DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

11 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

If anything, Becky Lynch "not being in the title picture" or being a star is more representative of how face-heavy the Smackdown women were.

At that time, any problem boiled down to:

Becky Lynch is a very good wrestler, very popular with the fans, and absolutely deserves to be the champion.

Naomi is also a very good wrestler, very popular with fans, and absolutely deserves to be the champion.

Charlotte Flair is also a very good wrestler, very popular with fans, and absolutely deserves to be the champion.

BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE TITLE, AND THEY CAN'T SHARE IT!!!!!!!!!

That's been the whole problem with the Smackdown women for the whole time: The face/heel dynamic is so utterly broken that it becomes impossible to make good storylines. The top five women on Smackdown are faces, and all five are at the point the fans won't LET WWE turn any of them heel. 

Not saying that being Champ doesn't benefit how your perceived by the audience but in WWE it doesn't mean your the main priority in that given division. Charlotte has been the only person besides Brock that theyve invested in as keeping Credible and Strong long term. From her debut she was built up and kept Credible. Everyone else has come across as having a turn as a champ except maybe Alexa. Charlotte went almost 3 years without a PPV loss. Who else has been that protected. I  think Charlotte has really grown to match the push shes gotten but I thought she was least of the 4 horsewomen and the others shouldve been pushed as hard as her over her. She is alot better now except she's a Face. The Problem with Sasha is that Women like Alexa is being pushed over her and she represents the same WWE prototype of a womens wrestler that they thought they got past. Plus she's been transitional champ 3 times already. I also think that Sasha sees the Womens tag titles as just throwing her and Bayley a Bone because she is going to be in the main event picture (Assuming they are the first to win). Honestly I don't think WWE would want to lose any of the 4 horsewomen but I could see Sasha leaving if AEW really has plans for a strong Division. It's crazy that guys on the roster are all of a sudden vocally frustrated with their spots in the past 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

giphy.gif

It's not that controversial, from what I've seen. Besides AJ not really getting the point of that Gilette commerical. There was a pretty offensive t-shirt being advertised right before his segment, but obviously he doesn't have control of that.

But, then again, AJ Styles "thinks flat earthers make some good points", so... not the brightest guy.

While an UUDD video - it's just Breeze and Corbin telling travelling stories

Also to tie into recent discussion "OMG! BREEZE LEFT AFTER THE 6TH MATCH! HEAT WITH THE OFFICE!"

I am still always entertained to learn who rides with rides with who

15 hours ago, Edwin said:

?

Dear indy wrestlers.  Consider the amount of scorn and mockery you get from the hardcore fans for blowing spots.  Then consider the fans in the building saw this blown spot barely responded.  Then consider this is the 3rd crazy stupid spot that has made the rounds recently (the 450 splash through the table on the outside and the basketball hoop spot) and no one knows who you are.  There is something wrong here boys.  Do you want to end up in the hospital for a couple hundred bucks at best?

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

Dear indy wrestlers.  Consider the amount of scorn and mockery you get from the hardcore fans for blowing spots.  Then consider the fans in the building saw this blown spot barely responded.  Then consider this is the 3rd crazy stupid spot that has made the rounds recently (the 450 splash through the table on the outside and the basketball hoop spot) and no one knows who you are.  There is something wrong here boys.  Do you want to end up in the hospital for a couple hot dogs at best?

FTFY

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

We peaked with Kaientai vs Val Venis, frankly.

Yeah but imagine if instead of the JYD being blinded in Mid South, he got forcibly circumcised instead. Or instead of Shawn being put on the shelf with a well timed enziguiri, they produced Tell Me A Lie because Jim Cornette tried snipping him some. Or Steamboat's larynx was just fine, but Savage hit him with the ring bell a lot lower.

• Like 1