DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

23 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

To try to get in the spirit for the Royal Rumble

rumble1989.jpg

STILL my favorite 1 & 2 in Rumble history. Made even better by the fact that number 3 was Andre. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

View image on Twitter

I hate to sound like I have a stick up my butt.... but.... Dave is arguably the most influential wrestling journalist around.  Would it kill him to dress like a professional?  I'm struggling to think of a sports journalist covering any legit sport who would go to a live event looking like that,  And I've sat in the bleachers with some shifty looking baseball beat writers who dressed like they raided Capt. Lou Albano's closet (granted, they were also mostly functional alcoholics so professional dress was low on their list of priorities).

• Like 1

Someone should tell Dave it's January and ugly sweater contests are usually run around Christmas time in December.

It looks more like an Evel Knievel tribute than a Miami Dolphins sweater.

15 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Someone should tell Dave it's January and ugly sweater contests are usually run around Christmas time in December.

It looks more like an Evel Knievel tribute than a Miami Dolphins sweater.

The San Jose Sharks Starter jacket Dave is holding beats the shit out of the Dolphins sweater.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

A glimpse at how the ladies tag titles are gonna look, plus some info:

Hide contents

So the only damn reason we didn't get a proper tournament and belts last year  before or for Evolution is because they disliked the designs from then.

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

So Osamu Nishimura wrestled on both teams in the tag match?

While there was a time I would have loved to see Nishimura wrestle himself -  Masanobu Fuchi who teamed with Yoshitatsu

7 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Apparently y'all don't know how sports reporters dress when they know they won't be on camera at an event.

You mean like folks who have been dumpster-diving behind the Goodwill Industries facility? Just look for the group of apparently homeless people who happen to have really good seats. That would be the sports reporters.

BTW: WTF is that abomination that Dave is wearing? I had pyjamas like that when I was 7 or 8... Shit, Dave's a year younger than I am and looks like he has me by at least a decade, what the hell has he been doing to himself? I thought he was the guy that worked out all the time, while I generally lift nothing heavier than a cup of coffee these days. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I see an oversight there, BAY BAY.

Yep:

Screen_Shot_2018_01_28_at_8.45.36_PM.png

I was searching for the series of tweets where Chuck Taylor and Excalibur were making fun of the tapped ribs, but they've apparently been deleted.

Chuck Taylor basically was saying he was fat and covering his gut with the bandage and Excalibur said it looked like the type of injury you got from eating a three layer wedding cake.