DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I admire Dean for wanting more creative freedom rather than just taking the easy money and phoning it in for another few years. The WWE never scratched the surface of his potential and that's just more about them having blinders on more then anything else. Sure Dean was WWE champion, but that was for Smackdown and the WWE Title is well established to be below the Universal Championship. So in WWE terms he's accomplished nothing.

I had hope for Dean when he did this heel turn though. I thought maybe we'll get the old Dean back. That could have been fun.

• Like 2

Maybe it's a Pillman thing, where they will actually go through with not renewing his contract, thus they are not "working" anybody reporting that he's not re-signing, but with it agreed upon that he will come back to work an angle when he's "unsigned"

4 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Maybe it's a Pillman thing, where they will actually go through with not renewing his contract, thus they are not "working" anybody reporting that he's not re-signing, but with it agreed upon that he will come back to work an angle when he's "unsigned"

So I guess we will be Fabian Aichner vs Jon Moxley at the first April EVOLVE show?

It's entirely possible to be real and used in a story

One theory I saw noted that it is possible that they are planning on running a Nia Jax/Ambrose match and that they acknowledged he was leaving now so as not to come off later as OMG HE LEFT BECAUSE HE HAD TO WRESTLE A WOMAN!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Slippery, slippery slippery slope man.

Forget your scissors?

True. You gotta do it in a smart way. 

A lot of the comments Shawn and Bret tossed at each other weren’t any better than “forget your scissors”. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Yeah I'm leaning towards it being a work. WWE have 3 months to negotiate. They are fighting tooth and nail to keep talents locked down, look at the Revival, why would they let Dean go when a 3 month window to renegotiate is still in play? The way last nights Raw played out made it seem like it's the beginning of a work, I don't believe it.

According to the original report, Dean told them flat out he's not interested in negotiating, he's not angling for a better deal, he's just done. Assuming he convinced them that he really won't negotiate, they might as well get out ahead of it and prepare for life without him. Let him put over Nia and call it good.

I mean, it could be a work, but to what purpose? So he can get a surprising midcard win at Mania?