DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Without going into all the details, Dave is reporting Ronda is likely finishing up with WWE at Mania

Ronda Rousey's had a hell of a rookie year, her debut in a mixed tag with Kurt Angle versus Triple H/Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania XXXIV was the Match of the Night, vs. Nia Jax and Charlotte Flair, the latter at Survivor Series is her best singles to date.

We're getting Ronda Rousey vs. Sasha Banks at the Royal Rumble this weekend and she'll likely be in the main event of WrestleMania XXXV versus Becky Lynch or with Charlotte Flair in a Triple Threat match. I think it'll be the latter.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The aforementioned Savage/Hennig match

Someone with a better memory than me can state why DDP was beefing with Hennig

Hennig debuted as a mystery partner with DDP at Bash at the Beach against Savage / Hall, and turned on him right out of the shoot...this was a couple months before he turned on the Horsemen and joined the NWO.

So unless they book her against Becky Lynch or at the very least a 3 way with Becky and Charlotte; we are going to get a repeat of Brock vs Goldberg at WM 20?

it would be hilarious if they do give her the Brock treatment and the title only shows up once every 4 or 5 months

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This is why it should be becky in there one on one and hand Ronda her first loss (singles loss) but of course Charlotte will be involved for reasons that cannot be explained.

I think they have been explained here repeatedly. :)

I hope Charlotte's in there to make it a three way. Finishes business still open from Survivor Series and TLC, and it'll be better than a Becky singles match. 

Plus Charlotte being in the mix gives Becky fans something to be paranoid about. That's where most of her heat comes from anyway.

It's a win-win-win.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This is why it should be becky in there one on one and hand Ronda her first loss (singles loss) but of course Charlotte will be involved for reasons that cannot be explained.

Again - they can be explained just not to the liking of pretty much anyone not named Vince McMahon or Dave Meltzer

BTW - Pro Wrestling Sheet added a note that Rousey always had in her contract that she could leave "if she wanted to start a family" (I doubt that is the language in the contract, I am just quoting PWS there.)

Ronda supposedly notified the WWE before Survivor Series that she wanted to wrap up around Mania

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

From Dave ...

That’s another reason why the three-way instead of Rousey vs. Lynch as a single makes the most sense for Mania, because you want both Flair and Lynch to have that spot going forward as being the first women to headline a WrestleMania show.

Would be a bit disappointing if Ronda left so soon. I at least wanted a proper heel turn, a Bayley match, and a team up with Shayna before she was gone or regulated to special attraction. On other hand I would welcome Shayna reigning as the supreme evil in her place.

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

The Undertaker vs. Eddie Guerrero in a singles match as both were on Smackdown from 2002 till Eddie sadly passed away in November 2005. Both took part in a Fatal Four Way match with JBL and Booker T at Armageddon 2004.

The answer is Shawn Michaels/Eddie Guerrero. 

• Sad 2

My favorite is the TMZ story is literally Meltzer's report just with a clickbait headline in the other direction

Meaning - Dave's story was basically "Ronda eventually moving from full time to part time"

So TMZ goes RONDA IS NOT LEAVING!!!!! and goes "while her reps say she is happy, she might take some time off"