DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

11 hours ago, Edwin said:

I saw someone elsewhere say if WWE signed Kenny, he would fill Cena's shoes and would become the next Rock...

watmeme.jpg

I have seen a lot of similar, outrageous claims made about various guys recently and I honestly think it's a combination of two things:

1) our beloved wrestling bubble

2) The posters on many other sites/boards/ugh Reddit skew a lot younger than they used to, and are trying to delude themselves into believing that because they missed out on guys jumping back and forth during the 90s

Nak debuted as a big deal in NXT, had a long run as NXT champion/ace, debuted as a big deal in the main roster, got clean wins over Orton and Cena, won the Royal Rumble, and challenged for the World title at Mania. I get that 1. the Dolph match sucked, 2. the racist angles and low blow stuff sucked, and 3. most on the board would only have been satisfied with him squashing Jinder for the title and getting a year long run, but this idea that Nak was somehow not pushed is silly - Omega would be in a great spot if he got similar treatment from WWE. 

• Like 3

Nakamura ran into the same issue that everyone runs into.  Nobody outside of Roman is a priority. They don't have longterm plans for 99% of the roster. It's all about "moments".  Nakamura winning the Royal Rumble was a "moment".  Nakamura vs. AJ was a "moment".  The shitty feud that followed is nothing,  no real plan outside of they need these guys to work each other for the next few months.  How do we get there?  Who cares. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Is it confirmed that KUSHIDA is going to WWE and not AEW?

Not confirmed but Meltzer reported last month that the WWE clearly feels confident enough that he was coming that they are talking about it more internally

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Nak debuted as a big deal in NXT, had a long run as NXT champion/ace, debuted as a big deal in the main roster, got clean wins over Orton and Cena, won the Royal Rumble, and challenged for the World title at Mania. I get that 1. the Dolph match sucked, 2. the racist angles and low blow stuff sucked, and 3. most on the board would only have been satisfied with him squashing Jinder for the title and getting a year long run, but this idea that Nak was somehow not pushed is silly - Omega would be in a great spot if he got similar treatment from WWE. 

I think this post sums it up perfectly: it's entirely possible for a super-talented wrestler to get a prominent spot in WWE, and rack up a bunch of accomplishments that look great on paper, without having very much of it actually be any good. That's what I would predict for Omega in WWE.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Is it confirmed that KUSHIDA is going to WWE and not AEW?

I wish Alex Shelley was still wrestling. Time Splitters in WWE would be awesome, as would have been MCMGs. I'm actually surprised there's no interest in Chris Sabin for 205 like another Kendrick veteran type figure. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Matt D said:

Or what about a three month feud with Dolph Ziggler. What about that?

The best part of Kenny signing with the WWE is Meltzer and everyone rating matches 4 1/2 - 6 stars against people like Ziggler who you know he can't stand.   I mean imagine the shit fit he will have if Kenny has to work the Miz

32 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Hey, who is to blame for the weird Wrestling mask trend on the indys?

These things...

A3U0LRJZ_400x400.jpg

Jake-Dave-Crist-Sami-Callihan-1.jpg

The SlipKnot trend is hitting the indys 10 years later?