DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

The best way to get Kenny over with the WWE audience that doesn’t know him would be to put him with New Day.

It’s just a bonus that it would also lead to people complaining about him being buried.

Or what about a three month feud with Dolph Ziggler. What about that?

• Haha 1

Just now, Matt D said:

Or what about a three month feud with Dolph Ziggler. What about that?

Or a feud with Big Show. Or Kane. Who cares if he's a mayor?

Three months later...

"Dammit pal! This guy with the Bret Hart hair just isn't over with the crowd! I need these guys from Japan to be more like AJ and you just gave me another bigger Hornswaggle."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

WWE should figure out how to use the 500 wrestlers they have under contract before worrying about Kenny 

Don't worry, they're going to sign 600 more.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Here's the thing: the amount of money it would cost to sign Kenny would put them in a position where they have to push him as a top guy to justify the cost. I don't think they'd bury him unless it completely flopped. I don't know I trust creative to get him over with people who don't know him though.

I'd rather he does NJPW with a side of AEW, but if he comes to Stamford, I'm fine with it.

A boatload of money didn’t stop them from half-heartedly pushing Big Show, Mark Henry, Alberto Del Rio, Shinsuke Nakamura... etc.

• Like 1

I saw someone elsewhere say if WWE signed Kenny, he would fill Cena's shoes and would become the next Rock...

watmeme.jpg

This is the weirdest time ever with money I think. In any other era, the WWE might pay Omega a boatload of money to come in because they feel like they can push him and make money. But now, they have already made more money in their history before they even put on a show.

18 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm not sure how much you should hope for this in WWE - if it happens there, it's a squash. 

Probably depends on how Brock feels. He's proven he can have great matches with smaller great worker types when he's up to it.

• Like 2

I feel like the Omega to WWE rumors were probably leaked by the Elite to make it seem more “surprising” when Omega shows up at the AEW rally.  It will give them a perceived early victory over WWE by signing the hottest free agent in professional wrestling history.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I feel like the Omega to WWE rumors were probably leaked by the Elite to make it seem more “surprising” when Omega shows up at the AEW rally.  It will give them a perceived early victory over WWE by signing the hottest free agent in professional wrestling history.

Assuming the reports that NJPW and AEW are not working together are true, then he probably can't be at the rally. He's still under contract until the 31st.

If everyone is working Dave in order to work all of us, then who knows?

7 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm sure his feud with Arya Daivari will be super.

I would rather watch that than anyone Omega is going to end up wrestling

9 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

It just occurred to me that AEW would be greatly improved if it became All Wrestling Elite -- AWE.

Then if it tanks, we can all be like, "AWE shit!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Poor poor KUSHIDA

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm sure his feud with Arya Daivari will be super.

I mentioned it in the WK13 thread, but Kushida and Tozawa will end up teaming and feuding with KENTA and Daivari because all Japanese wrestlers in WWE have to either team or feud, with the exception of Nakamura...for now.

Watched that Super Dragon 3 disc Destruction set a little bit ago -- it's up on the Highspots Wrestling Network.

It reminded me -- how great was Bobby Quance. Sucks we never got a full run of him anywhere as he only stuck around for a little bit mostly working California indys.

I'm going to have to go back and re-watch some of those classic APW garage matches with that old crew.

#ClickWrestle4Lyfe