DVDVR Message Board

2019 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

7 hours ago, Liam said:

I picked up KH1.5 and 2.5 collection to try and do just that. Probably am not going to get even close, but meh.

My sister picked those up for me 2 Christmases ago. Been planning to play through them, but kept putting if off because I liked playing rpgs in private. My room situation has been different for a hwile now so I really should get to it soon.

58 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I can think of probably 3 spots you could be at, and I had that reaction at all of them.

I posted that after I finished

That should clue you in to which one specifically I meant

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:22 AM, JLSigman said:

Jade Empire trademark filed by EA.

I have... concerns.......

So do I. 

Development for Jade Empire came at the expense of KOTOR and development of Dragon Age: Origins killed Jade Empire 2.  

I can only imagine what Bioware will end up shelving so that Jade Empire 2 can go into production, if it ever does.  

Is Bioware the sole company out that apparently can only begin work on games by destroying the work going into other games?

• Sad 1

Late to the party with my PS+ stats, but my top three games:

• PES 2018 - 130 hours
  • RDR 2 - 127 hours (!!!) (I did play this instead of watching any TV except for live soccer and basketball matches whenever I was just relaxing, to be fair)
  • Yakuza 0 - 90 hours

Somehow, I put in 890 hours of gameplay on this console in one year...and I have a Switch and a PC too. And I've played a ton of Pixel Puzzle Collection on mobile. 

This whole exercise was depressing. 

Well, I'm about to play this apex game.

Two hours later:  It's ok.  I don't give a shit about these overwatch battle royal games. I lived 22 minutes and was in the final 2 teams hiding in a bush then died as soon as I saw a badguy. Needs a basic deathmatch mode so I actually get a feel for the shooting.  I fired zero bullets 'til the last 2 seconds. I didn't immediately uninstall it so it's already drinking Anthem's milkshake.  Why anyone would play that over this is mindboggling.  Hobbled their own bigass game right before it came out.  It was already wounded.

It was nice being in on a gaming event before all the children master the thing within 7 hours.

Regarding Apex Legends

Apparently that is what Titanfall 3 is/was

Basically Respawn came out and said they aren't making Titanfall 3 and that everything they had worked on previously is what became Apex Legends