DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

At a sports bar watching the game. Lull in play. Guy notices my phone cover of a photo i took at Wrestlemania and starts asking me about the WWF when it was still good and what Rock and Austin were up to. Then "what about the hobo guy with the mask whod jack off into a sock and then shove the jizz sock down their throat? Is he still banned from tv?"

Politely tell him that wasnt what he did, and start focusing on the tv praying the Texans make it interesting. Nope. He's brought up photos on his phone from when he first debuted of Taker foaming at the mouth after a beatdown as proof it happened back in the day but you cant do that on PG tv anymore.

Its not even 11.30 in the morning here..

• Like 4
  • Haha 16

55 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

At a sports bar watching the game. Lull in play. Guy notices my phone cover of a photo i took at Wrestlemania and starts asking me about the WWF when it was still good and what Rock and Austin were up to. Then "what about the hobo guy with the mask whod jack off into a sock and then shove the jizz sock down their throat? Is he still banned from tv?"

Politely tell him that wasnt what he did, and start focusing on the tv praying the Texans make it interesting. Nope. He's brought up photos on his phone from when he first debuted of Taker foaming at the mouth after a beatdown as proof it happened back in the day but you cant do that on PG tv anymore.

Its not even 11.30 in the morning here..

It's really not too early in the day to get drunk as a way to shut down conversations.  We'll pretend not to judge you for it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

9 years ago, the Second Monday Night War Monday Night Massacre began.

I know that Eric B isn't really reponsible for anything if you believe him, but this has to go down as the dumbest business decisions in wrestling history. 

I'm pretty sure Road Dogg deleted his tweet, which amounted to "she has no dignity or class". Gail Kim didn't like it either, wishing instead Priscilla Kelly would have told a story in the ring with her talents instead.

Tommy Dreamer likened it to Mr. Socko (calling it Ms. Stinkflo), and doesn't have a problem with it.

EDIT: Hey, Road Dogg didn't delete it. Just posted a half-hearted apology. Here's the original tweet.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Casey said:

Dignity and personal pride. Right, like being fired for being too fucked up in a match, endangering the three other wrestlers involved. Fuck Road Dogg, least talented member of the Armstrong family.

• Like 4

To be fair, someone else brought that up, along with the DX gimmick and drug references, etc. - and he said at the time he had no dignity and personal pride, and he regrets doing all of that "and I'm sure she will too".

Road Dogg literally works for a man who dry-humped a dummy in a casket at a funeral home while wearing a flesh-colored thong. All while his boss' future father-in-law is barking PUSH HARDER as said boss thrusts the dummy until her spaghetti brains explode. 

Heck, Drake Maverick is wrestling's current Baby Wettums and that happened less than two months ago. And on the WWE clock.

Big E and diaper pancakes. Mandy Rose being a would-be tramp. The Anvil's death and Roman's leukemia as plot devices.

Priscilla Kelly should be the least of Dogg's professional concerns.

• Like 5

Wonder how many of those people in the WWE currently on their high horse realize she was in this year's Mae Young Classic.  So if she has no "dignity or pride" what does that say about his best friend who helped in some of the decisions of the competitors.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wonder how many of those people in the WWE currently on their high horse realize she was in this year's Mae Young Classic.  So if she has no "dignity or pride" what does that say about his best friend who helped in some of the decisions of the competitors.  

Which means she's on the radar for an eventual NXT call and they probably know her character is pretty wild. But leave it to some to forget that.

It's really the same as Su Yung gagging women with a blood-splattered rag, just more on the nose in terms of approach.

• Like 1

I'm ok with it once but if it becomes like the joey Ryan dick stuff where it's just her whole thing I'm out

This is a fucked up story but one time my high School girlfriend threw one at me while I was in the shower during an argument and I really have not ever been the same so I'm real biased

Edit

I kinda sat here and thought about what wrestling is at heart though and that were all talking about it and that she'll at least make a little dough off it somehow and now I'm more ok with it. The only way I guess that it's a bad move is if HHH/NXT become aware/uncomfortable about it then it probably was dumb buy other than that whatever make your fuckin paper I guess

I think Joey Ryan had the best take: if it gets over and makes money, it's good. If not, it'll fade away. It's worth pointing out it was at a 21+ show at a bar.

I'm not personally entertained, but I'm not really offended or anything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think Joey Ryan had the best take: if it gets over and makes money, it's good. If not, it'll fade away. It's worth pointing out it was at a 21+ show at a bar.

I'm not personally entertained, but I'm not really offended or anything.

Hadn't seen his response just brought him up coincidentally  as the  other most genital adjacent indie worker going. But he does probably sum up my feelings best, though your own personal reaction probably does more so

8 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm pretty sure Road Dogg deleted his tweet, which amounted to "she has no dignity or class". Gail Kim didn't like it either, wishing instead Priscilla Kelly would have told a story in the ring with her talents instead.

Tommy Dreamer likened it to Mr. Socko (calling it Ms. Stinkflo), and doesn't have a problem with it.

EDIT: Hey, Road Dogg didn't delete it. Just posted a half-hearted apology. Here's the original tweet.

Wasn’t he the head writer during the Jinder, and Shinsuke feud? 

I know who AEW should go after.

41 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Going off about "dignity" when talking about pro wrestling is stupid because who cares, but if this happened on Raw you know y'all would RUSH to the board to shit on it. 

Raw is broadcast to millions and allows kids to watch. 

This was at a small indy show where you had to be over 21 to attend. 

• Like 3

It was shocking and of questionable taste but I can’t get with this whole “this is what brings wrestling down” argument, that I keep seeing on twitter, when we have seen some pretty disturbing stuff over the years and the industry keeps on trucking along lol 

• Like 2