DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

So, just in case people don't know this, Pluto TV's streaming app (which is free) now has an AAA channel that streams AAA shows 24/7.

It also has an Impact Wrestling streaming channel for those who are interested. Hey, free wrestling. :)

It also has an MST3K channel that I believe has under 20 episodes in rotation. Also Pluto TV is just a fucking weird thing. I don’t know whether I like it or not. It currently works well as a thing to put on in the background, but to actually sit down, and watch is a chore due to the awkwardly placed ad breaks, as well as the same 6 ads being run. Like I don’t know how much more I can take of these commercials for that Catherine Zeta-Jones tv show on Facebook Watch without slamming my head against a wall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It also has an MST3K channel that I believe has under 20 episodes in rotation. Also Pluto TV is just a fucking weird thing. I don’t know whether I like it or not. It currently works well as a thing to put on in the background, but to actually sit down, and watch is a chore due to the awkwardly placed ad breaks, as well as the same 6 ads being run. Like I don’t know how much more I can take of these commercials for that Catherine Zeta-Jones tv show on Facebook Watch without slamming my head against a wall.

And it sometimes gets in this Loop where you see the same commercial 3-6 times in a row during one break, too.

But Flicks of Fury can have some real good runs from time to time.

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I'd never, ever pay for it, but it fills TV gaps for me as someone who doesn't have cable and just uses OTA/streaming services.

Sky News is the big one, but it also has the music channels, which I haven't had since ditching traditional cable TV almost a decade ago. I can also watch local channels without fiddling with the antenna, which is nice. 

Plus, that bad Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon is on one of those cartoon channels, so ultimately, I'm a fan of the service. 

9 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Plus, that bad Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon is on one of those cartoon channels, so ultimately, I'm a fan of the service. 

I didn’t know they were showing that. I wish I knew what the lineup for most of these channels were. The official website doesn’t say shit, and the on screen guide only shows about 3 hours forward. It’s like the days of the Preview Channel if your parents didn’t have a TV Guide subscription.

3 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I'd never, ever pay for it, but it fills TV gaps for me as someone who doesn't have cable and just uses OTA/streaming services.

Sky News is the big one, but it also has the music channels, which I haven't had since ditching traditional cable TV almost a decade ago. I can also watch local channels without fiddling with the antenna, which is nice. 

Damn that's awesome, I didn't see any local channels on mine (though it's not a huge deal since I get a few of them through DirecTV NOW). Im also glad i can catch Impact on there since they're leaving Pop (the ten day delay doesn't bother me since im usually a couple weeks behind anyway)

Just gonna say that the CMLL YouTube livestreams are always a fun way to spend an evening. Although they really need to dial back having the fat referee ending main event matches on low blows, mask pulls, and fake mask pulls. Although I guess the ending for Penta/Caristico last Friday was a creative screwjob.

Just found out that Jimmy Hart is 13 days younger than Mean Gene (Hart turned 76 on New Years Day, Okerlund turned 76 on December 19th). I already knew that Jimmy Hart is also older than Bobby Heenan. Jimmy might rank up there for deceptively old wrestling figures. 

Also, "Keep On Dancing" could have hit #1 if it weren't for "Yesterday" and "Get Off Of My Cloud". (There was another song "A Lover's Concerto" that hit #2 but never #1 because of the Beatles and the Stones).

• Like 2

not to do the Wrestling Hotseat "Wrestlers Birthdays"... but now i'm going through Wikipedia pages and finding that Ole Anderson, Gary Hart, Jerry Jarrett, Ivan Koloff, JJ Dillon, and Pedro Morales were all born in 1942.

Wikipedia's page for 1942 lists the Iron Sheik was being born on March 15th, 1942 while Sheik's actual page lists him as being born on 3/15/1943.

Some extra 1943 births, all people younger than Jimmy Hart: Antonio Inoki, Harley Race, Jimmy Snuka, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Superstar Billy Graham

22 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Cat/Norton blocked here too, and I was the one asking for it recently! Dammit...

Rob Naylor: Hey, Paul, it’s me, Rob.

HHH: Uhhhhhhh... Rob?

Rob Naylor: Rob Naylor, from NXT.

HHH: Ohhhhhhhhhh, Rob... *Shrugs shoulders* How’s it going?

Rob Naylor: Good... No, great actually. 

HHH: That’s great... Listen I’ve gotta go. My daughter is competing in a Little Ms. Universe Body Building pageant, an...

Rob Naylor: Don’t hang up! I’ll be quick... Remember Death Valley Driver?

HHH: Perry Saturn’s finisher?

Rob Naylor: No, the Internet forum.

HHH: What’s the internet?

Rob Naylor: Stop playing dumb, Fat Spanish Waiter!

HHH: Alright fine... Why are you bringing it up?

Rob Naylor: Ernest “The Cat” Miller...

HHH: Scott Norton angle!

Rob Naylor: YES! How did...

HHH: ...I know? Unforgettable TV angle, that’s why. ...And you’re calling because some asshole on DVDVR linked it?

Rob Naylor: Yup...

HHH: I’m on it! Thanks, kid... *Hang’s up phone*

Stephanie: Who was that, honey.

HHH: An old friend, Steph. Oh, by the way, I’ll be late to the pageant.

Stephanie: ...Why?

HHH: Some unfinished business I got to take care of. 

Stephanie: ...Okay, make it in before 8. 

HHH: *Kiss*...7:45.

*Hunter walks past a mirror, and walks back to it. He stares at it for a few seconds, and proceeds to give himself a standing ovation.*

HHH: “YOU DESERVE THIS... *CLAP-CLAP... CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*

*Meanwhile back to Naylor...*

*He writes a letter back to his friends at DVDVR, in which he expresses his difficulties adjusting to the outside world, including holding up a job at a grocery store as a bagger, and living in constant fear. He decides that he's tired of being afraid. Gets up on a table and carves "Naylor was here" into the ceiling beam. ...*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

How did Naylor even get that job? Was it that he applied for the position of the person converting content to digital media and then he just moved up to being Dusty's assistant?

Internet Police, I'd like to report a murder:

(It started with Bayley saying Happy New Year, Graves being a fucking creep and saying he can't wait for their romance angle, a fan saying he should go for Becky, and Graves stupidly walking into the bear trap.)

• Like 10

I like Cory more than others but holy fuck this is creepy as hell.  According to the ESPN special he seems like a really awesome guy with a wife and kid.  So either this is his true self coming out or he thinks this is what his character would do.  If that's the case  then he might need to really reconsider what he's trying to do.  But I'd rather he'd just stop with all this.

• Like 1