DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

I don't care if you agree with me. Agree, disagree, it's fine. But don't shit on my opinion when I've never done that to you. If you wanted to expand the conversation, that would have been cool. But don't give me 'what you said is bullshit' just because it doesn't line up with your sensibilities.

Believe or not I wasn't trying to shit on your opinion. I just didn't consider the language used was harsher than necessary when disagreeing because I'm an idiot who doesn't think about these things often enough until after the fact. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Actually Summer Rea was feuding with Ziggler. Breeze was brought in as her new boyfriend, and had to wear humongous lifts to be at her height. He was going nowhere with that bust of a hand.

Still a better spot than he's in currently, but the point I was trying to make is that people on the board seemed to think Breeze's ceiling was very high.

6 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Still a better spot than he's in currently, but the point I was trying to make is that people on the board seemed to think Breeze's ceiling was very high.

He might’ve, but he never got the opportunity. The closest he got were those high profile matches in NXT he was booked to lose. Except for the Samoa Joe loss, he did feel like he was on the cusp of something bigger there, but they felt he needed to be a gate keeper. He was good at it too. He never had that same chance to try that on the main roster. It feels like it’s too late for him now unless, he gets a complete repacking.

Well, there you go, @Eivion, *someone* is still clamoring for that main event Tyler Breeze push.

I don't know why comedy tag team is somehow not a good enough role for him. There isn't a single person on the roster in a prominent spot  that makes me think "Breeze would work better here."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

So Sonjay Dutt had a rough fucking day.

Just saw an article pop up on this on CBC News' main page. It was sixteen hours and then they got on a safety plane back to Newark. They actually quote his twitter account.

Temperatures on the plane quickly plummeted to "uncomfortable" levels, said passenger Sonjay Dutt, a professional wrestler en route to Hong Kong for a show.Crew handed out blankets, but according to Dutt, they were able to offer little else to assuage mounting anger from passengers.

SONJAY
@sonjaydutterson
Pilots giving out @united CEO email for us to voice our displeasure.

SONJAY
@sonjaydutterson
Goose Bay officials just brought on Tim Hortons snacks and water.  We were running out of food.  Thanks to the local officials for their help.

"Communication could be better," Dutt said in a phone call from the plane. Passengers were told at the start of the delay that a rescue flight had already departed to return them to Newark. An update wasn't announced until about five hours later, he said.

They were also told the airport didn't have the customs capacity to handle hundreds of passengers, Dutt added.

13 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Well, there you go, @Eivion, *someone* is still clamoring for that main event Tyler Breeze push.

I don't know why comedy tag team is somehow not a good enough role for him. There isn't a single person on the roster in a prominent spot  that makes me think "Breeze would work better here."

I’m not clamoring for anything. I just think from watching him in NXT, that he had potential as a singles guy. He just needed a better start. Giving him a debut, with the mentioned issues, and no build up wasn’t. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It feels like it’s too late for him now unless, he gets a complete repacking.

After seeing Jinder fucking Mahal pushed from absolutely nothing to the WWE title within a one month window, saying it's "too late" for anybody is wrong. Anybody can be chosen and pushed at any time, even if their entire career beforehand was spent as a jobber. Prior losses don't matter if they decide to get behind somebody and actually try to push them as an actual threat. Hell, even Barry Horrowitz ended up with a push and got put on SummerSlam in a featured match once ;) 

• Like 2

If I remember correctly - Tyler Breeze was the first call up right after that interview/report where Triple H said he wasn't calling people up until he had a "long term plan" for them. And then Vince completely killed his push like two weeks in.

My misty water colored memories remembers that as the board's biggest problem with the call up

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What ever happened to the rumour that Tyler stepped on his dick and caught heat for leaving a TV taping early? Anyone debunk that? 

I am looking in WON's to figure out what the fuck this is about and I did find this to go along with my previous post (still searching on the dick thing)

The show also featured the big sendoff for Breeze, which was really nice, but by the time it aired, look how it looks now, going from featured star to having really good matches on the main roster and it meaning little so far. We’re told Paul Levesque legitimately wanted him protected and saw him as a heel on the level of Ziggler, which is why he started with Ziggler. Vince started him at that level, but then wasn’t convinced on him and thus his push ended immediately, they stopped putting his entrance on television and they’ve split him up from Summer Rae for apparently no reason since neither have anything new going on, nor was the split built up and a program emerging from it.

10 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

After seeing Jinder fucking Mahal pushed from absolutely nothing to the WWE title within a one month window, saying it's "too late" for anybody is wrong. Anybody can be chosen and pushed at any time, even if their entire career beforehand was spent as a jobber. Prior losses don't matter if they decide to get behind somebody and actually try to push them as an actual threat. Hell, even Barry Horrowitz ended up with a push and got put on SummerSlam in a featured match once ;) 

That's the issue though. You can't treat someone like a dork and then give them a few wins or a belt and expect anyone to see them as just a goof who won a few matches. 

13 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

He did get a bit of a repacking though. He just fucking sucked. 

Maybe for Breeze he can get the Shawn Michaels concussion angle. But when he wakes up he believes he’s his undercover persona ala the Sunny Burnett storyline on Vice.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am looking in WON's to figure out what the fuck this is about and I did find this to go along with my previous post (still searching on the dick thing)

I can’t tell if you’re being serious, but the dick thing was a turn of phrase.

Apparently Ryback put the story out.

http://stillrealtous.com/reason-why-tyler-breeze-had-backstage-heat-with-vince-mcmahon-revealed/ 

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I can’t tell if you’re being serious, but the dick thing was a turn of phrase.

Apparently Ryback put the story out.

http://stillrealtous.com/reason-why-tyler-breeze-had-backstage-heat-with-vince-mcmahon-revealed/ 

Oh I knew what story you were talking about - I said "dick thing" as short hand for which of the two stories I was talking about

That's the famous story where some reports claimed that Breeze did have permission but not from the "right people"

Or other versions where "Vince told him yes but some people didn't know that so they were made at Breeze"

And since its Ryback - take it with a metric ton of salt

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

and Survivor Series and a Royal Rumble

• Like 1

Am I the only one who wasn't a fan of the Dudley Boyz outside of ECW?

I mean, the TLC matches were cool and all in WWE, but outside of that there wasn't much I dug of them.

15 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Am I the only one who wasn't a fan of the Dudley Boyz outside of ECW?

I mean, the TLC matches were cool and all in WWE, but outside of that there wasn't much I dug of them.

I actually liked a lot of what they did in TNA. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

RAW is 3 fucking hours and some of y'all don't believe it's possible to have lengthy tag matches?  They already have lengthy tag matches.  Every week there is a six man or six woman tag that goes at least 12-15 minutes. 

Possible? Of course it is. Likely to actually happen on anything approaching a regular basis?