DVDVR Message Board

2019 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

What is an arm and a leg in this case?  I got a bundle with a HyperX Cloud II and Rainbow 6 Siege 3 years ago and it was 70 bucks.   I never used the microphone and never installed siege.  Pretty much just use it as a headphone set for home recording.  The 7.1 stuff seems pointless.  Seems to hover around 80-90 now.  The aluminum frame means yer really going to have to stomp on it to destroy it. 

The best headphones I ever had are koss portapros.  But the foam covering one of the ears got ripped and I don't know what I need to order a replacement.  I bought them used so I don't have that lifetime warranty.  Maybe I should get drunk on the internet and order a new set.  Amazing headphones.  They just look like old shitty walkman headphones but they ain't.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 9:33 PM, Death From Above said:

The KoToR games have held up for sure. Shit, it's actually better to play 2 now than when it was new because you can just install that community patch thing on Steam that radically improves the experience, including a whole cut content sequence with the HK factory.

The first game is pretty close to a flawless, big silly Star Wars adventure. Revan, HK-47, and Jolee Bindo are probably 3 of my 5 favourite Star Wars characters. HK-47 might actually be the best sidekick of all-time.

Correction: what sort of irrational meatbag calls HK-47 a sidekick?  Does this misnomer reveal a subconscious desire to be kicked in the side?  That can be arranged, although given a specific side is not indicated, it's only sensible to be sure and kick both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've never played the cut content as I didn't buy KotOR 2 on Steam (KotOR didn't have controller support, and I never bothered to download a player-created fix or to buy the second KotOR, which I think does have controller support), but I can only imagine a whole factory's worth of HK-47s. Madness!

3 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

This is my favourite headline in gaming so far this year.

So Bethesda bans the guy for using a feature of their game? Why don't they patch it out then?

Oh wait, because every time Bethesda patches something in Fallout '76, it crashes the game. I forgot.

This is simple.  Are you going to play it immediately?  I'm talking blow through it this weekend in two sittings style and have no other games you've bought unbeaten.  Or are you wishy washy with a bunch of unfinished shit?  If it's even a question wait 'til you are really going to play it then buy it.  Within 3 months it will be super cheap even on console.

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

This is my favourite headline in gaming so far this year.

He was using one of the duplication exploits Bethesda has been trying to eliminate to create hundreds of thousands on the rarest ammo type in the game. Its not even a full blown ban so much as a temporary suspension they are handing out to various others who used duplication exploits as well. Seems like they are likely to be reinstated within the next couple of updates.

6 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

So Bethesda bans the guy for using a feature of their game? Why don't they patch it out then? 

Oh wait, because every time Bethesda patches something in Fallout '76, it crashes the game. I forgot. 

Its an exploit/glitch they are working to fix. Might have taken care it in the latest patch, not really sure. Due to the way these games are designed the heavy amount of duping actually fucks up server stability a tremendous amount.

Also the game crashing from one patch was just PC and was fixed a while back.

12 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm kind of struggling on what to do about Resident Evil 2 Remake. I really want to play it, but I kind of want to wait for an all-in-one edition rather than paying full price for a deluxe edition or a regular edition now. 

Get it.  The only thing you're missing with the Deluxe or "season pass" stuff are costumes, the RE1 handguns that are *slightly* better than the defaults but have no upgrades so the defaults pass them quick, and the OG soundtrack.  All that stuff is available ala carte.  The Ghost Survivors was free DLC that was actually patched into the game via update and not a seperate DLC download.  I got the Deluxe and the only thing I use from it is the Soundtrack and occasinally the Noir costumes.

And I don't think they have any more DLC planned, at least pay wise.  The sales of this have pretty much guaranteed RE3 Remake so they're already commiting resources to that.

Playing the first KH game for the first time in years, I literally remember nothing.

However, making the worst mechanic (the jumping) the main facet to beating one of your earliest bosses (the Shadow in Wonderland) is a dick move.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:11 AM, assfax said:

This is simple.  Are you going to play it immediately?  I'm talking blow through it this weekend in two sittings style and have no other games you've bought unbeaten.  Or are you wishy washy with a bunch of unfinished shit?  If it's even a question wait 'til you are really going to play it then buy it.  Within 3 months it will be super cheap even on console.

If you're going to blow through it in a weekend, you can also spend $7 I think on a Red Box 3 night rental and do it that way.

Got my 135th Platinum trophy with Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist. Probably one of the worst AAA stealth games I've seen. Perfectionist difficulty is honestly no different than regular/easy difficulty except for amount of damage. Ubisoft mysteriously shut down daily and weekly challenges, so those trophies are unobtainable.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I picked up The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia. The closest thing I can compare this game to would be if Typing of the Dead was a bullet hell game released for the Super Nintendo. So of course, I love it. The soundtrack is fantastic.

I really need to get Textorcist.  

Something stupid I hadn't thought of in close to 30 years: Stompin', the first game I ever saw with a foot plate instead of hand controls. You had a grid of spaces on the floor and had to step on bugs to keep them away from the food in the center of the screen.  I have described this game to dozens of people who swear I made it up, but IMDB says it's real.