the way of the Zune, which is also possible. 

• Like 1

I remember MS creating a show for my friend's sketch comedy group when they got a weird itch to create content.  I don't know if they even ended up ever streaming the episodes even though they all got made. This would have been in the 360 days.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:33 PM, RIPPA said:

In words that younger people will care about - Ninja has jumped from Twitch to Mixer

Was he not seeing enough movement?

nb: They were trying to set the World Record for 'Most people doing the Floss Dance in one place'. Instead they set the World Record for 'Most Epic cringe 2019'.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AxB said:

nb: They were trying to set the World Record for 'Most people doing the Floss Dance in one place'. Instead they set the World Record for 'Most Epic cringe 2019'.

Ironically, probably the least cringe worthy thing he's done this year, although the whole crowd no selling it was amazing.

• Haha 1

I find it hilarious that the people who made Mixer's dress codes thought "no bare shoulders" was an appropriate restriction until after the dress code was published and women streamers pointed out thatniit's not ok to ban tank tops from non-18+ streams. Clearly they thought long and hard and sought diverse viewpoints. </s>

45 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

No bare shoulders? Do they think it’s Congress? ? 

Apparently. They did remove that rule sometime between when the women in the streaming community flipped their shit yesterday, and today, but it WAS a rule this time yesterday.

11 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Apparently. They did remove that rule sometime between when the women in the streaming community flipped their shit yesterday, and today, but it WAS a rule this time yesterday.

I mean, I guess they were attempting to avoid an infux of "focus on my cleavage" streamers and ASMR thots, but that's a little overboard.

Guest The Magnificent 7

SNK shows some of the other already announced  dlc characters and announces some surprise free dlc characters for Samurai Shodown. 

Also a f’n KoF XV teaser. YES

Dear AEW EVPs,

I realize y'all want a video game and that's understandable. What we as fans want is a GOOD modern wrestling game and not the WWE 2K stuff that has been run into the ground.

DON'T WORK WITH YUKES FOR A POTENTIAL AEW GAME.

That is all.

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 7:01 AM, Raziel said:

I mean, I guess they were attempting to avoid an infux of "focus on my cleavage" streamers and ASMR thots, but that's a little overboard.

I think their hearts were in the right place but, yeah, perhaps a little overly-strict.  Still, stuff wasn't BANNED, per se, you just had to label your stream for the right age group.  

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Dear AEW EVPs,

I realize y'all want a video game and that's understandable. What we as fans want is a GOOD modern wrestling game and not the WWE 2K stuff that has been run into the ground.

DON'T WORK WITH YUKES FOR A POTENTIAL AEW GAME.

That is all.

Thanks!

Wasn't WrestleKingdom a pretty good game? It's a nice mix of sim and arcade, from the videos I'm seeing on YouTube. I mean, obviously it doesn't hold a candle to stuff developed by AKI or Spike, but still. They could do worse. It looks like it's just their WWE/UFC stuff that really sucks balls.