DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

If you're a major executive for a major company, and have issues with your teeth...it's probably super easy to get them fixed.

That has already been suggested...

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

That has already been suggested...

*snip*

Cornette is still useful for his Kevin Dunne vitriol and stories/knowledge of wrestling up to 1997. He can keep his opinions on modern wrestling to himself, but I really enjoy listening to him regale about the golden years. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

What is an "Australian Type" match?

What territory had Waco? 

And why would you have the Fabulous Kangaroos on your card but have them working as singles?

Australian matches were what they originally called Tag matches (Trios matches in AAA and CMLL are still called Relevos Australianos)  I'm not sure how a singles match qualifies, maybe it turned into a schmozz and Costello/Hess got involved?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

018_mimicalacool--3248801b2e44c90fa3720c

018_mimicalacool--3248801b2e44c90fa3720c

This is me just testing to see if the setting tweaks are working (and a comparison of the same link posted before and after)

But in direct answer to Natural - In the last year, with Taker basically acknowledging that he is done with wrestling he has stopped protecting the gimmick if you will. There are a couple of WWE Network documentary type things that he has participated in and, like you mentioned, the WWE has started acknowledging the man more

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I had a very similar Sharks Starter jacket in middle school and Jr. High. I also had a black one.

The Sharks vintage jerseys are so much better than their current ones. I had an Arturs Irbe Sharks jersey. 

TBF to Dave - Starter relaunched that line of jackets a few years back - so it may no necessarily be a 20 year od jacket ?

So they are pretending that Crown Jewel show never happened already? Is that Aussie show where the young lad won the 205 belt stricken from history too? 

Next time they bring up Titus' ring slide, they'll say it was at the actual Royal Rumble, not the Greatest. Although it wouldn't have happened at the actual, because he'd have been riding the big boy golf cart.

12 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

TBF to Dave - Starter relaunched that line of jackets a few years back - so it may no necessarily be a 20 year od jacket ?

If your life depended on it, what would be your guess? lol

Are you saying I could pick up one of those dope Charlotte Hornets Starter jackets new?

It's the old Sharks logo, they updated it in 2008. The Shark is all black and the nose juts out more, the current one has teal on the shark head and a nose that flows more into the jaw.

At the very least it's a 12 year old jacket, but might be older. It's a dead match for this 90s one, but I don't know how long they kept this one in production. Maybe Big Dave only busts it out for special occasions and that's why its in such good condition?

b6UZXB6.jpg

Full disclosure, I also had a Sharks Starter jacket in the 90s. Different style. Just had the Sharks script on the pocket and the white and black paneling on the arms only.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

not brushing his teeth by the looks of it

How is it that Kevin Dunn hasn't been an on-screen character for at least one appearance just for Vince to mock his looks?

He is super sensitive about it. He would probably quit. 

• Like 1

So Marty, why are you trying to green screen out your fingers? Doing a Yakuza gimmick? Or are you going to digitally add Sabertooth claws in post production or something?

• Haha 4