DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

You know how back in the day, the PPV providers held all the power, and if your show went over the three hour window they'd either cut it off (WCW) or charge the company a huge fee to not cut it (UFC)? What did the PPV carriers have to say about RR19 going five hours? Other than 'thank god some people are still willing to pay us quadruple the price of a month of WWE network just to see one show once'.

It’s easy to laugh at them, but I long for their moderating power. 

15 minutes ago, AxB said:

Power should be reserved for those who are not in love with it.

I would be a benevolent, fair, but just ruler. Cross me even slightly though and your entire IP range is banned until time stops.

Christ, I really don't want to see Angle wrestle anymore. He looked so slow and broken down from the waist down. His strength is still there, but damn, I felt less concerned about Sting wrestling than I did about Angle. Hell, I even felt less concerned when Terry Funk was still wrestling in 99 and 2000.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Christ, I really don't want to see Angle wrestle anymore. He looked so slow and broken down from the waist down. His strength is still there, but damn, I felt less concerned about Sting wrestling than I did about Angle. Hell, I even felt less concerned when Terry Funk was still wrestling in 99 and 2000.

I would feel less concerned about Terry Funk wrestling now than I do Kurt Angle and his "Michael Keaton in the Batman suit" level of neck mobility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PWInsider is reporting Jeff Jarrett signed with WWE to work on camera and behind the scenes.

I had no idea they had signed Shane Helms, too to work behind the scenes.

Ambrose leaving would be pretty wild. I mean, his booking has been pretty garbage for years but he’s still a guy they perenially keep at the semi-main and main event level (especially at house shows) and his connection to Rollins and Reigns has been a crutch of top level storylines for years and would continue to be going forward.

Gotta think he’s walking away from some serious money but he’s a weird dude. Oddly enough, he’d probably get to spend more time with his wife if he’s not on the WWE road schedule.

But, yeah, this would be the biggest WWE departure since Punk. Wild year so far.

Judging by the past few days of WWE programming,  all WWE has needed was just the threat of real competition, I can't imagine how much different WWE would be now if the had the threat of potential competition alot sooner.

• Like 1

Meltzer injury update

He has to have surgery on hand (this is the fallout from his bike crash last week) Thursday. He can't type for 8 weeks. And more importantly to Dave - he can't train (at least with his hands) for 12 weeks.

There will be WONs every week but they will have a different format.

He said he will do most of the breaking news via the audio shows and is planning on doing more audio shows.

Basically this is a FYI for the folks who are either are subscribers but don't listen to the audio or you wait till folks post it on Reddit or Twitter or something

• Thanks 1