DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

See how Michael Cole calls Seth Rollins' Enzuigiri a step-up Enzuigiri? That's wrong, isn't it? Rollins does a leaping Enzuigiri. A Step-up one is where you plant a foot on the hip like Eddy, or off the back of a leg catch like Pillman.

"Sometimes to convince Vince, you have to con Vince" - Jake Hager. Odd that they made a big deal of Swagger training at Bautista's gym, but Big Dave wasn't at the Bellator show. Especially since Chris Pratt was there, cornering the guy who's the trainer for that Veterans charity thing. Would have been nice to get a GotG cast reunion in the circular circle*.

*nb: The Cage in Bellator MMA is round, not Octagonal. But old school boxing writers loved to call the Boxing ring 'The squared circle'. Hence Bellator's cage is called the circular circle. By me and nobody else (so far).

Yeah, I was meaning to ask what the hell was up with that. My guess is it's just kayfabe (as that is the default), or if Brock is just being a grumpy asshole (because that is also a default).  

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, I was meaning to ask what the hell was up with that. My guess is it's just kayfabe (as that is the default), or if Brock is just being a grumpy asshole (because that is also a default).  

Most folks at the time (since it was reported on shortly after Mania) that it was Brock being Brock

So folks claimed it was because something happened in the match that Brock got pissy about

1 hour ago, nate said:

The "Kill Em All" tramp stamp already killed the mystique for me.

I think it ceases to be a tramp stamp when it says Kill 'Em All. It's not like Brock has a butterfly, a rose or some stupid tribal design above his ass.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ace said:

No, it was shat on then as well.

Eh I don’t recall as much outrage. JR himself certainly didn’t say a word about it.

The amount of outrage the WCW stuff got was way disproportionate to WWE who mercilessly mocked JR for a decades. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think it ceases to be a tramp stamp when it says Kill 'Em All. It's not like Brock has a butterfly, a rose or some stupid tribal design above his ass.

Fair dinkum

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't think it's kayfabe because we're only getting this footage nearly a year later when it was all rumors at the time, probably leaked by Heyman if I had to guess who did the leaking. Brock being a grumpy asshole because Vince fucked up the booking and because the crowd shit on the match wouldn't surprise me at all.

Vince's "HEY ASSHOLE!" made me laugh though.

You know how back in the day, the PPV providers held all the power, and if your show went over the three hour window they'd either cut it off (WCW) or charge the company a huge fee to not cut it (UFC)? What did the PPV carriers have to say about RR19 going five hours? Other than 'thank god some people are still willing to pay us quadruple the price of a month of WWE network just to see one show once'.