DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

When did people start saying "Vince has lost it" or "wow, WWE creative is shit".  I know it's been going on as long as I've been posting on message boards but maybe it's been going on even long than that.  

I wasn't on boards in 1999/2000 so I knew watching WCW back then it was awful and I stopped watching it most weeks but I didn't realize others did as well except my friends who also stopped watching it.  I had no clue about ratings and booking.  

By 2003 Triple H and Evolution had become a thing and that's really when I first remember people saying WWE is shit and the booking is shit and "burials" etc. 

I don't think WWE has been shit since 2003 by the way.  There's been some good years.  I remember loving much of 2012 as an example. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Samoa Joe's rebuttal to Corbin was great. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was along the lines of "That's the difference between you and me. You had to make a call to get into nxt, while they called me.".

That was pretty much word for word what he said. And yet more proof that Samoa Joe>all of us

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

So, the mistaken kayfabe (as opposed to the storyline kayfabe, which is itself a fictional version of a theatrical reality) of these hardcore fans is driving Mr. McMahon, HHH, the booking & writing committees to adjust angles, feuds and PPVs - nay WrestleMania itself! -  to this minority's perceptions? This is some wild and wooly through the looking glass stuff indeed...

I think that they'd push Charlotte either way for obvious reasons, but it adds to motivation.

Becky fans want Becky to beat Charlotte. And no win will be good enough for them because they think that at any point Charlotte can usurp Becky's place. So WWE can run this angle however times they want it and Becky fans will show up to support her. But as a result storyline gets weird because Becky has beaten her multiple times and it is not clear why this match needs to happen again, and again.

It is kinda similar to Daniel's situation as well. To his hardcore fans WWE has fucked him and continues to fuck him with this stupid heel angle. From what we have heard Vince actually likes him and has given him good contract. But to his fans Vince did it only because he had to, in reality he hates Daniel and wants him buried.

• Like 3

I disagree quite a bit.

If they totally separated Charlotte and Becky right now, the fans would stay hot for Becky as long as they book her quality opponents and keep her strong. You know how easy it would be to slip Ronda into the role of "person WWE wants over Becky"? 

Of course, in a perfect world, Becky would go from WrestleMania into a feud with Tessa Blanchard, but I digress.

• Like 4

• RIPPA locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic