DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

They just need to redo Wrestlemania X. Coin flip. Becky Loses, has to face Nia in the first match of the card and then the winner of Charlotte vs Ronda. Then Charlotte gets screwed by Trish as special ref. 

Wait, does Becky have a little sister who can kick her leg out of her leg?

Finn's kind of like a snot-nosed younger sibling.

Let's redo Starrcade: Future Shock instead. Becky can be Sting, Charlotte Lex, Ronda Ric, and throw Sasha in there to job to everybody.

• Haha 1

In the realm of WE ARE OLD AND FUCK YOU IF YOU'RE NOT, Sting vs Vader is quickly approaching 30 years old. If you're telling me to leave amazing shit like that in past like a big fucking fat man who potatoes the shit out of the young babyface franchise then fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooooooou.

EDIT: And yes, those themed sets. The zoo here every Halloween has a big open area with tons of professionally carved pumpkins that look amazing. Our only hope for themed sets is AEW. If we could at least get a Halloween themed show with tons of awesome looking pumpkins, bales of hay, a grim reaper, etc. with cool mood lighting, then that would be the best.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Craig H said:

But Becky has beaten Charlotte. Multiple times.

Not really the point. The finish wouldn't be considered "clean" because triple threats never really are (Ex: Charlotte might have won the triple threat at SummerSlam without cheating, but it was clearly presented as if Becky had a legitimate gripe), and as such would be less effective as an attempt at elevation than Becky-Ronda one on one (which you seem to be in agreement with, so ?‍♂️).

Could it not be argued Charlotte forced her way into the Rousey/Lynch plans by her performance at Survivor Series? 

And speaking of potential sportscentre headlines, the prospect of women main eventing wrestlemania will be the headline. Becky beating not only Rousey, but someone with the family lineage of Charlotte Flair, Flair being a name that every casual fan and media outlet knows isn't to be discarded either.

I'm for the triple threat. I don't care about casual stuff, they switch off after Mania season is over anyway. Charlotte makes everything better. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

EDIT: And yes, those themed sets. The zoo here every Halloween has a big open area with tons of professionally carved pumpkins that look amazing. Our only hope for themed sets is AEW. If we could at least get a Halloween themed show with tons of awesome looking pumpkins, bales of hay, a grim reaper, etc. with cool mood lighting, then that would be the best.

Bales of hay? What's that got to do with Halloween? Harvest season is well over by then. Did you spell 'Coffins and Caskets' wrong?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Bales of hay? What's that got to do with Halloween? Harvest season is well over by then. Did you spell 'Coffins and Caskets' wrong?

Bales of hay are frequently used as a fall decoration and at pumpkin patches. Coffins and caskets have their place as well.

I have no way of proving it, but I'm going to guarantee that if you took Sting and Vader and had them feud today it would still be fucking amazing.

Like, plucked them from out of time back then and dropped them into today's WWE...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I have no way of proving it, but I'm going to guarantee that if you took Sting and Vader and had them feud today it would still be fucking amazing.

Like, plucked them from out of time back then and dropped them into today's WWE...

I can't like this enough. Give me Vader potatoing sting like its going out of style, while sting just won't stay down and takes it right back to this fat evil monster ALL DAY

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

I can't like this enough. Give me Vader potatoing sting like its going out of style, while sting just won't stay down and takes it right back to this fat evil monster ALL DAY

Great rivalry. I may be in the minority having Sting vs. Vader at Starrcade 1992 as the best Sting/Vader match then The Great American Bash 1992. I don't rate the strap match at SuperBrawl III like most.

45 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

That is so not true.

Anyways, I think Becky needs to come out with Meng and Col Robert Lee Parker and announce that she's reformed The Stud Stable...

And then tag with The Natural Dustin Rhodes at an untelevisted Starrcade House show?

Great matches that never happened. Considering that for decades Inoki-ism and Baba-ism were two irreconcilably different things, it's shocking how many of the dream AJPW vs NJPW matches did happen. But Tatsumi Fujinami and Jumbo Tsuruta never jumped, and hence never faced one another.

I got to thinking about this earlier after my joke reply about Charlotte/HHH  -- Of course it happened (once on a 1998 Nitro or Thunder IIRC) but I wish there had been a full blown Hogan/Bret main event PPV match or program in the WWF. I feel like even with Hogan's limitations, it would've been highly watchable based on Bret's work with Diesel and even Bulldog at times, and of course we all know the legend of the Tom Magee match. 

I can't talk rationally about Bret.