DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

We peaked with Kaientai vs Val Venis, frankly.

Yeah but imagine if instead of the JYD being blinded in Mid South, he got forcibly circumcised instead. Or instead of Shawn being put on the shelf with a well timed enziguiri, they produced Tell Me A Lie because Jim Cornette tried snipping him some. Or Steamboat's larynx was just fine, but Savage hit him with the ring bell a lot lower.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 1:18 PM, Ziggy said:

Not saying that being Champ doesn't benefit how your perceived by the audience but in WWE it doesn't mean your the main priority in that given division. Charlotte has been the only person besides Brock that theyve invested in as keeping Credible and Strong long term. From her debut she was built up and kept Credible. Everyone else has come across as having a turn as a champ except maybe Alexa. Charlotte went almost 3 years without a PPV loss. Who else has been that protected. I  think Charlotte has really grown to match the push shes gotten but I thought she was least of the 4 horsewomen and the others shouldve been pushed as hard as her over her. She is alot better now except she's a Face. The Problem with Sasha is that Women like Alexa is being pushed over her and she represents the same WWE prototype of a womens wrestler that they thought they got past. Plus she's been transitional champ 3 times already. I also think that Sasha sees the Womens tag titles as just throwing her and Bayley a Bone because she is going to be in the main event picture (Assuming they are the first to win). Honestly I don't think WWE would want to lose any of the 4 horsewomen but I could see Sasha leaving if AEW really has plans for a strong Division. It's crazy that guys on the roster are all of a sudden vocally frustrated with their spots in the past 3 weeks. 

I think what you’re sating gives credence to the idea that everyone is better off if they have somewhere else to go. There is no doubt in my mind that all four guys in the revival/Hawkins & Ryder thing have st least made noise about, if not outright asked for their releases. Sasha, Bayley and Ruby Riott are all girls I could see leaving sooner rather than later. Sign Tessa and maybe Taya Valkyrie in top of that and you’ve got a REAL solid division. Wwe doesn’t have competition yet, but the idea of AEW making enough noise to at least inconvenience Stamford is more real than I think some people realize...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't remember the last time I saw Jojo announcing on RAW.  What's going on there? 

Mike Johnson reported yesterday that she is "dealing with a personal situation"

He said that she has no heat with the office

15 hours ago, just drew said:

I think what you’re sating gives credence to the idea that everyone is better off if they have somewhere else to go. There is no doubt in my mind that all four guys in the revival/Hawkins & Ryder thing have st least made noise about, if not outright asked for their releases. Sasha, Bayley and Ruby Riott are all girls I could see leaving sooner rather than later. Sign Tessa and maybe Taya Valkyrie in top of that and you’ve got a REAL solid division. Wwe doesn’t have competition yet, but the idea of AEW making enough noise to at least inconvenience Stamford is more real than I think some people realize...

I'm not suggesting that anyone specifically should leave, maybe so, but I  definitely helps if you have a good  option, I you did have to many people ready to leave 18 years ago when TNA started up so I'm just intrigued that guys in the WWE are open about their unhappiness, your always gonna have guys discontent in that company but until now we are hearing it openly by people on the payroll. It will be interesting if Sasha will be featured as prominently after this match with Ronda give her hinting that she wants to leave because we know the company likes to put talent in the doghouse for stuff like that. I'm sure AEW is good to really build up their Women's division especially if they here that there are women willing to jump. They already have Joshi talent coming in. They could really out do the WWE Women's Evolution especially if people jump. Impact has a nice division but they haven't created a buzz even though TNAs Women's division was some of the best stuff in the history of that company and ROH wasnt put much effort in theirs.

20 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Yeah but imagine if instead of the JYD being blinded in Mid South, he got forcibly circumcised instead. Or instead of Shawn being put on the shelf with a well timed enziguiri, they produced Tell Me A Lie because Jim Cornette tried snipping him some. Or Steamboat's larynx was just fine, but Savage hit him with the ring bell a lot lower.

Since Vince McMahon is so behind on pop culture maybe he'll catch the Bobby Hill "That's My Purse" episode of King of the Hill and have someone running around kicking dudes in their fellas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happjack said:

Since Vince McMahon is so behind on pop culture maybe he'll catch the Bobby Hill "That's My Purse" episode of King of the Hill and have someone running around kicking dudes in their fellas.

That was the crux of the Nakamura/Styles feud for a while.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, happjack said:

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2019 at 5:53 AM, Goodear said:

Dear indy wrestlers.  Consider the amount of scorn and mockery you get from the hardcore fans for blowing spots.  Then consider the fans in the building saw this blown spot barely responded.  Then consider this is the 3rd crazy stupid spot that has made the rounds recently (the 450 splash through the table on the outside and the basketball hoop spot) and no one knows who you are.  There is something wrong here boys.  Do you want to end up in the hospital for a couple hundred bucks at best?

Couple hundred?

There's like, 7 people in that room. I would assume most are friends/family of guys making their debuts or at least starting out.

More likely these guys are paying the promoter for 'training'  sessions & working for free 'for the experience'.

I mentioned this in the Impact thread but I wanted to mention it here.

The list of long time folks who didn't work WWE seems to have shrunk as Abyss (along with Sonjay Dutt) have left Impact and are "WWE Bound"

Now it seems more like both are doing coaching/agent/creative work so Abyss might not actually wrestle but I could also seem him being a surprise in Rumble 

But yeah - the never did anything WWE related list of guys from like the last 20-25 years is really tiny

• Like 1

Just now, MonteCarl said:

2. Would he be able to use the name and gimmick of Abyss in WWE?

I am almost positive he owns the rights to the gimmick - if it’s a one off then I doubt the WWE would care much

If they plan on making him a regular character then I could see him being Abyzz or something 

I want to see Abyss work on the Main roster even if he does the Joseph Park type gimmick. It's not like he looks passed by. I think guys like him or even Homicide If you bring guys like that as trainers or Coaches atleast let them enter the Rumble or be evolved into some angle  so that thet can say they got on WWE TV

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Does anyone actually WANT Abyss to wrestle?

As a guy that's been around for a long time and did everything ever asked of him, getting a one off on the big stage (because let's face it, WWE is the biggest stage, it's the MLB to everyone else's Minors and has been for 18 years now) it something he deserves.  

Now on the regular, well that's a different story.

• Like 4