DVDVR Message Board

2019 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

You can, you just have to send it somewhere that does class 7 plastic, which is to say it's a huge pain in the ass to even try.

Throwing them in your regular recycle bin doesn't work.

Edited by Tromatagon

I should've said commonly recycled, but yes it's not easy at all. I've been working in document management/destruction for a while and dealing with CD media is always a bad time because nobody wants it. 

13 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I should've said commonly recycled, but yes it's not easy at all. I've been working in document management/destruction for a while and dealing with CD media is always a bad time because nobody wants it. 

Hell most recycling places barely take any kind of plastic these days. 

• Like 3

Grim Dawn has a new expansion hitting later this month but has already put a bunch of changes live, including an improved built-in loot filter. This is the kind of quality of life stuff hardcore A-RPG players appreciate. You could filter it by rarity before but now you have a ton of fine tuning options if you really want to go there for a very specific build all in a real simple to use menu.

D1lKle2V4AEv9yJ.jpg

Path of Exile, you do a lot of things really well. This is not one of them.

• Like 1

I only just installed an item filter on POE last night. And I've had an account since the beta.  So much unnecessary pain.  

I also only learned about chancing because of the filter, though I can't figure why leather belts are bases when the best 2 unique leather belts are gated items. 

(Then again, I didn't play for 4-5 years, and didn't even know about ctrl+click until I had been dragging and dropping stuff to vendors for months...)

Edited by Contentious C

I actually have 0 idea how you could play POE without an item filter at this point. And it's dumb as shit you need to go through a third party website for one, then if you want to edit it go through *another* third party site. Worst oversight in the game.

• Like 1

Oh, the 'Most inaccurate Video Game cities' discussion is always a fun one. Ask @Cristobal how he felt playing the first Watch Dogs, set in a totally accurate ? recreation of his home city of Chicago.

You know you've been playing too much Path of Exile when: 

You read the words, "Emergency Declaration Resolution of Disapproval" and try to figure out what the prefix & suffix modifiers do.  Prefix is "boost flask recovery on Low Life"?  Suffix is "10% less damage taken from enemies" or "curse on hit with socketed gems"?

• Haha 1

Made it up to level 300 on Rocket League. Now have the custom title "All Star". Also my car looks crazy with the neon light up wheels. But I've also got monster eye tooth wheels in like six different colours as well.

Going to the Arcade Expo at the museum of pinball tomorrow.  

15 hours of over 1,100 pinball machines & retro games.

My fingers are cramping already just thinking about it.  

Baba Is You is basically a coding game. It's a really fun one of those, though, and accessible for a non-coder like myself. 

Also, new Captain Toad DLC is basically a wonderful addition to one of the best games that Nintendo's ever made.

This should keep me good for the next two weeks until I can get some of that new Yoshi in my veins. 

So I just discovered Limited Run Games this week.  So much goodness.  I'm sad I didn't buy a PS4 earlier and get in on the ground floor of the site.  So many good games already sold out and i much prefer physical media to digital.  Fortunately, eBay has a lot of copies of various games.

Their Twitter says that Axiom Verge is finally being released for the Wii U at the end of the month.  i definitely want to grab a copy, but I'm not really sure what is happening.  I don't see the game listed at all on their website.  So is the game going to be for sale on the 31st or is that the date the pre-sale begins?  

Also, how quickly do games sell on on the site?  PS3 version of Oddworld Stranger's Wrath was released for PS3 a month ago and is already sold out.  I'm going to get a copy off eBay but the markup is going to be considerable.

Thanks.

...god dammit I forgot to buy Bloodstained Curse of the Moon on Vita yesterday.

1 hour ago, Doc Townsend said:

So I just discovered Limited Run Games this week.  So much goodness.  I'm sad I didn't buy a PS4 earlier and get in on the ground floor of the site.  So many good games already sold out and i much prefer physical media to digital.  Fortunately, eBay has a lot of copies of various games.

Their Twitter says that Axiom Verge is finally being released for the Wii U at the end of the month.  i definitely want to grab a copy, but I'm not really sure what is happening.  I don't see the game listed at all on their website.  So is the game going to be for sale on the 31st or is that the date the pre-sale begins?  

Also, how quickly do games sell on on the site?  PS3 version of Oddworld Stranger's Wrath was released for PS3 a month ago and is already sold out.  I'm going to get a copy off eBay but the markup is going to be considerable.

Thanks.

Most sell out within a few days.  Some of them sell out within minutes.  Your mention of them reminds me that I forgot to be online when Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon for Vita went up yesterday, and I missed out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

So I just discovered Limited Run Games this week.  So much goodness.  Axiom Verge is finally being released for the Wii U at the end of the month.  i definitely want to grab a copy, but I'm not really sure what is happening.  I don't see the game listed at all on their website.  So is the game going to be for sale on the 31st or is that the date the pre-sale begins?  

Axiom Verge for the Wii-U will be my first LRG purchase if all goes well. sorry i don't have more info, just wanted to share my enthusiasm as well.

• Like 1

Video games aren't supposed to make me tear up, especially when I see what's going to happen a mile away. Dammit Spider-Man.

Insominac got me, I thought they were gonna pull a MGS2 for a minute there and I would've been ok with it.

I've been buying Limited Run stuff on Vita for a little bit now and those sell out in literal minutes. Having your credit card information on auto-complete was a must to pick up Spelunky, for example.

I picked up some of the better cheap LRG stuff first and keep a few on my eBay watch list - nabbed 2064:ROM and that dope new Darius games below market that way. Most indy retro game stores that I hit up have a deal with LRG for multiple copies on release - and around half of the stores price the games fairly. But I can only speak for Vita.

• Like 1

I listened to a podcast about LR Games, and, yeah, they were talking about how some of the titles have sold out in literally a couple minutes.

I set up a profile on the site and added my address.  Not to sound like an old guy, but.... how do I get my credit card info on auto complete?  No idea how to do that?  Do they take PayPal or just CC?

I'm definitely getting Axiom one way or another.  If I miss out on the sale, I'll just turn to eBay and pay whatever insane markup a seller feels like charging me.

I put my info in when they did their Blind Box sale and I dunno, I must have told my computer to remember it. 

Axiom's pretty easy to grab physical on other systems, I always almost buy it pre-owned at Gamestop when I see it. A good-ass game coming out after some production controversy, well after the system is dead?  That might be a feeding frenzy.

Or not! Midway through writing this I looked up the amount they're pressing and it's 6,000 copies. That's a ton for LRG. Not counting Switch releases they've only made that many copies of something a handful of times, and it's at least double their average. If you're online when things open up you should be fine.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2