DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

23 minutes ago, elizium said:

Poor, stupid Savage

And of course Savage jumps over the top rope in the 92 Rumble when he wasn't supposed to. Anyone know if that was just poorly booked or was Savage not thinking straight?

1 hour ago, Swiftian said:

And of course Savage jumps over the top rope in the 92 Rumble when he wasn't supposed to. Anyone know if that was just poorly booked or was Savage not thinking straight?

That was done to get him out of the match, without him coming into conflict with Flair, Sid or Hogan. He hated Roberts more than he wanted the title. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Victator said:

That was done to get him out of the match, without him coming into conflict with Flair, Sid or Hogan. He hated Roberts more than he wanted the title. 

I always thought that too, but he does go back in though and gets dumped by Sid/Flair in the final 4

10 hours ago, Swiftian said:

Force of habit.  That's how he left the ring when he was on a roll and he forgot he was in a battle royal.  Even the legends botch.

43 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

hit-man-vs-diesel-bret-hitman-hart-14124 

Still the best match Diesel/Kevin Nash ever had.

Also I want to ask. Does anybody know if they took inspiration from Paul Varelans Vs. Marco Ruas? Both happened the same year, and both matches had a central theme of big man beating up little guy. While the little guy was going after the big man’s leg any chance he got, leading to the little guy winning.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I am impressed he can still crouch down that low. 

They dug up Bob Hoskins and had him wear the gear. In reality it's from super small indy show and I'm not remotely sure who the guy even is. I know a lot of the other guys in the photo. Atsushi Maruyama friends from Osaka Pro and what not.

4 hours ago, Edwin said:

It seems like it's from a small Japanese indy called 999 which ran a show in Shin Kiba.

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

They dug up Bob Hoskins and had him wear the gear. In reality it's from super small indy show and I'm not remotely sure who the guy even is. I know a lot of the other guys in the photo. Atsushi Maruyama friends from Osaka Pro and what not.

Yeah, that can’t be Kawada. I know he’s aged a lot, but his hair wasn’t that bad the last time I saw him. Unless he’s been wearing a hair piece, along with the false teeth all these years.